Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haters!! Venting...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

As much as jealousy, I suspect you were confronted with a racist reaction to seeing you in your Porsche. Despicable and cowardly. You handled the situation the best that you could. Be thankful no one was hurt. Best regards.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Sadly, this administration is feeding the Wall Street mess because it's convenient for them, and it is all about class warfare. Those who are acting in this manner have no clue about what it is to work for a living and to then afford the better things in life. I apologize for them, for being so ignorant.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Sadly, this administration is feeding the Wall Street mess because it's convenient for them, and it is all about class warfare. Those who are acting in this manner have no clue about what it is to work for a living and to then afford the better things in life.
That's quite a leap of deduction. The OP said he was told to "go back to his own country". This incident wasn't primarily about "class warfare", it was motivated by stupidity from people who thought they were assailing someone who wasn't a "real American". No side has a monopoly on bad policy, but who is shouting the loudest right now about electrified border fences, illegal aliens, birth certificates, and people not born in this country? The administration? Really? Placing blame without more thought is what leads to the kind of incident the OP experienced.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 PM
JD911
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 57 Posts

Absolutely disgusting. Just glad you and your family were unharmed.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Similar thing happened to me when I was living in Germany. I was approached a few times by Ami-haters. They were some of the original green party movement who hated americans. They told me "Ami go home". So I did. That'l show em.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:47 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the like happen so many times that I have developed a technique for responding that works INSTANTLY.

Start filming video with your cell phone.

Hasn't failed yet to COMPLETELY change them from aggressive to meek.

The world is FULL of them.

Absolutely full.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I've had the like happen so many times that I have developed a technique for responding that works INSTANTLY.

Start filming video with your cell phone.

Hasn't failed yet to COMPLETELY change them from aggressive to meek.

The world is FULL of them.

Absolutely full.
Great idea. Then post the video on YouTube!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Sorry man, that REALLY SUCKS!

I faced something similar two weeks ago, visiting Seattle with GF. While at a stop light, this large homeless looking guy approached the car and started saying all BS to me, like "how come you got this car and I got nothing, do you see what's going on in our society, etc..." probably not realizing I am Canadian... I told him, "Sorry, I am from Canada and you should complain to your congress" and took off in case he decided to do anything else.

To be honest, I DO FEEL for some down south... it makes me sad anytime I travel to US lately, reminds me HOW things changed since Clinton times when even before graduating college I got 5-6 job offers in the Bay area, it was incredible. The politcal system HAS TO CHANGE, to STOP the lobbyists, and to provide public funding for political campaigns instead of the current corrupt system. As much as I value hard work and success, something is wrong when hedge fund managers who make Billions pay very little tax on their incomes vs. an IT manager working 80hrs week, saving every little $$ for a track day.

When people are more prosperous, things will improve.

We collectlively SHOULD STOP shipping jobs to China, either as company executives, or as consumers. I just purchased a very nice Air Pressure Gauge (Tanner Racing), and one deciding factor was that it was "Made in USA" (even if I am Canadian), as for instance Longacre tire gauges were all made in China (at the same price).
Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Do you know how HARD it is to buy anything made OUTSIDE of CHINA these days???
Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannabeproracer
thank you everyone, I appreciate your support. More than anything else I'm just venting. This all happened in Southern California and the guys were all Caucasian driving an older chevy caprice (ex cop car). I'm Asian and ironically grew up in an all Caucasian neighborhood and NEVER had experienced something this extreme in my past. The worse part was explaining to my kids why this happened, we live in a great friendly neighborhood and until now they had never experienced this... I keep telling them there are more Good People in the World than bad but we need to accept them but NEVER be them...
God dam REDNECKS! They don't hate you bro, they really hate their miserable existance.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, I would have had the cops on their *** soo quick
A nice combo of hate crime + vandalism + busted for whatever drugs the a-holes were on!

I'm a white guy and had some redneck try to run me off the road 2 days after I picked up my new range rover.
I was soo pissed I called police to let them know this guy was nutz. They got him and he was all jacked up on meth, had a ton of drugs in the car.

The cops were amazed this guy could even stand and so happy to have busted him big time for his 3 rd offense
Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 475 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
That's quite a leap of deduction. The OP said he was told to "go back to his own country". This incident wasn't primarily about "class warfare", it was motivated by stupidity from people who thought they were assailing someone who wasn't a "real American". No side has a monopoly on bad policy, but who is shouting the loudest right now about electrified border fences, illegal aliens, birth certificates, and people not born in this country? The administration? Really? Placing blame without more thought is what leads to the kind of incident the OP experienced.
Dan had a different opinion that you, as do I....it doesn't mean he thought about it any less.

Class warfare is at the bottom of this and this administration is fueling that fire! But I guess our thought process is what makes this happen...thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:38 AM
eroy2
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks that your family had to see this but as long as you reinforce the positive, not much else you can do.

Well it could have been worse. http://jalopnik.com/car-fires/
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Sadly, this administration is feeding the Wall Street mess because it's convenient for them, and it is all about class warfare. Those who are acting in this manner have no clue about what it is to work for a living and to then afford the better things in life. I apologize for them, for being so ignorant.
That is a massive deduction leap given that this appears to be racially motivated. I disagree. People have been ******** to Porsche drivers long before any "perceived" class warfare or this "administration" as you put it.

Why dont we keep politics to the crazy section.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Not too smart of this truck to shout obscenities to someone they do not know. There are a lot of lunatics out there who would not handle this as well as you did (i'm one of them).

Had an incident in Arlington, VA last week I was out walking crossing a quiet residential side street right near where I live with my gf when a car comes out out knowhere rushing up on us at about 60 mph (in a 25 mph zone) and rudely honks at us for being in his way as we were crossing. He drives up the road and is stopped at an intersection red light so I drop my groceries, run to that intersection and knock on his window - gave him an earful, he nearly crapped his pants.

I also never drive into unfamiliar territory without a .45 under the seat...it maybe a bit extreme but in today's world for me it's just habit.

Quick Reply: Haters!! Venting...