Sponsored by:

OcBen Erased ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
DanJK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gretch
That there is some very creative fiction!

IMPRESSIVE!
Hilarious. OCben - that was a stemwinder!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...so if I made fun of Jews or certain ill-informed liberals on here, or called someone the "N" word, or said Obama was an idiot; whatever constructive threads I was involved in would be erased rather than just banning/suspending me?

...makes sense to me...
Old 01-22-2010, 12:03 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Sorry, but I'm sure you agree that the best way to handle situations like these by respecting everyone's privacy.

It is interesting to watch threads like this develop, opinions posted, rumors exchanged outside the forum, etc.
The reality is something quite different, since there are only a few people who actually see both sides of the story.

The childhood lesson "there are always two sides to a story" is still true today.
in my comments earlier, i was only being facetious. i would not expect any personal discussions to be shared broadly.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
pbarch1
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

while the information here has been great, it has also been run a bit like the mother land! I had what I thought was a completely acceptable pic in my profile, one that reflected the grace and joy of childhood. and Bam!! removed.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:17 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

This is absolutely unacceptable! I am totally new to 911s and was jumping between here and Planet-9 for finding the best discussion forum and stayed here, mostly due to posts by people like OC Ben.

Regardless of what he has done, or said to others, etc... it is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE to delete ALL of his posts! It's ridicolous! I understand if he's banned, or if his offensive comments were removed, but to remove ALL of his posts... that sounds like personal attack, and possibly the explanation he provided is true, to delete PM from server they had to delete all of his stuff (probably that's the only way to permanently delete something on this technology).

Totally lost respect for this place!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Alex,

Ben's explanation is his hypothesis. His posts have been archived and not deleted. It is likely that they will be restored in the near future.

Regards,
Old 01-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

It is MORE likely that the moderators will be covering their tracks. At this point, I don't have a lot of faith in them and their judgement. Perhaps it's time that Rennlist visitors reevaluate their presence herein--en masse. I don't trust them at all.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Always so much turbulence on the 997 forum.

To borrow a phase that Rodney King made famous,

"Why can't we all just get along?"

Phil
Old 01-22-2010, 02:26 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I saw a couple of posts between mdrums and OCBen in that detailing thread. Mdrums is banned, too.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

I have to admit that this whole thing seems a bit half-baked.

I would like to think that Bob and Lewis will take another look at this fiasco given some of the comments in this thread. I have tremendous respect for both of them and almost always agree with their level of intervention in our community.

I also find it rather odd that all of Ben's past posts have been stricken from RL. While often controversial in his comments and style, Ben certainly added a significant number of commonly cited DIY and knowledge threads. It would be a 997 travesty to lose that information.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh Rennlist. Amazing speculation with no information.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Alex,

Ben's explanation is his hypothesis. His posts have been archived and not deleted. It is likely that they will be restored in the near future.

Regards,
Hey Bob,

No matter the reason behind the ban, the fact of the matter is, there's no fair justification for removing ALL of his posts from the site.

It is more than fair for moderators to ban a user for violating the terms of using the site, but to remove non-offensive posts of such users puts the whole ban justificaiton and integrity of moderators into question!

Thanks for your response.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Chris, you are correct. You guys crack me up sometimes.

On the one hand we have a guy who has been banned multiple times in the past, including by John D.

On the other we have mdrums who IS NOT BANNED. He asked for his account to be closed and specifically requested that all his posts be removed. That's all I can say.

Regards,
Old 01-22-2010, 02:56 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be it appears that our society is going off the deep end. We give jihadists more rights and stick the onerous costs to the American tax payer.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:21 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by russo
To be it appears that our society is going off the deep end. We give jihadists more rights and stick the onerous costs to the American tax payer.
Not to mention Chinese... they hack and espionage our corporation systems and even defence department, dump CRAP products into our markets with artificially cheap fixed currency, but we got no guts to stand up to them! I really think if we care about North American economy we gotto stop importing their crap (easier said than done)!

Getting off topics... but had to be said!

EDIT: Sorry if this is totally off-topic, it was only in response to russo and not the OP... I made my points in regards to removal of all posts earlier.

Last edited by alexb76; 01-22-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: OcBen Erased ?