Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS at my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this bad boy at Sebring last weekend. I believe Alex Job owns it. It has been my desktop for the last couple of days!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mthaynes
LOL I cant believe this thread is 3 pages long.

I am the owner of the GT2RS Hi.

The roll bar is a GMG RSR bar. I was hit from behind in september 2010 while at a stop in my 07 997tt. the 95 suburban hit me going 40mph. I was extremely fortunate. I wanted the new car to have a bit more protection. Maybe its me being paranoid, but paranoia has served me well in my military business, so I am rolling with it.

GMG recommended the yellow color based on the cars colors. They were right and I am glad I took their advice. Before you accuse GMG of up selling the bar buy doing it in yellow. They did not charge for the yellow. If you dont like it sorry. I dont like modern art - to each his own.

I do not have any track experience so I am not sure this is the right car to play with. I had dinner with Andreas P from Porsche a few weeks ago. He reminded me that I have a limited run production car. If I break it I can not replace it. The kind of put it in perspective. If I decide to play on a track, it will be in something cheaper, that I can afford to replace if I break

Bottom line folks I bought the car for me and not you. Sorry if that offends
Live your dream, who cares what anyone else thinks. Congrats!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Caughtacab911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mthaynes
LOL I cant believe this thread is 3 pages long.

I am the owner of the GT2RS Hi.

The roll bar is a GMG RSR bar. I was hit from behind in september 2010 while at a stop in my 07 997tt. the 95 suburban hit me going 40mph. I was extremely fortunate. I wanted the new car to have a bit more protection. Maybe its me being paranoid, but paranoia has served me well in my military business, so I am rolling with it.

GMG recommended the yellow color based on the cars colors. They were right and I am glad I took their advice. Before you accuse GMG of up selling the bar buy doing it in yellow. They did not charge for the yellow. If you dont like it sorry. I dont like modern art - to each his own.

I do not have any track experience so I am not sure this is the right car to play with. I had dinner with Andreas P from Porsche a few weeks ago. He reminded me that I have a limited run production car. If I break it I can not replace it. The kind of put it in perspective. If I decide to play on a track, it will be in something cheaper, that I can afford to replace if I break

Bottom line folks I bought the car for me and not you. Sorry if that offends
As the original poster and one who was lucky to be shown your vehicle by a proud dealer I've known for years, I'm as surprised as you are that this thread is so long (further extended by me ). You have a gorgeous car that I'd only seen on the covers of magazines and I was rightly impressed. Up close it's even nicer. I agree with the sentiment that you buy the car and you do whatever you want to it. No criticism was intended. Drive it in good health, and maybe I'll see you on 93N!

Gene
Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The dealer (Porsche of Nashua) hosted a reception last night and I got to see the GT2 RS up close and personal. I believe the owner of the car was also present last night. In addition there was a Speedster, a GT3 RS, a Spyder, and a new 911 Turbo on the showroom floor. Not bad for a "small" New England dealer.

To the owner of the GT2 RS: I'm sure you've earned the privilege of owning this icon, so enjoy it in whatever way you wish. At the end of the day, the only opinion that matters is yours!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:49 AM
ericthepilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink keep looking

Originally Posted by jsmirand
..... Of course, in first class, they are looking out the window at the un marked Gulfstream jet with contempt.
I am looking out the window of the Gulfstream on a very regular basis, but I would look out the window of the GT anything Anytime !!!

But I can dream ....
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This is sitting on the showroom floor of my dealer...
Attached Images    
Old 03-25-2011, 08:14 PM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Love the car!

I'm just glad there are guys out there buying these so the rest of us have a chance in hell of picking up a used one in a few years.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake951
The dealer (Porsche of Nashua) hosted a reception last night and I got to see the GT2 RS up close and personal. I believe the owner of the car was also present last night. In addition there was a Speedster, a GT3 RS, a Spyder, and a new 911 Turbo on the showroom floor. Not bad for a "small" New England dealer.
Why is it still at the dealer? Very gracious of the owner to let them continue to show it off. If it were me, I'd want that black beauty home to be mine all mine. Love the yellow roll cage too!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 AM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Awesome car!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:02 PM
niner niner seven
Racer

Looks awesome thx for posting
Old 03-26-2011, 11:13 PM
mthaynes
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Why is it still at the dealer? Very gracious of the owner to let them continue to show it off. If it were me, I'd want that black beauty home to be mine all mine. Love the yellow roll cage too!
In a word SNOW

The speedster, turbo, and mine are all paid for just sitting waiting for snow to melt. Think the cts will be in the same boat soon.

On the up side my f150 is loving the garage time.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by cfjan
Since the car has no back seats anyway, there's nothing wrong w/ adding the 1/2 cage even if one does not track.. that's just extra safety there.. !! (I guess what I meant to say is, it is not like he has the compromise something (the rear seats, in this case) even though he does not have to, just for the look..)
while I agree that it doesn't matter if he tracks or not, a roll cage on the street, without a helmet, can be extremely dangerous.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

It is a rear cage only.. not a full cage.. I wouldn't feel unease about driving a car w/o helmet with the rear cage..

If it is a full cage, then yes.. that can be questionable...

Quick Reply: GT2 RS at my dealer