Sponsored by:

I drove my 997 back-to-back with 991 and GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Lincoln Town Car?! ROTFLMAO! Busted! Admit it, you've never owned or even driven a Porsche, in fact I wager you don't even have a driving licence. Oh, and just in case you missed it on the 6 o'clock news, the F150 is not a car.
He was outed as a Troll like 5 pages ago! He doesn't own a Porsche, and hasn't driven either!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see a photo of the Brits car and Quads car. Don't care if the Brit owns one or not....he's funny as hell!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

Before you guys really go off the deep end and look even more foolish with this "he's a troll and doesn't even own a Porsche" attempt at a smear, Quad owns a 993 TT and has been a contributing member to these forums much longer than any of you. Not that he needs me to stick up for him.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
You said all american cars are rubbish, i disagreed.
And you were wrong. American cars are built to suit American taste, that's the best (and worst) one can say about it.

Now then, I see you completely skipped over the wager.
I see you're from New Jersey, so I understand and forgive you for taking the expression "I'll wager" literally In fact, it rather explains your low-street taste as well. I'm sure Snooki and JWOWW adore the Town Car also.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Before you guys really go off the deep end and look even more foolish with this "he's a troll and doesn't even own a Porsche" attempt at a smear, Quad owns a 993 TT and has been a contributing member to these forums much longer than any of you. Not that he needs me to stick up for him.
That he owns a 993TT in fact makes his bloviating assertions seem that much more disingenuous and suspicious of trolling. And in terms of being a "contributing member", well, I suppose in the same sense that a cow can be said to be a contributing member of the fertilizer industry.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:25 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

hmm... well, you are sticking up for him! He hasn't DRIVEN either 997 nor 991! His own words... and he's also hasn't even BEEN in 991! Now, what do you call someone who has such strong opinions on both... while not owning/driven either?! To me, it's called a "Troll"!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

And you were wrong. American cars are built to suit American taste, that's the best (and worst) one can say about it.

I see you're from New Jersey, so I understand and forgive you for taking the expression "I'll wager" literally In fact, it rather explains your low-street taste as well. I'm sure Snooki and JWOWW adore the Town Car also.
And yet I provided a list about 10 vehicles deep. Remove the trucks and the town car. That leaves you with a few corvettes, a viper, a few hot mustangs, and the caddy ctsv. care to tell me whats so rubbish about them?

Now americans have no taste? you really like stupid generalizations don't you?

My low street taste huh? Hows that exactly?

Btw, is the guy from south florida really insulting where I live? Talk about tasteless.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by alexb76
hmm... well, you are sticking up for him! He hasn't DRIVEN either 997 nor 991! His own words... and he's also hasn't even BEEN in 991! Now, what do you call someone who has such strong opinions on both... while not owning/driven either?! To me, it's called a "Troll"!
Your reading skills are lacking. I've got a bunch of seat time in 997s ranging from a GT3 to a turbo to a plain old c2.

I took a ride in a 991, but did not drive it.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

That he owns a 993TT in fact makes his bloviating assertions seem that much more disingenuous and suspicious of trolling. And in terms of being a "contributing member", well, I suppose in the same sense that a cow can be said to be a contributing member of the fertilizer industry.
BLOVIATE : to speak or write verbosely and windily

Now who does that remind me of? Hmmmmm........
Old 07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

And yet I provided a list about 10 vehicles deep. Remove the trucks and the town car. That leaves you with a few corvettes, a viper, a few hot mustangs, and the caddy ctsv. care to tell me whats so rubbish about them?
Pretty much everything I'm afraid.

Now americans have no taste?
Two words: NASCAR and demolition-derby

My low street taste huh? Hows that exactly?
Two words: Town Car.

Btw, is the guy from south florida really insulting where I live? Talk about tasteless.
I live in south Florida but I'm quite assuredly not "from" here. BTW half the population of south Florida are originally from New Jersey. And the other half are from New York. They refer to New Jersey as "that smell from across the river". I wonder why?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

BLOVIATE : to speak or write verbosely and windily

Now who does that remind me of? Hmmmmm........
I could assert that to someone with ashphalt scrapes on his knuckles, anything beyond monosyllabic grunts must seem like bloviation, but being the gentleman I am I will acquiesce and simply say...touche.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by alexb76
It's not a matter of sticking up for anyone; as I said before Quad doesn't need me to defend him. I just have a low tolerance for false "logic" and inaccurate "facts" so I spoke up before more unfounded comments about how "he doesn't even own a Porsche" were spit out.

You don't need to have driven a 997 or 991 to have an opinion about the incessant and ridiculously repetitive comments and complaints about rear deck lettering, parking brake levers, or center consoles. All you need is a healthy sense of perspective.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

You don't need to have driven a 997 or 991 to have an opinion about the incessant and ridiculously repetitive comments and complaints about rear deck lettering, parking brake levers, or center consoles. All you need is a healthy sense of perspective.
...and a diseased sense of the aesthetic.

But it hardly surprises me you assert that first-hand knowledge is unessential to expounding on a subject.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Pretty much everything I'm afraid.
so every single thing about the corvette z06/zr1, viper, cts-v, and assorted mustangs is rubbish. The powerplants also huh?

Now your 991 comments make sense. You literally don't know a thing about cars.

Two words: NASCAR and demolition-derby
wow, generalizations are fun.

Two words: Town Car.
Point out for me where I said I would buy a town car or even that I like them? I simply said that it does the job it was designed for very well, making it not rubbish.

I live in south Florida but I'm quite assuredly not "from" here. BTW half the population of south Florida are originally from New Jersey. And the other half are from New York. They refer to New Jersey as "that smell from across the river". I wonder why?
once again, generalizations are fun.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

so every single thing about the corvette z06/zr1, viper, cts-v, and assorted mustangs is rubbish. The powerplants also huh?
Two words: large displacement.

I simply said that it does the job it was designed for very well, making it not rubbish.
So then you assert that the mere fact a car serves as transportation makes it not-rubbish. Interesting. And by interesting I mean sophomorically inane.

Quick Reply: I drove my 997 back-to-back with 991 and GT3RS