Sponsored by:

For Sale: 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera (PDK), **PENDING SALE**

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:05 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
What you call 'my absolutes' is simply my opinion. I have mine, you have yours. I make no apology for expressing my opinion. This is an open forum - take it for what it is - I charge nothing for it.

Re the issue you refer to... I challenge you to poll PDK owners about this and find out if my opinion is with the majority or not.

Re the OP's car, I do think it is a great value, notwithstanding the issue you referred to. I actually suggested it to someone who posted here recently looking for a car.
You end a statement with...."There are no ifs or buts about it. Sorry!"

And thats not an absolute...just an opinion?

Riley answered your first statement about the SC and PDK but you needed to come back again and give your absolute. Its your MO.

I simply pointed it out. It was a way to let people know to take some of this stuff with a grain of salt.

Last edited by buckwheat987; 08-31-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 PM
beachview
Instructor

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
Some of the best buys are the cars that come from the PSDS school
Exactly my point, you get what you pay for.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by beachview
Exactly my point, you get what you pay for.
So if a porsche is tracked its a throw-away?

The OEM parts couldn't handle it?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:47 PM
beachview
Instructor

So if a porsche is tracked its a throw-away?

The OEM parts couldn't handle it?
Of course not, (IMO) it's just worth less.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by beachview
Of course not, (IMO) it's just worth less.
Ok..could be in many cases that is true.

But in many cases getting the garage queen is not all that is cracked up to be either.

Different strokes.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Johnny Ace
4th Gear

Originally Posted by rijowysock
need to find an 08 M3 DCT in Alpine white
its getting boring and too familiar
It's ironic that I'm on Rennlist because I'm bored of my 08 Alpine White M3 (6-spd) and am considering a 911 (preferably 2S).

Good luck. Very nice car!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

You end a statement with...."There are no ifs or buts about it. Sorry!"

And thats not an absolute...just an opinion?

Riley answered your first statement about the SC and PDK but you needed to come back again and give your absolute. Its your MO.

I simple pointed it out. It was a way to let people know to take some of this stuff with a grain of salt.
MO? take my opinion with a grain of salt? Who are you? the forum police? I suggest that you and others who are taking this 'holier than thou' attitude argue the post, if you can, but stop the personal attacking that is becoming norm by some relatively new members.

I stand by what I said. Strong opinion? Heck, yes. Based on the reality of driving many PDK cars and owning one. Go back a couple of years, do a search and you will find the same statement made by many in this forum.

BTW... the OP says the issue has not come up in comments by prospective buyers. Of course not. I bet (another strong opinion) that the majority of knowledgeable prospective buyers do not bother to reply to the ad, because of that omission.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 AM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ADias
MO? take my opinion with a grain of salt? Who are you? the forum police? I suggest that you and others who are taking this 'holier than thou' attitude argue the post, if you can, but stop the personal attacking that is becoming norm by some relatively new members.

I stand by what I said. Strong opinion? Heck, yes. Based on the reality of driving many PDK cars and owning one. Go back a couple of years, do a search and you will find the same statement made by many in this forum.

BTW... the OP says the issue has not come up in comments by prospective buyers. Of course not. I bet (another strong opinion) that the majority of knowledgeable prospective buyers do not bother to reply to the ad, because of that omission.
You preach open forum and how you immediately bring up forum police. This from the guy who tries to chase LiBr away from this forum because he owns a turbo and states his case.

I've been around enough forums to know what type of person you are. Your the type that people are referring too when they write about not wanting to be part of PCA. Your the know it all, shove it back in your face type. (See your knowledgeable buyers line...for more proof).

LIke I said, you had to go back at Riley even after he gave you his reason for not getting PDK. No one was arguing, he gave his reason. You just had to go back at him.

To Riley's credit he ignored you. As I and most of us should.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:37 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

You preach open forum and how you immediately bring up forum police. This from the guy who tries to chase LiBr away from this forum because he owns a turbo and states his case.

I've been around enough forums to know what type of person you are. Your the type that people are referring too when they write about not wanting to be part of PCA. Your the know it all, shove it back in your face type. (See your knowledgeable buyers line...for more proof).

LIke I said, you had to go back at Riley even after he gave you his reason for not getting PDK. No one was arguing, he gave his reason. You just had to go back at him.

To Riley's credit he ignored you. As I and most of us should.
Everyone knows who the forum police is. You confuse issues and twist them as you please! Argue the issues and stop character assassination. Give me a break.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:22 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

we should save the above for another thread, i personally feel "opinions" should stay out of FOR SALE threads but then again everyone has different feelings on that and i am not the forum police... i would however prefer any arguments go outside the thread (ideal to stay in PM) as eventho im getting "bumped" its not the proper place for such conversation/argument.

thank you gentlemen,
Old 09-04-2010, 06:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

bump
Old 09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

we should save the above for another thread, i personally feel "opinions" should stay out of FOR SALE threads but then again everyone has different feelings on that and i am not the forum police... i would however prefer any arguments go outside the thread (ideal to stay in PM) as eventho im getting "bumped" its not the proper place for such conversation/argument.

thank you gentlemen,
absolutly agree 100% wth Riley. This is not the tread to post your opinions of Riley's car he has for sale. Have some respect.... people!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:18 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom Line Riley has a nice car, he's legit, the car is worth having. Some just buy it !
Old 09-06-2010, 09:02 AM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

That car has been one of my favorites on this forum, in spite of the non-S designation. Nothing not to like about this car. If things flip for me, I'd take it, wheels and all. (I know the price will be more)

Its looks are pure 'Understated elegance', with brawn to boot. Flippin' FANTASTIC car.

14,XXX is just nicely broken-in.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice car - seems priced closed to "trade-in" value. It should really be a good deal for the right buyer, especially now that the Sport/Sport+ options are available for it.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera (PDK), **PENDING SALE**