Sponsored by:

For Sale: 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera (PDK), **PENDING SALE**

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 01:01 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Zipgun
No biggie...It's his absolutes (and his alone) not ours.
Don't be silly. You may not agree, but they aren't his opinions alone. I certainly wouldn't buy a PDK car without SC, for a couple of serious reasons. The first is I wouldn't consider PDK unless I planned to track the car and wanted the extra few tenths per lap that PDK provides. And if I'm going to track it, I will want the SC. The second reason is that not having it reduces the number of potential buyers for any PDK car -- when the day comes -- by a fair fraction. What fraction? Darned if I know. I suppose that's what we're debating. I think quite a few, but those who don't like SC will say not many, assuming their opinion is widespread.

Certainly, it decreases the potential buyers by some amount. At least two anyway: ADias and Simsgw.

Otherwise, it's a very nice car and I'm sure you'll get your price.

Gary
Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow, immaculate unit. Please hold off on trading it. It's insane..can't believe that she would not have takers in the private market especially at that price.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:37 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
Don't be silly. You may not agree, but they aren't his opinions alone. I certainly wouldn't buy a PDK car without SC, for a couple of serious reasons. The first is I wouldn't consider PDK unless I planned to track the car and wanted the extra few tenths per lap that PDK provides. And if I'm going to track it, I will want the SC. The second reason is that not having it reduces the number of potential buyers for any PDK car -- when the day comes -- by a fair fraction. What fraction? Darned if I know. I suppose that's what we're debating. I think quite a few, but those who don't like SC will say not many, assuming their opinion is widespread.

Certainly, it decreases the potential buyers by some amount. At least two anyway: ADias and Simsgw.

Otherwise, it's a very nice car and I'm sure you'll get your price.

Gary

SC is now add'able... 1200.. so for the people who say THIS CAR MUST HAVE SC OTHERWISE ITS A PIECE OF CRAP, you can reach in your wallet and pull out $1200. ;-)
Old 10-23-2010, 03:43 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a beautiful specimen. No clear bra, clear side markers or stupid steering wheel paddles to detract from its aesthetics and functionality.

If I didn't already have one I would jump at this opportunity. Great buy for someone out there.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:23 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
SC is now add'able... 1200.. so for the people who say THIS CAR MUST HAVE SC OTHERWISE ITS A PIECE OF CRAP, you can reach in your wallet and pull out $1200. ;-)
I'm sorry. Did someone call your car a piece of crap? Personally, I said what a very nice car it was in the same post.

Gary
Old 10-23-2010, 03:27 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by simsgw
I'm sorry. Did someone call your car a piece of crap? Personally, I said what a very nice car it was in the same post.

Gary
i was merely making fun of the people who are so demanding about sport chrono... i've had sport chrono on previous cars and it doesn't make the car any faster... just feels faster because of the adjusted throttle position... and launch control, which of course we all use on daily basis.

you have your criticism (must has SC) i have mine (SC is unnecessary)...

Last edited by rijowysock; 10-23-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Marco8
Racer

i have mine (SC is unnecessary)...
Have you ever driven a 997.2 PDK on the track in sport plus mode? Night and day difference between 997.1 tip w/ SC.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:53 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marco8
Have you ever driven a 997.2 PDK on the track in sport plus mode? Night and day difference between 997.1 tip w/ SC.
I think your comparison is moreso between Tip and PDK (note both cars had SC, difference being transmission...) But,

I dont track my cars, therefore maybe thats why i feel its unnecessary... for those track enthusiasts, again, they can add SC for less than a set of tires on track day!

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...Code=997236per

^^^Click^^^
Old 10-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Marco8
Racer

All I'm saying is SC with a 997.2 PDK provides an optional aggressive shift profile (SP) that makes a difference.

For the record my opinion:
SC for 997.1, 997.2, 6 speed manual- nothing special
SC for 997.1 tip, a little difference
SC for Turbo, tip and pdk-significant difference (overboost, and more aggressive shift profile)
SC for 997.2 PDK- significant difference (aggressive shift profiles)
Launch Control somewhat of a novelty
Old 10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

$62,990 for Rennlist Members... and i will pay the porsche dealer to broker the sale for the peace of mind of the seller to know where there money is going and that the sale is backed up.

Last edited by rijowysock; 10-28-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 166 Posts

Why isn't this car selling? (serious question)
Old 10-29-2010, 01:52 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Leader
Why isn't this car selling? (serious question)
A: Dealers are greedy and wanting to make 20% profit on me trading it in

B: Buyers that want the car either cannot get financing lined up or don't have the cash available.

C: People that can afford the car figure for 10k more they can be choosy on what they want in a Carrera?

... if i was on the other side of the sale, i would be signing a check over right now... i mean the car has a perfect history from a reputable seller... non smoker car thats been meticulously cared for and with favorable color and options... just gotta wait for the right buyer to come along... usually a "cheaper" porsche would have flaws... dings/dents/bad history... but this car has none of the sort.

i have justified the newly lowered price on the fact that if i pay a dealer ~1000 to broker the sale that i will then save tax on my next purchase and in the end... kinda works out in the wash.. the person that takes advantage of this sale will be really happy.

honestly wont be lowering the price any more than 62,990 as i have no "monthly" costs associated with this car, if i had payments i had to make it would be one thing to blow it out but i don't... people might complain about the lack of Sports Chrono, but this can now be added for $1200 (and if they find its enough of an issue then they should be very willing to add $1200 to add it)... if the new owner wants to add CPO, they can do this as well since the dealer will broker the sale (i think its like $2500) i think that would be a silly add-on considering the car has 35k and 3 years warranty remaining...

either way, hopefully gone soon.. i just wanna order my new cayenne up and call it a day... i really wish dealers were a little less greedy..but it is what it is.... for the dealers to expect 20% profit is just out of this world and i hope they all end up closing their doors due to the economy given their greed.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:07 AM
murox
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

honestly wont be lowering the price any more than 62,990 as i have no "monthly" costs associated with this car . . .
Your monthly "costs" are in the form of depreciation. For every month you hold the car, you're losing money.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:05 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

It's a beautiful car, but a lot of '09s got pumped into the market, and this one is really "base": no nav, no bluetooth, no ipod. It is an odd configuration for a PDK car, which in a way is a "comfort" 911 missing many of the creature comforts. If it were a stick, the spartan config might make more sense to some?

I just bet the competition from more highly spec'd cars is hurting it. Although the price is starting to look like an unbelievable deal for someone who can live without the gadgets...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
... the price is starting to look like an unbelievable deal for someone who can live without the gadgets...
Thus, my question three posts up.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera (PDK), **PENDING SALE**