Sponsored by:

bluetooth connection issue in 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default bluetooth connection issue in 997.2

I have an 09 C4S with factory Bluetooth. It connected just fine to my Blackberry with Verizon. About a year ago I got a Droid Global 2 with Verizon. This also connected well (with the exception of a phonebook issue). But a few months ago, right after a software update to the Droid, the car and phone stopped connecting. After a few weeks it started connecting again. Just a week or two ago the same thing happened again. One day there was a software update to the Droid and then the phone wouldn't connect. It hasn't resolved this time around yet. Has anyone else had this issue? Solved it?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

You may have to pair them again.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:32 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by mander
I have an 09 C4S with factory Bluetooth. It connected just fine to my Blackberry with Verizon. About a year ago I got a Droid Global 2 with Verizon. This also connected well (with the exception of a phonebook issue). But a few months ago, right after a software update to the Droid, the car and phone stopped connecting. After a few weeks it started connecting again. Just a week or two ago the same thing happened again. One day there was a software update to the Droid and then the phone wouldn't connect. It hasn't resolved this time around yet. Has anyone else had this issue? Solved it?
My iphone connects without issues but that doesn't really matter since I don't use the function anymore. More often than not the person on the other end complains that they can't hear me so I gave up on it. Maybe I need a new mic.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Blueant visor-mounted hands-free which has paired flawlessly with any phone I had, including my iPhone regardless of its firmware updates. If I've got the window and s'roof open and the radio on, sometimes I don't always hear the nice British lady announce a call, and of course I have to mute the radio manually, but the speaker is plenty loud and clear, and I've never had anyone complain they couldn't hear me or even knew I was in the car on a hands-free. For $50 I'm happy, especially now hearing the expensive integrated ones aren't perfect. Then again I don't carry on business over the phone in the car, it's just typically family calling. My wife has a $70 Jabra she got at Costco, and it works just as well, minus the nice British lady
Old 03-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had no issues using either my old Verizon EnV3 or my AT&T iPhone 4S with the PCM's bluetooth hands free operations or phonebook. I've also not had issues with folks hearing me .. they know I'm in a car, but they can understand me just fine. The only issues I've had is when the terrain blocks the cell signal and the call drops.. but thats a cell network issue, not the in car hands free mike/speakers/bluetooth issue.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Finally got around to trying to pair the Verizon Droid Global 2 and the PCM Bluetooth again. Deleted the old entries and tried to connect to start a new one. The PCM could not find the phone. Next steps?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 539 Posts

On my 997.2 I had problems connecting my Droid X. Sometimes it would pair sometimes not. On my GTS it paired without issues. I later switched to an iPhone 4S and I've had no problems with pairing or connections with it on the GTS.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan C.
On my 997.2 I had problems connecting my Droid X. Sometimes it would pair sometimes not. On my GTS it paired without issues. I later switched to an iPhone 4S and I've had no problems with pairing or connections with it on the GTS.
Was the carrier Verizon?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I had a droid I had nothing but problems in my 997.2S (verizon). No issues with Iphone.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:54 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott997
When I had a droid I had nothing but problems in my 997.2S (verizon). No issues with Iphone.
I see an iPhone in my future. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Verizon has been known to make boneheaded decisions regarding the firmware on cell phones and the part of the bluetooth protocol stack they decide to implement.

Back when hands-free profile was common practice, they still insisted on producing basic feature phones without that protocol even though makers like Samsung had firmware that would provide the feature.

When bluetooth doesn't work like bluetooth should, and your carrier is Verizon, I'd look first at Verizon for an answer. See if they have a firmware update for your phone.

Quick Reply: bluetooth connection issue in 997.2