Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 997.1 C2S F77

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

on the inside of the gas cap (petrol to us brits) I see 2D8 next to the colour id (correct spelling for us brits)

sure does wake you up, but more importantly other drivers see you (which is not a bad thing at all)

Nick D
Old 05-28-2012, 11:48 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Eduardo knows his Signal Green, no doubt!

Color code should be inside the gas cap, as suggested, perhaps someone could post a photo that points it out
Old 05-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dunlopnick
on the inside of the gas cap (petrol to us brits) I see 2D8 next to the colour id (correct spelling for us brits)Nick D
Splendid, old chap! I think we got this puzzle all sorted out. Your car is not 'Signal Green' but 'RS Green'. In MY2008, the factory did allow for dealers to custom order any 911 in that color via PTS, which on the previous year was a color 'exclusive' to the gt3 RS (one of only four colors offered at its introduction)! It is also the 'Green' that was used for a Limited Edition Cayman S in '08 sold in various markets. I was a companion color to 'RS Orange' Limited Edition Boxsters & Caymans done in that '08 model year too, which was another of the formerly exclusive gt3 RS colors!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Still in Southern Wyoming!

PS Let's all remember our past & present Veterans today!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:19 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the confirmation on colour - the colour changes a lot in different light for sure .... Interesting the factory labelled the car PTS code not RS Green code - but heh that won't stop me driving the socks off it ...

I understand that Loeber spec'd this car aswell as a Signal Orange and Mexico Blue at the same time - and took a long time parting company with them.

Last edited by dunlopnick; 05-28-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Splendid, old chap! I think we got this puzzle all sorted out. Your car is not 'Signal Green' but 'RS Green'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Still in Southern Wyoming!

PS Let's all remember our past & present Veterans today!
Thanks for dropping by this thread Eduardo! Always interesting input on the special ordered P-cars. Thanks to you Nick now knows what color his car really is.

Side note; the "colour code" on my fuel door is "L998". So far mine is the only fuel door I know of that is simply labeled with the "paint to sample" code. Makes me curious how it ended up labeled like that.

Again, thanks for chiming in here Eduardo. Have a safe and fun road trip.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

hot hot hot
Old 05-28-2012, 04:52 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Thanks for dropping by this thread Eduardo! Always interesting input on the special ordered P-cars. Thanks to you Nick now knows what color his car really is.
Very helpful as the dealer guys I spoke to at Leober and the prior owner called it signal green. I also see a lot of chat re signal green and RS Green being one and the same but clearly not.

Once again thanks guys
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Side note; the "colour code" on my fuel door is "L998". So far mine is the only fuel door I know of that is simply labeled with the "paint to sample" code. Makes me curious how it ended up labeled like that.
You've heard of FRIDAY cars have you not .....
Old 05-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I understand that Loeber spec'd this car aswell as a Signal Orange and Mexico Blue at the same time - and took a long time parting company with them.
A few years ago, when you went to the Loeber Porsche website, they had a shot of all three '08 PTS 911's together (the Orange, the Mexico Blue and your RS Green), tail to tail, similar to one of their rotating photos in their site today:

http://loeber.porschedealer.com/

Very helpful as the dealer guys I spoke to at Leober and the prior owner called it signal green. I also see a lot of chat re signal green and RS Green being one and the same but clearly not.
I already posted the photo of my 'Signal Green' 997.1 next to a 'RS Green' gt3 RS which was taken in 2008. The 'Signal Green' 997.1 was owned then by the original owner from Arizona and we were all at an 'R Gruppe Treffen' in Cambria. The 'Signal Green' 997.1 ended up with me in 2011. The 'RS Green' gt3 RS was sold to Rennlister Mikymu later in 2008, then it was sold by Mikymu to Fritz Flynn! It recently sold again! So quite a history on that car!

You can see the 2008 photo showing the two 'Greens' in post #22 at this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-black-2.html

The camera lens picks up the difference right away. And so can anyone with the naked eye. The RS Green has more blue - closer to the old 'Viper' color.
The 'Signal Green' has more yellow.

Again, thanks for chiming in here Eduardo. Have a safe and fun road trip.
Thanks Phil. That is just too funny that your fuel door says L998. Good thing Nick's didn't, otherwise I would have looked rather foolish. It goes to show you how unique and bespoke the whole PTS process really is at Porsche. But we thank them for offering such a program at all. Try to ask for a PTS color at Mercedes and see where they tell you to go? Or BMW, although I heard they are showing some flexibility in certain M3 orders, but very limited. Audi does have a similar 'Exclusive' program and I considered a R8 in 'Solar Orange' not that long ago!

Saludos,
Eduardo
In beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Eduardo, thanks for all the info and the side by side picture. I'll now be searching for the Leober picture just for my records.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:02 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of a F77 package. Is this from the factory like a X51 ?

Jason
Old 05-29-2012, 03:22 PM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No I think it was a package offered by Champion Motorsport. Similar in price to X51, but supposedly a more complete upgrade package. Excellence did a report in May 2007 issue. It feel,somewhere between the X51 and a GT3.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Jason here's a link http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...ms-997-f77.htm
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

This passed saturday put on, with the help of a couple of buddies and a few posters on forums, the grill kit from Rennline. Instructions worked a treat and looks good - I think there's another one to be done soon !
Attached Images   
Old 06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Badass! Love the stripes. I've got my laser shifters in the same spot. Enjoy your new ride.

Quick Reply: New to me 997.1 C2S F77