Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership inventory

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:34 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No official ad's for the recently announced trunk money here.

I had one dealer quote the wrong percentage split, and one not even acknowledge that it exists.

For the most part they have either low optioned spec cars, or test drive sleds. The two semi-well optioned 997's around are 4S's and have some sort of double secret probation sale price.

The '11's are rumored to hit the ground in June/July. Maybe Deja Vu all over again in September.

How do you say "zero down and zero percent" in German?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:35 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 979 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Didn't they adjust their allocations for 2010 and beyond to send more cars to China like BMW is doing? A freind of mine just toured the BMW plant and said like 1/2 of their new 5 and 7 series had China data tags on them! How the world is changing?
Actually, just the US is "changing". Asia and the developing countries are doing just fine.

Think US sales are low now - wait until next year this time, we are likely to have a US value added tax on "luxury" goods, put in place sometime between November and January 2010. Mark it down.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree. Europe has some economic problems with some of the smaller member economies. The US has major problems with the largest states ( California, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Florida) and very significant problems with many other states. Asia is growing and Europe is doing "OK", relatively speaking. The US will need to start charging ( taxing) US citizens more going forward to pay their way and, additionally, to pay for what they have not been paying for over the last decades ( the last decade, in particular. This will done through increased taxes or debasement of the currency..... more likely, both. Europe and Asia won't be sending as much money here in the future.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:51 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember early this year the parking lot of Stevens Creek Porsche was shockingly empty, I thought the dealer was going under. But 2 months later its lot was full again. I asked them about it and they said they were just clearing the older models and later have the 2010 models in. They said their sale moved quite a bit of inventory.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 AM
dD/dt
Racer

Supply may be low, but demand is even lower. When they offered the huge incentives last year on the stock '09s, PCNA pulled a bunch of future buyers into the present with strong prices. A lot of us who bought then were probably in the 6-12 month time frame, but moved up because of the deals.

Now they're waiting for demand to catch up again.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:07 AM
dD/dt
Racer

Originally Posted by rijowysock

i was sitting at suncoast waiting for my 911 in service one day and this guy was writing a check for a 140k+ C4S and i was saying "what the hell!" in my head... he pulled up with wife in a toyota and he just kept saying how he waited all his life to get a porsche and his wife finally said yes... thats all well and good but dropped 140+ on a C4S custom order when u could easily pick one up for under 100 and more than likely find one in the system the color combo and with options around what u wanted.... the guy taking the check kept reassuring him that paying msrp was a good deal and no incentives/discounts were available... (after i just received almost 29% off at another dealer only months before)
Caveat emptor. Look at the bright side: the salesman just paid for college for one of his kids, and the dealership made payroll.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
TigerStadt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Keadog
http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/...tor/states/WI/
This link will list every Porsche dealer in the US by state. I did my "quarterly" tour today (about 3 hours of daydreaming). There are lots of new (08-10) cars spread out over the country, including GT3s and turbos/turbo cabs, although the majority of turbos are PDKs.
Enjoy...
I have often wondered how accurate this info is. For example, our local dealer has a GT3 and GT3RS in inventory, but they don't show up online.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,069 Likes on 750 Posts

Talked to a Suncoast budy of mine yesterday. They're doing fine. Had a good month of March. The low inventory is due to two things he said. A deliberate cut back of cars on hand and fewer cars available by Porsche.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
Can you help us out and identify the local dealers that have off-site storage?
Its not about off-site storage. As far as I know PNA makes the dealers post their stock when it arrives. Atleast in the dealershiop databases, the one the dealers can search!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:41 PM
silver1331
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dD/dt
Supply may be low, but demand is even lower. When they offered the huge incentives last year on the stock '09s, PCNA pulled a bunch of future buyers into the present with strong prices. A lot of us who bought then were probably in the 6-12 month time frame, but moved up because of the deals.

Now they're waiting for demand to catch up again.
Yup, i think thats exactly right. It says alot that Porsche is already heavily discounting this early. Realistically, the pool of buyers for 911s has shrunk dramatically and the pullforward effect likely took away a good chunk of the market that was there. Problem is it becomes circular bc as porsche discounts, used prices decline which means you need enough demand to mop up the lightly used cars and new supply before you PNA can hold pricing.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
swajames
Racer

Originally Posted by hlee1169
I remember early this year the parking lot of Stevens Creek Porsche was shockingly empty, I thought the dealer was going under. But 2 months later its lot was full again. I asked them about it and they said they were just clearing the older models and later have the 2010 models in. They said their sale moved quite a bit of inventory.
+1, I was there earlier this year and I was shocked at how few cars were in inventory. The lot looked close to empty. I went back a couple of weeks ago and there was a lot more in stock.

Quick Reply: Dealership inventory