Sponsored by:

Anyone Take over a lease?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:30 PM
dagolfpro
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone Take over a lease?

Looking to get into a used 911 C2(S) Cab. Found this on leasetrader.com and wanted to find out if anyone has taken over a lease or/and used leasetrader.com or swapalease.com.

http://www.leasetrader.com/2009_Pors...t_149172.xhtml

http://www.leasetrader.com/2010_Pors...t_170304.xhtml

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:07 PM
buzzone
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hummm

Interesting. What I always wonder.. is as the buyer or leaser... what would I gain doing this. After reading a bit... it seems, not much.. unless I'm missing something... all to possible...LOL. But, if its just writing off the tax on the payments or something like that... eeehhh... Doesn't thrill me. Don't get me wrong... If there is a real advantage, or even a reasonable one.., I might take a look at this my own self!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:43 PM
pvanosta
Instructor

I have some experience with Leasetrader, all positive.
I have taken over two leases in the past 5 years (1 911 C4, 1 Mini Cooper S).
I have also gotten out of two leases using Leasetrader

For a 911, I apply the same rules to take over a lease as I would or a purchase. A PPI is mandatory, as is a visual inspection.

If the payments and the monthly mileage allowance work for you, I'd say go for it.
Find out what the final buy out price is, in case you like the car.

I used it as a way to 'try before you buy'. I found a lease with 12 months left. If the car developed issues, I'd give it back at the end. If I loved it, I would buy it at lease end. The original lessee eats the downpayment. This is the cheapest way to get into a 911, as long as the monthlies are reasonable.

PM me if you have more questions.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:54 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I used it to get rid of my Boxster S years ago. It worked well for my purpose and the guy who took it over got a great deal for the 18-24 months left (I paid him some cash up front). The only downside, at least in my case, is that Chase took frikken forever to handle the transfer.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:06 AM
acao
Racer

I've acquired a car via swapalease. I would do it again. I assumed a lease that had good terms and a few months left. A few months in, after the car proved to be a keeper and rates were extremely low, I bought out the lease.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

how do you deal with any damage assessed at trade-in? For example, if the tires were worn down that they were deemed that they needed replacement at trade in. Usually the leasee pays for that. who pays? the second leasee?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:03 PM
bah212
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

who pays? the second leasee?
yes, the person assuming the lease would incur all liabilities at turn-in. However, some leasing companies including PFS do not absolve the original leasee of liability should the second person "take a powder". Check the Swap a Lease FAQ's for individual leasing company policies.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I took over a lease using swapalease - it was pretty stright forward. I visually inspected the car for damage and found a small dent on what I thought was the bumper. I asked the other party to get the repair appraised and send me a copy. Turns out that model doesnt have a bumper panel and that area is a part of the front fender. That small bump would cost $2800 to repair. I would be responsible for that at lease end so we worked the details into the lease take over cash back that was offered.

Make sure you take a good walk around the car and have everything documented and appraised so there are no surprises.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 AM
dagolfpro
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. Glad to hear others had usednboth services. As I look to get a 09/10 C2S with PDK, I wanted to keep all my options open to all avenues.

Quick Reply: Anyone Take over a lease?