Carrera GTS PSE always on mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 02:26 PM
CarreraGTS
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera GTS PSE always on mod

Hello,

i would like to modify the PSE of a new carrea gts (fast and easy method). Can u help me to pull the right plug. I would like it to sound as good as possible with no cutouts.

Thanks for your help

Marc
Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 134 Posts

The only way is to pull the plug that controls the solenoid to the PSE. There are countless posts already within the 997 forum. If you bothered to do a search for that first you would discover that for yourself. Why don't you become a paying member?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:26 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^ because it's condescending, holier than now, know it all posts like this which deter potential new members from joining.

Marc...here are the pics you need to identify the plug. Good luck with your new GTS and post up some photos for us when you have a chance. We'd love to see them.
Attached Images   
Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Post away Dan, post away.
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

His original post was in the 911 forum. Then he duplicated the posting within the 997 forum (the best place to have gone). When you have been here awhile you start to see the same questions asked over and over again. A simple search would pop up that answer. But no one cares to do a little work first. I can't even begin to tell you how many times that question has been asked since 2006.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:18 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Hey Marc,

I hear ya, it annoys me as well. I start her up w/ that awesome PSE sound and then need to make sure I push the button to keep it singing. Post some pics!! Don't get the wrong impression of Dan (aka edgy01), he is actually one of the nicest guys on the board! You just caught a bad day. lol
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The only way is to pull the plug that controls the solenoid to the PSE. There are countless posts already within the 997 forum. If you bothered to do a search for that first you would discover that for yourself. Why don't you become a paying member?

Wow!!!???

Great way to welcome a potential new member. Bad day at the ranch or a case of forum burnout?

I have an idea....if posts like this bother you, maybe you could just skip them and move on to more important issues.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

To Experienced Forum Members and Users:

First –Thanks for taking a minute to read this!!!….

Second – Remember, there was a time when you made your first post as well..!!! So – before you post a reply, ask yourself how you would feel reading it as a “newbie”. If you would have been uncomfortable with it – chances are they will, too.

Third – If you are a “Rennlist Member” – please remember, there was a time that you weren’t either. What made you choose to become a Member? Why? Chances are – it wasn’t from a verbal beating, but rather – you wanted to become part of something pretty cool. So, if folks aren’t a Rennlist Member – that’s fine! They will if, they too, experience what it is you already participate within and would like to share that same excitement.

And Finally Please remember - this site is open to anyone – as long as they share the passion and enthusiasm about the car, the community and the site. Together - let’s make them feel “Welcome”!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Forum Guidelines: Read This *BEFORE* Your First Post

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...irst-post.html

A good guide.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

A good guide.
I'm sure you read this before yor first post.

I admit I drove my car off them the lot before .

I guess most of us are not worthy
Old 05-18-2011, 03:41 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,058 Likes on 742 Posts

I've seen newcomers flogged like this before so I logged off as a member and took on the role of a first time visitor to see what they're up against. The "Welcome to the Rennlist discussion forum" introduction includes a link to FAQ which newbies are encouraged to use. In this case, someone wanted to know how to override the PSE on/off function so I clicked on the FAQ link and tried the following entries in the search box using the broadest search criteria available:

1. PSE disconnect
2. PSE override
3. PSE switch
4. PSE cable
5. PSE

All five of these entries produced this search result: "Sorry, no matches. Please try some different terms."
Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 AM
CarreraGTS
7th Gear

Hello,

iam sorry for the trouble i started with my post. Thank you for your help.

Indeed i read al lot of articles in the forum bevor i joined, but i was not sure that they would solve my "GTS Problem". Here is the reason why.

Iam from Germany and i will get the GTS end of June. I promise to post some pictures as soon as possible. Therefore i was't able to walk down to the garage and take a look at the engine right away. In the picture of the engine from the Porsche Hompage i could not find the exact place of the plugs shown in the pictures from Kdurg/Keith and though there might be a difference to the GTS.
Name:  GTSengine.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  69.7 KB

In germany you will get thrown out of a forum for a question like mine, because its against the law and they are terrible strict with the noise issue.

Thank u again. Iam very exited to here the differece from the pulled plug.

Greets

Marc
Old 05-18-2011, 06:45 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

A good guide.
Dan,

I am guessing that you didn't read the second half of the initial post in the link you provided. Immediately above your post about Forum Guidelines, solrac6262 copied the second half that you seem to have missed.

Originally Posted by solrac6262
To Experienced Forum Members and Users:

First –Thanks for taking a minute to read this!!!….

Second – Remember, there was a time when you made your first post as well..!!! So – before you post a reply, ask yourself how you would feel reading it as a “newbie”. If you would have been uncomfortable with it – chances are they will, too.

Third – If you are a “Rennlist Member” – please remember, there was a time that you weren’t either. What made you choose to become a Member? Why? Chances are – it wasn’t from a verbal beating, but rather – you wanted to become part of something pretty cool. So, if folks aren’t a Rennlist Member – that’s fine! They will if, they too, experience what it is you already participate within and would like to share that same excitement.

And Finally Please remember - this site is open to anyone – as long as they share the passion and enthusiasm about the car, the community and the site. Together - let’s make them feel “Welcome”!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Marc

Welcome to Rennlist. Don't let the roar of the forums scare you off. It's a great place. Edgy is a very helpful guy. Ever wonder how he got the name Edgy??
Looks like you have an awesome car on the way. I'll bet you are losing sleep over it already.
I believe you will find the plug here:
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
annliat
7th Gear

Hi, yes that is the right spot. Here is a pic of that area. You can see a bit of brown tape where I have disconnected the plug. Please remember to depress the metal wire clip in order to pull it.

Name:  IMG_0324.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  135.2 KB

There is another similar looking plug closer to the outer right corner, you should leave that one alone. Not exactly sure what it does but just pulling the first one works.

Name:  IMG_0326.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  94.8 KB

Quick Reply: Carrera GTS PSE always on mod