smartycam with odb2 in 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default smartycam with odb2 in 997.1

Hi,

if anybody uses smartycam with odb2 interface - do you get brake pedal position info with it?

i cant get it shown. also - is this camera supposed to start filming automatically in slave mode with odb2 module when you start driving faster than 10mph or not? manual suggest it should but mine does not.
not sure what to adjust and where - i do not want to use auto-on on acceleration as it is coupled with auto-pause and as it seems to work is - camera starts automatically when car accelerates (correct behaviour) but within that specified 'pause' recording shuts down and then starts recording back again - it is highly odd and does not really help anything. i tried it at auto-x for first time so had to start and stop it a lot and it was pretty confusing - i ended up turning off any automation and left it in manual control mode.

also if anybody from AIM is reading this - why didn't you put a LED at the back or left side of camera to indicate if recording is active or not? it is impossible to see what is on camera screen when it is mounted to windshield with suction mount so i had to step out of a car to check if it records or not - it was highly inconvenient.

other than that - great product, very simple to install and it does provide a lot of info from ODB2 - i got speed, water temperature, intake air temperature, rpm, throttle pedal, MAF sensor. fuel level, PPS, manifold pressure channels gave no data for some reason.

Quick Reply: smartycam with odb2 in 997.1