Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody painted the S II wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:38 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Has anybody painted the S II wheel?

Tuesday I am putting on my silver model designation decals and the clear bra. Until I have my friend make me custom Fuchs retro wheels, I am tempted to paint the S2s all black or just the forks and centers black, leaving the outer portion silver. Sort of like black fuchs rims comes w/ a polished lip in the pic below. Has anybody painted S2s yet, if so, please post pics.
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Whenever the Fuchs Racing wheels are ready I hope to get them in GT silver centers. I don't need that much black.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:08 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Whenever the Fuchs Racing wheels are ready I hope to get them in GT silver centers. I don't need that much black.
Definitely, given that your car is blue. My friend ownes a top custom shop and makes wheels in house, soup to nuts. He is very well establisehd and respected in the industry. He used to supply Will Castro from Unique Whips w/ his custom wheels, before Will closed up shop. His lastest and greatest job, was a complete custom in and out modification and custom rims for Mariano Rivera's new Charger. If enough of us want the rims made for the narrow bodies, he will be able to do even better on the price. I am also on the fence about silver center fuchs for myself, but for now I might want to mod the S2s that I have.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

I know that Fuchs Racing will have offsets for all bodies this fall. And single peice drop forged (instead of castings). I'm waiting for them to show up. They will water your eyes I think. I will have to play with the various center color options. I have grown to like GT Silver on my Carrera Sports. Not keen on the shiny black option. Always prefer the semi-gloss finish of original Fuchs over the anodized aluminum. Maintenance was simpler in those days--clean them, followed with a wiped on finish of vaseline.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I know that Fuchs Racing will have offsets for all bodies this fall. And single peice drop forged (instead of castings). I'm waiting for them to show up. They will water your eyes I think. I will have to play with the various center color options. I have grown to like GT Silver on my Carrera Sports. Not keen on the shiny black option. Always prefer the semi-gloss finish of original Fuchs over the anodized aluminum. Maintenance was simpler in those days--clean them, followed with a wiped on finish of vaseline.
This fall sounds good to me Edgy! Please post as soon as they are available.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

I also agree w/ you edgy about the aluminum look. I am probably going w/ a painted silver fuchs center, same color as stock and keep a polished lip. I might go black, but not sure. My friend has the aluminum fuchs on his blk/blk 84' Targa, but not into it on our models.
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
thinklabinc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have luck with matching the polished edge/lip of the 19" carrera sport wheel (same as Edgy's wheels)? It's a polished silver, not quite chrome, by a more reflective silver than the wheel body itself.

Took my minor curb rash to a detail shop and they said it was "machined" and had to be sent out for repair.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

I have heard that some shops actually paint it as opposed to machining it. Some talented shops are good at that.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
thinklabinc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, with the correct paint and clear coat I believe it is doable. I will be experimenting with this, if anyone has tried to match the polished lip with paint and can share their experience please let us know.

Quick Reply: Has anybody painted the S II wheel?