Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Quandary: AWE vs Sharkwerks Crosspipes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:22 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Exhaust Quandary: AWE vs Sharkwerks Crosspipes?

While waiting on a new set of tips from AWE to arrive I decided to take a recon/orientation look under my new to me CPO 2009 C4S so I'd have a good idea of the layout before I begain my Sharkwerks install exhaust which I got from a fellow rennlister.

So I get under the car today and what did I find? No center muffler! Looks as if the previous owner did a center muffler delete already and a set of AWE CrossOver pipes are there instead. My dealer didn't say anything about them at purchase (its a CPO'd car) and hey I did think it sounded good when I bought it. But now I am unsure as to what else was done. Car was originally from MainLine Porsche in PA and I am in Texas so what to do now? Not sure but looks side cans are stock as are tips but how to tell? Any assistance or thoughts?

Now next quadary....do I switch out for the new Sharkwerks exhaust or keep the AWE CrossOver Pipes? I've heard there are some slight differences between the two eventhough they use the same theory and mechanics. Any thoughts? Either way I guess it looks like I too will be selling a cross pipe exhaust setup in the near future...just which one? Lol

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 AM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd be too lazy to swap them out for what is, at least acoustically, basically the same thing
Old 09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

OOOPS!

As much as I like the sound of the Sharkwerks pipes, I wouldn't swap them out. As kitwetzler said ^ probably not much difference in sound. Anyway, the Sharkwerks pipes might be easier to sell than the AWE pipes.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not waste time swapping.
I would waste time finding out why the CPO didn't catch this.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 AM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I just installed my AWE bypass pipes this past Friday... I dont really see a difference between the two brands. The reason that i went with AWE was because i did a big purchase from Suncoastparts who sells AWE...

Both big names and both extremely similar products... I wouldn't even touch it...

I dont think that you will have a problem seling the SW bypass since many times people cannot find them in stock... Same goes with AWE...
Old 09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
dsanto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in the Sharkwerks if you decide to sell.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:52 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
OOOPS!

As much as I like the sound of the Sharkwerks pipes, I wouldn't swap them out. As kitwetzler said ^ probably not much difference in sound. Anyway, the Sharkwerks pipes might be easier to sell than the AWE pipes.
Copy my thoughts exactly...at this point.
Originally Posted by Skibum
I would not waste time swapping.
I would waste time finding out why the CPO didn't catch this.
Next convo is with the dealer on Monday! Also got an email into the guys at AWE to have them check the serial number on the Cross pipe to see when it was done and if anything else was added or done like an ECU flash, headers, or cans too. I think the rest is stock...clean things up today when I installed my AWE tips and looks to be OEM for the rest of the exhaust. Can any of you guys tell the difference?
Originally Posted by kouzman
I just installed my AWE bypass pipes this past Friday... I dont really see a difference between the two brands. The reason that i went with AWE was because i did a big purchase from Suncoastparts who sells AWE...

Both big names and both extremely similar products... I wouldn't even touch it...

I dont think that you will have a problem seling the SW bypass since many times people cannot find them in stock... Same goes with AWE...
+1
Originally Posted by dsanto
I'm interested in the Sharkwerks if you decide to sell.
Posted for sell with pics. PM to discuss if interested.

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Rob,

The mufflers appear to be stock Porsche cans.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Quandary: AWE vs Sharkwerks Crosspipes?