Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandalism - best way to handle it? (in retrospect)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

I'd like to think that I could take the higher ground and let Karma come around but I know my self a little too well. I also feel that he PC stance, although it has it's advantages i terms of forcing people to try and think before speaking, has led to a society of not putting bad behavior in check with social humiliation. I feel it's societies job to speak up and shape the society we want to live in.

If some guy had wiped paint on my car I would have taken a picture, along with his license plate number, emailed it to myself, called the police and then confronted them and send them the detailer's bill. Maybe then they wont think it's funny to wipe paint when it costs $300.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

She also has the right idea...
abe (borrowed from this site)
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 AM
s329
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In NYC where it's really "show off and be seen" mentality, I think I am in the minority where ownership is based on the love of the vehicle not the social status that it depicts. I have never considered myself "wealthy" (espcially in a place like Manhattan) but lucky enough that I can afford to own the car of my boyhood dreams. Being on Rennlist, I get the sense that most of us are well off but not stupid rich, hence our aflliation to enthusiast sites like this one, yet the public's stigma of porsche car owners is so misguided. Most of us work our a$$es off everyday so we can have a couple hours on the weekends to drive this great car. Very frustrating when people view us with a jaded mindset that is completely misinformed.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

remember the name of the company, plate #, and seek revenge later.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by s329
In NYC where it's really "show off and be seen" mentality, I think I am in the minority where ownership is based on the love of the vehicle not the social status that it depicts. I have never considered myself "wealthy" (espcially in a place like Manhattan) but lucky enough that I can afford to own the car of my boyhood dreams. Being on Rennlist, I get the sense that most of us are well off but not stupid rich, hence our aflliation to enthusiast sites like this one, yet the public's stigma of porsche car owners is so misguided. Most of us work our a$$es off everyday so we can have a couple hours on the weekends to drive this great car. Very frustrating when people view us with a jaded mindset that is completely misinformed.

That pretty much hits the nail on the head. It's also about what you spend money one. I have friends that drive a honda and where Prada sunglasses. I'd rather drive something that puts a smile on my face and where sunglasses from the gas station. I do actually where sunglasses from the gas station BTW. I always end up sitting on them so my wife has banned me from anything over $20 :-)
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by s329
Very well stated.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM
aka_Sven
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread - I think we all experience the tension between wanting to take the higher ground or take revenge. I take some solace in the fact that the vast majority of vandalism and graffiti is perpetrated by teenagers, one guy trying to impress his friends. Their judgment is pretty poor, but in most cases will improve with age. I also try to remember that some ridiculously high percentage of folks, regardless of their economic circumstances, wouldn't dream of intentionally damaging someone else's property. That said, if I caught someone in the act, I would feel compelled to deliver a lecture or a licking, or something in between.

Quick Reply: Vandalism - best way to handle it? (in retrospect)