Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OcBen Erased ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:48 AM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stoppie, now OCBen, two forum members who provided great information and were really fun to have around. People are people, with different views and personalities, that's life. Eliminating the interesting members on this site just takes Rennlist in a sad direction. People need to learn that on forums if you don't like someone, avoid them until you find more common ground, don't bait them, read another post, be the bigger person and let it go.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A statement from OCBen:

" As some of you know I had to sell my 997 last month for financial reasons, and since then I haven't participated much in the forum like before. Every now and then I would poke my head in to see if there was a post for me in a thread I had posted in, like where this one fellow had asked in my detailing thread for advice on a product to use to remove fine scratches from his clear film, and so I posted my recommended product for him.

Well, the other day I was shocked to see that someone had made a not so veiled death threat against me - out of the blue - over a post of mine in an old thread. A mod jumped in and quickly edited his post and admonished him for such a serious offense saying that a call to the local authorities is what would be warranted here. I sent a PM to this guy to chew him out for his stupidity in not realizing it was an old post of mine.

The next day, yesterday morning, I received an email from a mod saying I was banned from the forum. Banned, for what, I thought. I then tried to log in to RL and saw a notice saying I was banned permanently for making threats against another member. I thought what the hell, are you serious? I cleared my cookies and logged into the forum as an unregistered user and saw that I had the banned tag under my username wherever my posts were displayed.

I suspected what had happened and so I emailed the mod and the junior admin for proof of this alleged threat I made. The mod emailed me the alleged PM I sent to this guy and I was shocked to see that he had maliciously edited it to make it seem like I had indeed made a personal threat against him. The alteration to my PM was glaring because of the gross grammatical error he had made when falsifying it, which I pointed out to the admin and mod.

Well, now they were caught in a pickle. My original PM was safely stored in the database. And if the higher ups at Internet Brands were to conduct an investigation and retrieve my PM from the database, heads would roll because somebody got duped into believing a grievous false accusation. Well, in their collective wisdom, the culprits decided to attempt a cover up by purging me from the database, deleting all my threads, all my posts, all your posts that were in my threads, in order to also purge the PM that proves my innocence. And then act like I never even existed. Can you believe that? They've banned users permanently before but you still see their posts in the threads they posted in, and see that under their usernames the title of banned is displayed. The culprits felt they had to take this drastic action in order to destroy the evidence of their screwup.

And now you know the truth. You can reach me at www.reutterwerk.com by private message if you wish."

Last edited by Graygoose997; 01-22-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,234 Likes on 754 Posts

That there is some very creative fiction!

IMPRESSIVE!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gretch

IMPRESSIVE!

Indeed!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:22 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to pull up the backup to verify what Ben said in his original PM? Death threats and grammatical errors don't sound like his work...just wondering if anyone had checked that out.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

I concur that to pull all of his useful threads has essentially weakened the value of this forum to other Porsche owners and prospective Porsche owners. If this business is true, it reflects considerable underthought on the part of the moderators.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:45 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

We are now entering the "Twilight Zone" and resistance is futile.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Shame on Rennlist.
There was some really valuable information in those threads over the years.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:03 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Not good. People should evaluate their intentions. If they are honorable, good things happen. If they are sullied, bad things happen. Everything's cumulative. Explaining to 50 people how to get more enjoyment out of waxing their cars is a good thing. Emotionally attacking someone who offends you is a bad thing. In such a case both people add to the negativity the world. Negativity once generated SPREADS: clobbering and getting clobbered on the internet likely makes both people clobber other people in other contexts. Because all people are valuable, all people are worthy of respect, the bad karma of intentionally emotionally hurting one person is probably not offset by the good karma of helping 50 guys wax their car better. Gotta work at doing good things. Create less suffering, foster more enjoyment and happiness.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by larrytrk
We are now entering the "Twilight Zone" and resistance is futile.
Indeed.
It's the mods vs. Ben and we all know who wins.
Keep that in mind next time you feel the need to contribute your 18.00
Old 01-22-2010, 11:19 AM
erenyes
Advanced

I vote everyone move over to Planet 9.....
Old 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm not a big emoticon guy BUT
Old 01-22-2010, 11:36 AM
perrys4
The Lady's Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gretch

IMPRESSIVE!
It is known I am no big fan of Bens but it would be really easy to prove your statement Gretch, why don't you just prove him wrong if it si so cut and dry? This place does have a reputation for questionable moderation.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just an internet chat room, basically, but man, people take it so seriously.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

I found many of OCBen's posts really useful and it is a shame the info is now gone.

His views may sometimes have been different but from OCBen's many posts that I read I never felt he lied. I therefore have no reason to doubt his explanation. As is with the moderators responses (to Ben's explanation), the action they've taken is just another loss to this discussion forum and their credibility.

Quick Reply: OcBen Erased ?