Sponsored by:

Haters!! Venting...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44

We're not all in this together because I couldn't give 2 shi*ts about you if you're not my family or my friend....are you able to grasp that philosophy or is that too deep for you?
Now, that's a NEW LOW, even for you!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
You're completely missing the point. It's widely accepted that the US economy is made up by consumer spending at the rate of 70% to 75% and "consumers" in this context represent the so called middle class.

Look at the US society as a pyramid where the bottom represents the poor and the top the rich. How do you figure that chipping away at the bottom of the pyramid in order to expand the top will enhance the long term structure of this pyramid? That's exactly what we've been doing here for decades imo. Little by little although it seems to have accelerated in the last couple of decades. You may enjoy life at the top of the pyramid but you won't enjoy it for long if the base starts to crumble. No matter how self sufficient you think you are, you still depend on society as a whole to a large extent. In a civilized society that is. On the flip side, if anarchy is your thing you may be in luck.

As for the occupy movement, obscene amounts of money were been made by a very few at the expense of millions of others in the past 10 years. Maybe illegally and so far without consequence. That's what the movement is about in my opinion. Not class warfare. The worst case of class warfare I can recall in my lifetime was being forced to bail out financial institutions that had fleeced millions of taxpayers of their life savings with newly invented "financial instruments". As a taxpayer, you have no problem with that? I hear hardly a whisper from the far right about this outrage which is odd considering the ideology they like to advance. I.E....anyone who can't hold their own deserves to fail. The hold your own concept only applies to certain classes?
+1000000
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 587 Posts

NO MORE POLITICS!!

Back to cars

The haters are racist lugnuts and i feel sorry for losers like that..
Old 10-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
NO MORE POLITICS!!

Back to cars

The haters are racist lugnuts and i feel sorry for losers like that..
I'd say amen but don't want to bring religion into this discussion
Old 10-27-2011, 01:07 PM
JLHendrix
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TommyV44
This is such a BS argument!

You speak about the bottom as if those people had a name. The bottom is the bottom only for some finite time period and then they move up or down....they're not the same people and they're at the bottom because of the decisions they made....if they don't want to be there then do something about it but stop putting your hand out for my money. Go to work....go to school but do it with your money...not mine. O.K.?

We're not all in this together because I couldn't give 2 shi*ts about you if you're not my family or my friend....are you able to grasp that philosophy or is that too deep for you?
Tommy, your arguments are incoherent. But then this post is about "haters venting" so you do stay on point.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:30 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
I'd say amen but don't want to bring religion into this discussion
LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexb76
ABSOLUTELY! But, with a bit of effort you can manage to maybe start moving away.

The perfect example was me trying to find a better Tire Pressure gauge, the most recommended was "Longacre", I almost bought it, but before pulling the trigger I emailed and asked where was it made, they said "Made in Asia" and used a lame excuse as "the best products are no longer made in US"... so I searched around and found an AMAZING Tire Pressure Gauge by Mittle Brothers (Tanner Racing) at the same price and I just bought that last night!

I've just become more concious, like before picking up an item, I look at "where it's made" and try to support local businesses, and although 80% of the time I have no other alternative, whenever I got a choice I DO make that a criteria for purchase. When and if most people become more concious of that, and maybe start moving that 20% of items toward local products we can collectively move the needle!
Right - you bought a $100k GERMAN car and a $15 American made tire pressure gauge .....
Old 10-27-2011, 02:39 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PCC
Right - you bought a $100k GERMAN car and a $15 American made tire pressure gauge .....
Actually it was $48! ... So, you wanted me to actually pay the SAME $48 for a Chinese made one?

All I am trying to say is WHEN there IS A CHOICE, we can all make a concious decision to support local... that's all. It could be a $3 towel in your local store, or your home appliances! You buy a car ONCE every 5-10 years, but you buy all sort of other products adding up to multiples of that car cost in that 5-10yr period and you CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE even with $3 purchases.

PS. When and if there's a car as good as a Porsche, will do that too, and actually if in market for a Sports Sedan, CTS-V looks like the real deal, Ford Focus is one of the best small cars you can buy, and in my new place Wolf appliances will be used!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A helpful translator

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonath...ef=mostpopular
Old 10-27-2011, 02:57 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts