Sponsored by:

Submit You feedback for Dension GW500 Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Submit You feedback for Dension GW500 Enhancements

Starting this thread for programmers and management at Dension so they can poll everyone's feed back on product enhancements (preferably to be delivered via firmware updates).

Here's my wish list:

1) Ability to see next song to play after current via PCM display.
2) Ability to set current song playing "rating" (when in iPOD GW mode)
- Possibly hit "0" button while song playing to set "rating level"
3) If BT1500 not installed, use "CD buttons" 7-9 for other functions:
* Search by Genres
4) Reassign "0" button as "Enter/Select" key as opposed to holding ">>"

I'm send then the link to this post so they may monitor, fire away with your input!

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

We send update requests to Dension Engineering about once/month. Feel free to email me anything and we'll compile as well.

eric@bumperplugs.com

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
sizquik
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some sort of auto calibration that sets the perfect MIC / speaker volume when using the phone. I'm sure I'm dreaming but I bet it's possible.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts

Dension really does need to get the enter/select command fixed. On some functions, pushing the rotary **** effects an enter/select, other times it doesn't and you have to use the >> button. That's just plain poor programming considering the Gateway 500 has been out how long, 4+ years? I was one of the early adopters and it's been like this from day one. Enter/select should be consistent and preferably pushing the rotary **** since that is the select command for the PCM's other functions.

Also, perhaps I missed it, but somewhere along the line with the firmware updates, mine has lost the ability to charge my iPod (doesn't matter which version, as it doesn't charge my gen 1 Nano, my iPod Classic, or my gen 2 iPod), and no matter what combination I try in the menu, I cannot seem to find charging options. And yes, I'm running the latest firmware (seems like it was released in the past couple of weeks). Not having the iPod being charged is a major pain.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Clifton
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

How about a compatible system for 2010/CDR30?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sizquik
Some sort of auto calibration that sets the perfect MIC / speaker volume when using the phone. I'm sure I'm dreaming but I bet it's possible.
This has been out for months. How long have you had your BTA unit?

Originally Posted by Clifton
How about a compatible system for 2010/CDR30?
This is not a Dension issue, it's a Porsche issue. They brought the components all into the center stack, rather than separate, making integration nearly impossible. But things may change in the near future.

Originally Posted by Paul S.
but somewhere along the line with the firmware updates, mine has lost the ability to charge my iPod (doesn't matter which version, as it doesn't charge my gen 1 Nano, my iPod Classic, or my gen 2 iPod), and no matter what combination I try in the menu, I cannot seem to find charging options. And yes, I'm running the latest firmware (seems like it was released in the past couple of weeks). Not having the iPod being charged is a major pain.

Sounds like you may have a first gen cable....Apple changed the pinouts on the ipod years ago. All the kits we've sold for the past 2+ years have the updated cable, and we have the cable by itself available too. Make sure the iPod is in 'sleep' mode, do a reset on the iPod, and try again. If it won't charge, or does not turn off when the car goes off (about 7 minutes after ignition off), it may just be a simple cable replacement.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:16 PM
sizquik
Advanced

[QUOTE=Eric - Plug Guy;7722049]This has been out for months. How long have you had your BTA unit?

I bought it back in Feb and my installer apparently just updated the firmware to the latest. Is there any documentation on the auto-calibrate feature? I've always adjusted the mic and caller volume by hitting *** etc.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:42 AM
schwartzwest
Instructor

I would really like to see the ability to search albums by artist. Select Rolling Stones, and then browse only the albums by the Stones. It seems I could do this in the old ice-link if I remember correctly. (Of course now someone will show me how I can do this...)
Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

[QUOTE=sizquik;7722365]
Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
This has been out for months. How long have you had your BTA unit?

I bought it back in Feb and my installer apparently just updated the firmware to the latest. Is there any documentation on the auto-calibrate feature? I've always adjusted the mic and caller volume by hitting *** etc.

Email me directly so I can forward what you may need to do this properly:

eric@bumperplugs.com

This goes for anyone who bought from us and has questions - always email us for more info.

Originally Posted by schwartzwest
I would really like to see the ability to search albums by artist. Select Rolling Stones, and then browse only the albums by the Stones. It seems I could do this in the old ice-link if I remember correctly. (Of course now someone will show me how I can do this...)

Not sure if this is what you are trying to do.....

Choosing Disc #2 will play songs from the current playing “Artist” folder.
1. Look at current playing song on the iPod screen. (Note: Choosing “Artist” will gather all
songs from the iPod containing the Artist name of the current playing song.)
2. Choose Disc #2
3. Use “SEEK +” or “SEEK –“ to scroll in the Artist folder of the iPod
4. Press and hold the “FF” (Fast Forward) button to start the audio playback.
5. At this time the head unit will display (CD 5 Track 1). At the same time the iPod will display
the quantities of song available in that artist folder. (i.e.:1/8) This mean the iPod is playing
the song #1 out of 8 songs total from the current artist folder.
6. During Playback, use the SEEK buttons to navigate in the songs.
􀂾 Track #1 = Plays track#1 of the select Artist folder (1/8)
􀂾 Track #2 = Plays track#2 of the select Artist folder (2/8)
􀂾 Track #3 = Plays track#3 of the select Artist folder (3/8)
􀂾 Etc…
7. For Example: You are listening to the Beatles song “Yesterday” which is on the album
“Help”. Selecting Disc #2 (Artist) will pull up all Songs from the Beatles. Pressing “SEEK +”
will toggle to the next Artist “The Cranberries” (Next artist to the Beatles). Pressing “SEEK
–“ will toggle to the previous Artist “Abba” (previous artist to the Beatles). Press and hold
the “FF” (Fast Forward) button will start the audio playback of the selected artist.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 PM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Thanks Eric, but I am not sure that is it. I want to be able to select an artist (in your example- The Beetles) and then scroll/select only the albums by that artist. If I am listening to Yesterday on Help, I want to be able to select something like "browse albums by artist" and then scroll through only Beetle's albums- Help!, Let it Be, Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper, Yellow Submarine,... etc. Pressing and holding FF on any selection will then start playing the first song on that album. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I tend to think of my songs by album and like listening to albums by artist. The way it is set up now, if I am sorting by albums, I have to scroll through ALL albums to find the one I want, not just the albums by a given artist I am in the mood to listen to, which is what I am hoping for.

I forgot of one BIG request- Please, please, please make it so when you are scrolling through the lists the song playing does NOT change to the one the "cursor" is momentarily over while the list is refreshing or reloading! I understand the limitations in having to have lists load, but at least keep the same music I am listening to while navigating the menus and lists!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Schwartz...can you try the search you are describing above on your iPod, and note the steps? The GW500 mimics the iPod controls. According to Dension, it's exactly the same.

Browse by Albums, see Rolling Stones, it will pull all Rolling Stones albums. Then album search per album to search songs....

Quick Reply: Submit You feedback for Dension GW500 Enhancements