Sponsored by:

Opinions sought - Aero Kit, Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewdr
Fortunately, Porsche makes enough variations to satisfy even the most demanding of personalities
I want a Turbo Targa for my daily driver. Clearly they need even more flavors!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by kdurg
...........and anyone with basic DIY skills can swap out the rear wing for the oscillating deck in 45 minutes. have the best of both worlds and go back and forth as your tastes change during the year.

aerokit wing at the shop getting sprayed this week. im anxious to complete the look.
I understand you need to have your car reprogramed by Porsche on the rear wing installation, unlike the older cars. I was told this on the 06 Club Coupe I had that reaffirmed by the dealership on the new car I bought as well.

On the older cars, you could disconnect the relay for the standard automatic wing but the computer on the 997 won't let you do this.

If anyone knows different, please chime in.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's true that when it comes to the lower lip you absolutely positively have to go with the unpainted OEM urethane lip!!!!

I made the mistake of painting it on a previous Porsche and evey year it would have to be repainted, that gets old real fast!

On my current P. ride I've got a 997 2008 GT2 front end (customized to fit 996) and haven't had any problems with the OEM lip, it gets scrapped quite often but no big deal.
Attached Images   
Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 AM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr
I understand you need to have your car reprogramed by Porsche on the rear wing installation, unlike the older cars. I was told this on the 06 Club Coupe I had that reaffirmed by the dealership on the new car I bought as well.

On the older cars, you could disconnect the relay for the standard automatic wing but the computer on the 997 won't let you do this.

If anyone knows different, please chime in.
Jim---that's correct. Dealer needs to recode using FIXED WING in PIWIS. Takes less than 10 mins. You'll also need a wiring harness ( Part #997.612.670.71 ) for the 3rd brake light.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
go-C4S-injune
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I prefer the classic look. Not a big fan of the aero kit rear wing. Now the new GT3 RS wing is a different matter.... that is a bad ***.

Quick Reply: Opinions sought - Aero Kit, Yes or No?