997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black racing seats in beige interior?

Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
madporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black racing seats in beige interior?

Anyone with black racing seats in sand beige interior?

If there is anyone with this setup, please post some pictures!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a black 997S with sand interior, my wife has a midnight blue CaymanS with sand interior. She has Recaro black track seats in her car. I used black Euro GT3 seats (996) in mine last year but have sold them since. I also used red harnesses and she uses black. I'll look to see if I have any pics, but I really liked the look!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:34 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by p-cardriver
I have a black 997S with sand interior, my wife has a midnight blue CaymanS with sand interior. She has Recaro black track seats in her car. I used black Euro GT3 seats (996) in mine last year but have sold them since. I also used red harnesses and she uses black. I'll look to see if I have any pics, but I really liked the look!
Really? Did you have all beige, or you had two-tone black/beige interior? I thought it'd look funny... all beige and just black seats!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:40 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

all sand beige. The track seats are black and the harness bar also, everything else is sandy. I don't have any interior pics so I can't show it off (her car is at the track this week).
Old 05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
madporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

p-cardriver, it will be really appreciated if you post some pics of your wife's car.
Since I want to upgrade to black recaro seats, I really want to see how they look.
Hopefully, black seats match well with sand beige interior.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:37 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Why is posting a pic from a MAC so hard?

Note that there is already a lot of black trim in the car from the factory. Sorry about the snow mats, not the prettiest but they do protect the carpet during "that" season.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Why is posting a pic from a MAC so hard?

Note that there is already a lot of black trim in the car from the factory. Sorry about the snow mats, not the prettiest but they do protect the carpet during "that" season.
Love those seats... where/how much u got em for? I may get one of those!

However, to me, it really doesn't looks good at all in a beige car.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:11 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

We got them at Northstar just outside of Chicago. Any Recaro dealer/race shop should have them. They are actually two different models. The driver's seat is smaller/narrower as this is my wife's car, but she was kind enough to get a larger passenger/instructor seat as well. We bought these two years ago so maybe there is a newer model or whatever.

As to the contrasting black on tan, I guess taste is personal. I wouldn't want tan track seats, however, because of all the dirt/grit. They'd look pretty bad very quickly.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:42 PM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice setup in the car. I am thinking of the same thing on my Cayman S. Do you have the model #'s of the seats and railing if any. How difficuly was in the install?

Any other advice would be most appreciated

Tx

Frank

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black racing seats in beige interior?