Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber center console and radio cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:06 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 466 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber center console and radio cutouts

Hi. Been looking but cannot find a carbon fiber center console or interior parts to replace my current sand beige setup. Am thinking with the sand beige and black center console as it is now a tasteful upgrade of the center console, PDK shifter, and maybe stereo/radio template surround to either carbon fiber or black would be nicely done since the car already has black/sand beige contrast with the gauges and radio surround already. I ask also cause the sand beige of the e-handle and some of the center panel seem to show dirt/wear alot more than I'd like as did the mats which I upgraded to a nice black berber set as well front and rear. Thoughts?

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
CBnAT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone knows, ask Eric at bumperplugs.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

You have discovered the biggest detractor of sand beige--it's just a bit too light, and shows every bit of dirt. I concur, that Eric at Bumper Plugs is the man for you. He should be able to either do it for you, or direct you to someone who can.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:55 PM
mavthenav
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you should mention that, 3 weeks ago my wife went on vacation with the kids, still gone so I got to thinking, center console, carbon fiber. First thing i did was get a console from a fellow renlister for pennies so I could practice and see if it can be done easily. $100 in supplies, carbon fiber, resin, gloves, mixing bowls etc, respirator and we're off and running.

I finished the rear console test and it worked like a charm, a little dremmel action to clean up the edges and it's good to install. However the test console I used was a 99 and the locking mechanism for the compartment was different to my 2003 console, so this week it's pull out the current console and carbon fiber the puppy..

You can always paint what you have, pull it out, sand it , primer, paint, clearcoat and you're done, $100 in supplies max.

If you don't like to paint, go to bumperplugs and order one up
Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1282692633

I thought you might want to see these since your car is green. I got the rear console from Bumperplugs and installed myself.
Attached Images   
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
You have discovered the biggest detractor of sand beige--it's just a bit too light, and shows every bit of dirt. I concur, that Eric at Bumper Plugs is the man for you. He should be able to either do it for you, or direct you to someone who can.
Yes it does get dirty very quickly. Even have noticed if I wear dark colored jeans too often it can fade into the leather of the driver's seat. Have a good leather cleaner (Maguier's) on hand always. If I could I'd redo the entire interior in either a darker brown/saddle or black leather but that would be likely excessively expensive.
Originally Posted by greenpdk
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1282692633

I thought you might want to see these since your car is green. I got the rear console from Bumperplugs and installed myself.
Yes that is somewhat in the ballpark but I'd do the center console in Carbon fiber along with the PDK shifter and radio counsole if possible. If painted I'd go with black I think as the body color looks too shiny almost and there's nothing else Racing green inside the vehicle but plenty of black contrasts. What do you think of your interior and keeping it clean. It does look pretty good. Stands out. Thanks Rob
Old 08-25-2010, 02:45 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Yes it does get dirty very quickly. Even have noticed if I wear dark colored jeans too often it can fade into the leather of the driver's seat. Have a good leather cleaner (Maguier's) on hand always. If I could I'd redo the entire interior in either a darker brown/saddle or black leather but that would be likely excessively expensive.

Yes that is somewhat in the ballpark but I'd do the center console in Carbon fiber along with the PDK shifter and radio counsole if possible. If painted I'd go with black I think as the body color looks too shiny almost and there's nothing else Racing green inside the vehicle but plenty of black contrasts. What do you think of your interior and keeping it clean. It does look pretty good. Stands out. Thanks Rob
I've had my car for about a year (7k) miles. I really like the sand beige, especially with the racing green. I've never cleaned the leather and I took those photos about a month ago. My wife has a Boxster with the same color interior and cleaning the leather has been very easy.

By the way the green console looks very impressive in person. I get positive comments all the time. I decided to go with the green because it goes so well with the interior color and I didn't want to introduce a third color or pattern (carbon fiber). I suppose black would work but if it is shinny black then it wouldn't match anything.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts
mdrob...email me: eric@bumperplugs.com

We can get you the carbon console and pdk surround, and other bits if needed.

Just let me know.

Thanks.

Here's some shots for a customer we recently completed Sand Beige/Dark Blue Metallic interior sections:

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 08-26-2010, 10:08 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
mdrob...email me: eric@bumperplugs.com

We can get you the carbon console and pdk surround, and other bits if needed.

Just let me know.

Thanks.

Here's some shots for a customer we recently completed Sand Beige/Dark Blue Metallic interior sections:

I'd think I'd like to either match the center console with a flat black to match the OEM flat black of the radio stack. But it does look kinda bland.

If I could do Racing Green center console and PDK surround and maybe a carbon fiber PDK shifter, e brake, and storage lid that might work or a PDK surround/e-brake/storage lid all in carbon fiber that may work as well as an option. Wish there was some way to visualize this. Are these parts listed on your website?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Many of these are custom items, so they are quoted on a package price. Happy to do that for you.

Email me: eric@bumperplugs.com
Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213

We should trade - I have a triple black 2009 C2S cab and it's too much black for me - I would love to have the sand biege interior - even if it meant more work to keep clean....I bought the car just 3 mos ago and it only has 3K miles on it - no kids or pets so the interior is in perfect shape. Looks like you have the standard leather interior...same as mine....shoot me a PM if you might be interested and we can discuss in more detail!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

To be honest, I DO NOT think Carbon Fibre look good at all with Sand Beige interior. It will look nicer in darker interiors, but there way too much of a contrast in Sand Beige and I certainly don't think it adds much of anything here.

Just my .02

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber center console and radio cutouts