Sponsored by:

For Sale: 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera (PDK), **PENDING SALE**

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:34 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ADias
No PDK car should be sold without SC. There are no ifs or buts about it. Sorry!

How do you really feel about it?????????
Old 08-28-2010, 01:07 AM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jakes dad
How do you really feel about it?????????
Yeah...he certainly not shy to give his absolutes in Porsche ownership.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Zipgun
Instructor

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
No biggie...It's his absolutes (and his alone) not ours.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:02 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

this hasn't sold yet? man...hard to believe
Old 08-31-2010, 05:28 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
this hasn't sold yet? man...hard to believe
got a few interested buyers, noone with cash in my hand yet.. someone said they would fly in this week to check it out and wire funds if it was the one.. so we'll see..

i should be getting my new toy next monday if all goes as planned and i still decide i want a daily "supercar" for the street.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

If this car was in my price range I would have nabbed it...GLWS!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 60 Posts

also wondering why this car has not sold yet. with the way it looks, the way is seems to have been cared for.. what are the buyers really looking for? rijowy what are the common things interested buyers seem to be asking for when the inquire. that will help all of us understand the current market for our cars. are they really asking for PDK with SC or are there more people asking for manual? i feel you have the best color for this porsche body so that should attract a lot of interest already.. do people want less modifications? what is with the market now?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
also wondering why this car has not sold yet. with the way it looks, the way is seems to have been cared for.. what are the buyers really looking for? rijowy what are the common things interested buyers seem to be asking for when the inquire. that will help all of us understand the current market for our cars. are they really asking for PDK with SC or are there more people asking for manual? i feel you have the best color for this porsche body so that should attract a lot of interest already.. do people want less modifications? what is with the market now?
It's a great price and I think it should sell, but I'm not that surprised that it hasn't sold yet.

Many new 997 shoppers are not members here, so just finding out about the car might take time. There are some who might not think an '09 would be this cheap, so they maybe looking at the 997.1 market and ignoring 997.2s.

Other little things that could be factors:
- The miles are a little high for a 1 year old car
- PDK with no SC option as some have pointed out
- Custom "911" badge might be a turn off. It shouldn't be a big deal. But some may see this and wonder what else isn't stock, some want their Porsches to be 100% OEM.
- Aside from PDK, the car seems to be a low optioned base 911. Some maybe looking for other features (full leather etc.)

I'm not trying to be negative, just thinking about objective reasons why it may take a little more time to sell. But no doubt it should sell at that price.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:47 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by slicky rick
not one person has expressed the desire for "Sports Chrono" on the car, i get questions of why it is so cheap, to which i reply i priced it where i feel it is worth and not super high expecting lowball offers.... one person liked it but wanted manual... another person wanted it for 60 and i stated that for any less you would be forced to get a 997.1, no touch screen PCM, no LED's and so forth..

i feel the color is the best as well, as in new cars everytime i find a white which i want the price is considerably more...

the modifications are for sale separately but i feel maybe people think thats the only way it comes... as soon as i wrap up the sales for the modifications i will put it back to stock and sell the mods and do another photo shoot stock and upload the new photos... i think that would be ideal..

i had all the mods sold but now the one offer, for the bulk of the parts has been put on hold..

-riley
Old 08-31-2010, 05:52 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
It's a great price and I think it should sell, but I'm not that surprised that it hasn't sold yet.

Many new 997 shoppers are not members here, so just finding out about the car might take time. There are some who might not think an '09 would be this cheap, so they maybe looking at the 997.1 market and ignoring 997.2s.

Other little things that could be factors:
- The miles are a little high for a 1 year old car
- PDK with no SC option as some have pointed out
- Custom "911" badge might be a turn off. It shouldn't be a big deal. But some may see this and wonder what else isn't stock, some want their Porsches to be 100% OEM.
- Aside from PDK, the car seems to be a low optioned base 911. Some maybe looking for other features (full leather etc.)

I'm not trying to be negative, just thinking about objective reasons why it may take a little more time to sell. But no doubt it should sell at that price.
the "911" badge is actually an option from Porsche, so i dont think this has any affect...

the miles are "high" to those who do not drive their porsches... i never understood why people would buy a car and drive it 2k miles a year... i drive mine everywhere and when buying a porsche i would rather have one driven daily than one that sat as the one driven, if any problems came up they were taken care of and so forth.. the one that sits could have problems that dont get fixed within a reasonable amount of time.

its a base carrera, 90k sticker... if the car had full leather and other options it would be selling for a lot more money and not priced so affordably..

at the end of the day, someone has the opportunity to get into a 997.2 thats been cared for and has no problems anywhere for 65k i find that a steal of a deal... someone will buy it, just takes the right person..
Old 08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

updated with:

Autotrader Listing: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

CARFAX REPORT: http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?r...3FC9085E106854
Old 08-31-2010, 06:02 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
What you call 'my absolutes' is simply my opinion. I have mine, you have yours. I make no apology for expressing my opinion. This is an open forum - take it for what it is - I charge nothing for it.

Re the issue you refer to... I challenge you to poll PDK owners about this and find out if my opinion is with the majority or not.

Re the OP's car, I do think it is a great value, notwithstanding the issue you referred to. I actually suggested it to someone who posted here recently looking for a car.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
the "911" badge is actually an option from Porsche, so i dont think this has any affect...
You're right, my bad. I see it so rarely that it looks non-stock.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:10 PM
beachview
Instructor

In regards to why you may not be getting as many hits as you would like, I would have to say it has something to do with the mods. Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a car that has been modded with aftermarket parts.

I would only assume the car was tracked and driven harder than OEM parts would allow. In addition, warranty issues come into play and that's something I wouldn't want to inherit as the new owner. I'm not saying this is the case here, but it's usually a safe assumption.

Nevertheless, the car is a beauty and it just needs the right buyer.

GLWS
Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by beachview
I would only assume the car was tracked and driven harder than OEM parts would allow.

GLWS
Some of the best buys are the cars that come from the PSDS school. They are driven very hard with all OEM parts and they hold up.

These cars are made to be driven. Someone may not want to pay for the mods a person choses to add to a car, but driving the car hard is what they are all about.

Except for potentailly over revving the engine, which can be checked, the car should hold up to just about anything.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera (PDK), **PENDING SALE**