Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tubi Exhaust...Pricing and thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:58 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts
Default Tubi Exhaust...Pricing and thoughts?

Hi All,

Just a quick question....thinking of adding a Tubi exhaust....how much can I plan on spending and where should I go to buy it?

..........for those that have it do you like it?

My Porsche tech recommended it and said not too loud but very nice sound at speed and acceleration.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
Old 06-22-2012, 07:03 PM
provoste
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I snatched a set of lightly used tubi mufflers for 997.1 secondhand. They sound much different than the Fabspeed and FVD's. More tone in the 2-4k range and they howl up high. They remind me of a cup car at full song from outside the car. They are not exactly quiet, but not obtrusive or obnoxiously loud. I'd definitely recommend them, and they are beautifully constructed. Champion sells them new.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has them and I could hear them loud and clear during a recent club drive. I was behind him most of the time and the sound was magnificent.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

But.....how much?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Hi All,

Just a quick question....thinking of adding a Tubi exhaust....how much can I plan on spending and where should I go to buy it?

My Porsche tech recommended it and said not too loud but very nice sound at speed and acceleration.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
Tom,

I believe Power Tech in Rockaway NJ is a Tubi dealer (as well as Fabspeed). Might be worth a discussion with them and they can give you the pros / cons of each system. Sharkwerks in PA are Tubi dealers as well. I think the starting prices are about $3K and go up from there when you add headers, cats, etc.

Mark

Mark
Old 06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

I love the Tubi I have on the '09 Turbo. Got 'em with a few hundred miles on them through a board sponsor/tuner. Check around, especially that fishy guy.

I chose the Tubi for many of the same reasons...wanted free flowing, better sound but not finger wagging from the neighborhood wives.

Meets all my expectations.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-23-2012, 12:43 AM
TKO
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Tubi love ....

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ail-today.html
Old 06-23-2012, 03:58 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Thank you Tom....a very educational thread.....I remember reading it back then!

Your car is gorgeous....love those wheels too.....just got the 501s....HREs are so nice....sometimes I'm speechless looking at them!

Can you tell me what you paid and where you bought it? My dealer had a "Performance" arm of their Company and they gave me a price of $3,700 and I thought that was high but have no way to know for sure.

I'm out in Orange County maybe 8 times a year but won't be out again until the Fall and I can't wait that long.....but I think I'm already convinced!

All the best,

Tom
Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by provoste
I snatched a set of lightly used tubi mufflers for 997.1 secondhand. They sound much different than the Fabspeed and FVD's. More tone in the 2-4k range and they howl up high. They remind me of a cup car at full song from outside the car. They are not exactly quiet, but not obtrusive or obnoxiously loud. I'd definitely recommend them, and they are beautifully constructed. Champion sells them new.
Just what I'm looking for....thanks for your POV!!

Tom
Old 06-23-2012, 04:00 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
A friend of mine has them and I could hear them loud and clear during a recent club drive. I was behind him most of the time and the sound was magnificent.
WOW!!!! Thanks....sounds great!

Tom
Old 06-23-2012, 04:01 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
I love the Tubi I have on the '09 Turbo. Got 'em with a few hundred miles on them through a board sponsor/tuner. Check around, especially that fishy guy.

I chose the Tubi for many of the same reasons...wanted free flowing, better sound but not finger wagging from the neighborhood wives.

Meets all my expectations.
That's good to know Eric....nothing like raves from people that have it!!

Thanks,

Tom
Old 06-23-2012, 04:44 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Hi All,

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Tom,

I had Tubi on my -06 and it's my current car too. Nothing else sounds like it. They're not cheap but nor are the cars we drive. And as I think someone else said, with Tubi you stay almost stock quiet when you choose to but it's hell unleashed when you open things up. With no switch to flip. Beautiful system in all respects and worth the $3,400 Champion and others ask imo. (for the .2 cars). Removes 20 or 30 lbs from the rear of the car (forgot the exact number) by doing away with the heavy stock center muffler which is replaced with two lightweight crossover pipes. Kind of sad all this is hidden behind the rear bumper since it's pretty to look at. And don't pay too much attention to the video in the link below. Does the actual sound no justice.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...i-997-2-ex.htm
Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Tom,

I had Tubi on my -06 and it's my current car too. Nothing else sounds like it. They're not cheap but nor are the cars we drive. And as I think someone else said, with Tubi you stay almost stock quiet when you choose to but it's hell unleashed when you open things up. With no switch to flip. Beautiful system in all respects and worth the $3,400 Champion and others ask imo. (for the .2 cars). Removes 20 or 30 lbs from the rear of the car (forgot the exact number) by doing away with the heavy stock center muffler which is replaced with two lightweight crossover pipes. Kind of sad all this is hidden behind the rear bumper since it's pretty to look at. And don't pay too much attention to the video in the link below. Does the actual sound no justice.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...i-997-2-ex.htm
Thanks for the feedback....everyone says the same positive things and that's great! Sounds like that'll be my next improvement!

Best,

Tom
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Tommy - I had to laugh when I saw another of your threads on which we're going down the same road... First, HREs, now, Tubi! From the ones I've heard (Fabspeed, X51, Tubi), I like Tubi the best. A common (and good) combo is to do the X51 headers with Tubi cans. I'm starting to scour the classifieds here and elsewhere. Good luck!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM
jpsjr70
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, I don't know if you are going to install yourself or not, but you can check with BodyMotion for the install or Lomedico in Shrewsbury, I know they will install, I hear those guys do a good job at a reasonable install cost. Don't make the mistake I made of doing a Fabspeed, I had it installed at their shop in PA and having issues with CEL and the Cats which they are aware of and they are not answering calls or emails, not fun! Should have listened to others on the forum and go with the Tubi or AWE or Europipe setup, now I feel I got pie in the face

Joe

Quick Reply: Tubi Exhaust...Pricing and thoughts?