Sponsored by:

Porsche Jan '10 sales

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Sales of new Boxsters are probably being hurt by abnormally low prices of used Porsches across the product line.
Also I believe that Boxster and Cayman sales are being hurt by the economy as well and a majority of the folks affected are the working middle class to lower upper class who are finding their salaries cut or no salary at all which often are mid 30's, late 40's or early 50's year olds. Add to it those new college hires who don't have the jobs or disposable income they previously had a year or 2 ago and I think you're seeing a shrinking amount of people available to buy the low end cars. Thus the Cayman and Boxster sales are suffering while the higher end Panamera, 911's and Cayenne's are not taking as much of a hit as their target audience is either still relatively stable financially or doing very well with bonuses and the rebounding market.

My 2 cents...
Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

Hey, easy on the Boxster owners - arguably the best car Porsche makes, easily so for the money...

No doubt that 2 seaters are a pure luxury and frivolous purchase, not easily made with the economy where it is...also, Porsche is no doubt losing sales in that segment to more reasonably priced competitors

There will always be demand at the high end of the market (viva la 911) but I predict the Panamera will lose steam quickly...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Other factors to toss around . . .

1. Are dealers getting smaller allocations now?

2. How do incentives compare between this year and last year?

3. Aren't exotic car sales down? Maybe former fcar buyers are picking up pcar's for peanuts.

4. Are these the first steps of VW making the Porsche brand more exclusive?

Went to a VW/Audi dealer today to get a Routan minivan. Completely sold out. Wanted to take a look at an S5 convertible too, also sold out. Salesman also said they were selling Q7's over msrp. VW seems to do a good job at controlling supply.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:36 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I happened to scan the inventories of several area dealers a few nights ago, and my impression was that there is a lot of inventory sitting on the lots right now.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:45 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

203 Porsche dealers dropping fast ...

Certainly not enough sales to support the current dealer network.

Quick Reply: Porsche Jan '10 sales