OcBen Erased ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:47 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
A response from OCBen:
He's banned - lets just move on.... He and you need to accept the consequences of whatever he did (I have no idea what it was)..
Old 01-23-2010, 03:47 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
A response from OCBen:
Please forgive me but this is Funny! Like that guy Mustafa played by Will Farrell in Austin Powers movies. After he was disposed of he just wouldn't die.

click this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRHj3tyYyo
Old 01-23-2010, 03:59 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
He's banned - lets just move on.... He and you need to accept the consequences of whatever he did (I have no idea what it was)..
Nobody is making anyone read any of these posts or stopping anyone from moving on.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

How nice it must be for Ben to post by proxy thanks to tooloud10 and PTpeecar, and with their help, make false allegations.

On the other hand the mods and I are prevented by our own rules of engagement from exposing the truth. I can and will say this. The situation was reviewed by six moderators. All six, without exception voted to ban OCBen.

Now for the good part. Ben has asked that his posts be deleted. Yes you read that correctly.

The law is clear. Anything posted here belongs to RL. Standard policy is to not delete posts en-masse except under special circumstances. This is based on the idea that information posted here has value to the community.

In this case I am indifferent. So, I will leave it to you folks, should we preserve the content in OCBen's 15,000 odd posts or remove them?

In this thread a number of you expressed the opinion that Ben's posts had been helpful. If that's the case thy should stay.

Regards,
Old 01-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Bob Rouleau;7246351I am also aware that Ben is sending emails looking for support. Thank you PTpeecar for your effort. ?[/QUOTE]

Quite the opposite, my friend.
It was me that contacted Ben when he was vanished.
Fact is Ben and I have at best a casual relationship, and we could not be further apart politicly.
What you all did just goes against mine, and evidently a lot of other members idea of what is fair in this society.
What happened ,appears to be a new low, even for the internet.

Now that you have restored Ben's posts, which certainly add to the depth of the knowledge base on this site, why not take the next step and let the guy back ?
You , or whoever, obviously made mistake in judgement.
Seems like Ben did,also.

Time to call off the pissing war, and let him back, don't you think ?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PTpeecar
Now that you have restored Ben's posts, which certainly add to the depth of the knowledge base on this site, why not take the next step and let the guy back ?
Depth of knowledge base? I would disagree.

You , or whoever, obviously made mistake in judgement.
I would disagree.

Seems like Ben did,also.
He made much more than a mistake in judgement.

Time to call off the pissing war, and let him back, don't you think ?
Highly unlikely.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:32 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT

What nobody is considering is that the response that was taken could be as it was because of privacy / legal implications that cannot be openly discussed. As has been clarified numerous times, no posts were deleted, rather everything was put on temporary hold pending further review, which obviously is now complete because posts were turned back on.

Ron, I think you make a good point.

The more I thought about why Ben's posts were removed (temporarily, as it turns out) the more I considered the possibility that this was done to allow some time to review those posts from a legal/liability standpoint. While this temporary removal of the posts is not usual and customary here on Rennlist (at least I don't think it is the "norm"), it may have been deemed necessary from a liability point of view.

Ben is obviously a very knowledgeable and intelligent person who did contribute a lot of good information on this forum. Unfortunately, some of his comments directed at other posters were overtly condescending, belittling, and occasionally, inflammatory. This, I believe, is what ultimately let to his expulsion from Rennlist.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
This is a very sad byproduct of this whole fiasco.
Mike is a great enthusiast and made copious contributions. I hope that he decides to return some day.
+1; Mike - to the "Racing & Driver Ed Forum" pls..

And Ben was a very good poster in this forum.

Wow. I have no idea what happened here and really have no time for all the drama so I don't care or want to know. The whole thing is a shame. I don't think the Mods here look to throw people out and I think anyone who thinks that is the case has an overinflated sense of value.

Come on all, its just cars fer ch$%#t sake. All involved need to grow some perspective, IMHO ....

If I did not know better I'd think I was on a Ferrari Board ()..
Old 01-23-2010, 07:25 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Careful...big brother may find that offensive and whooffff your gone.
abe

Originally Posted by brendorenn
abe's back on his meds!

Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this true?

Originally Posted by OCBen
Just heard from Bob R.

He confirmed they haven't been able to retrieve my original PM. They need to wait until IB's tech staff can do it, which will probably be Monday at the earliest.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:32 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
Come on all, its just cars fer ch$%#t sake. All involved need to grow some perspective, IMHO ....
What he said! +1 There's never any good reason to get oneself into an alarming/creepy p*ssing match with anybody.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,234 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by LlBr
What he said! +1 There's never any good reason to get oneself into an alarming/creepy p*ssing match with anybody.
Agreed, they seem to end badly for all participating parties.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a great (or stupid) idea! Why not start a thread OCBen vs Administrators. Allow OCBen for just that thread to post his side then Administrators post their side...have a few rebutals from each side and then call it over. If you really want to make it interesting....we the paying members of the Rennlist site can act as a jury via a poll and vote to see which side is "innocent". All of this is assuming both sides agree to discuss the "confindential" issues. Let the truth enlighten us all so that we may shed our shakles so that our souls be freed.
abe
Old 01-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Depth of knowledge base? I would disagree..
Well, then, let's see _your_ research and report, with detailed pictures and diagrams when someone poses a question on a 997?
Should we start giving your e mail address out when someone has a technical question that requires specific knowledge of the car ?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:56 PM
ross74
Instructor

I am relatively new to the forum and I dont have an opinion positive or negative of OCBen, other than occasionally reading his posts and noticing that he did sound condescending in a few occasions but...

...I cant see why on earth a moderator would want to banish somebody without good reason..I mean what interest would they have to do something that clearly goes against the sentiments of many?

I say since we dont know both sides we should be more cautious over this.

On the other hand I say all his posts should be re made available, a forum is about content and OCBen has been a big contributor.

At the end of the day this is a forum about our cars...

Quick Reply: OcBen Erased ?