Sponsored by:

Tires, old subject looking for recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:48 PM
equiraptor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Don't autocross too often with spokes ore Sasca as I have church on Sunday however I do spend a fair amount of time on H2R with both the "SC and the Cayman
You should make one of Bo's gymkhanas. They're an absolute blast, and a great way to do something "different" with your car. I imagine the SC would be pretty interesting at one. Since we're coming from Houston, Nugget and I tend to only make it out there on weekends, but I'm the only "Monica" in the member directory, if you're ever looking for us. Looking forward to seeing you on track!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:54 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
OK, sure. But you've gone further and said that the RE050 is a "MUCH Better tire overall" than the RE-11. That's just false. The RE050 may be cheaper but it's certainly not better. You shouldn't be surprised when people challenge an assertion like that because it flies in the face of reality and our own experiences with the tires.
I haven't had RE-11 on my 997, but have had it on my GTI (only for a short time though). On GTI it worked very well and had enough grip but not that great in wet (for Vancouver), and in our DE sessions folks have had RE-11 and THE CONTINOUS FEEDBACK was over-heating.

RE050 N1, is a better overall tire in my opinion. Yours obviously is different, and you're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. Have you ever had RE050 N1?

Last edited by alexb76; 08-13-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
LeNoah
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Time for you to check out the NEW PZero N2's. NOT Rossos. THey are getting good reviews. Just put a set on my 997S. Too early to give any feedback cause they are only a few days old and I haven't had the chance to wring 'em out yet. So far I like 'em. They feel a tad harsher than the PS2's, maybe a stiffer sidewall. They seem quiet but that may be 'cause my old PS2's were down to the bone. Best of all they were $300+ cheaper than new PS2's.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

first: for Equiraptor, both my Cayman and my SC are white with Brumos red and blue stripes. I will try one of Bo's events. I came out some time ago for a private event because they wanted to see my Cayman and Bo dumped me in his Audi and put me thru his casual skidpad. Bo, Eric and the whole gang are fun to be around.

Back to tires, will look at the P0 not Rosse as well as the REo50. I have been running 235 on the front and 305 on the rear as the wheels and tires were transfered from my GT3 when it was bought back. Will probably stay with 305 vice 295s on the rear. Car handles well with them tires are mounted on BBS RSGT forged wheels.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts

Seriously, you should check out the Vreds. Just because you haven't heard of them yet, don't discount them.

*Edit*

Here's a link to the Auto Zeitung 2009 test. Stacks up well on objective data (tie for 3rd) but has fallen in the subjective race. I believe last year subjectively it came in 2nd.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm

Last edited by Sean in Texas; 08-14-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:59 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Late to the thread, but here's my $0.02 anyway.

First you have to decide if N-ratings matter to you. If they do, then choose accordingly from those options.

If the N-rating is something you're willing to forego, then you will have many more options and price points.

I have used a set of Pirelli P Zero Rosso (OEM), Michelin PS2, and am now on a set of Hankook Ventus. So far the Hankook (with just about 5k miles on them) are better in the wet, seem to run well in colder temps, and handle just fine for the street compared with the other two. I don't push my car hard on the street (that's for the track, where I've used other tires). On the basis of my experience so far, I would buy the Hankooks again. If they were not available or the price had jumped, I would buy Michelin (or shop for another non-N tire like the Vreds). I won't buy the Pirelli as they were noisy and poor in the wet.

My car is a 2007 C2S with 62k miles on it. Year-round daily driver. YMMV.

Quick Reply: Tires, old subject looking for recommendations