Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 C2S 997 how many ingnitions in 1 RPM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:13 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i think he already owns the car? i saw another post that said he had the car already or something?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

That's too bad. A visit to the Rennlist prior to a purchase might have saved him some grief.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,058 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i think he already owns the car? i saw another post that said he had the car already or something?
Not only does he own it but he has no regrets either.

I will be the first to admit, I don’t always make good decisions. I could be making a bad decision knowingly but I still do it. But I don’t want any 997. I want this one. If I take it back then I wouldn’t get another, most likely. When I bought this one I wasn’t on the market. Hell I was shopping for a friend and saw this one. And had to have it. To me, the fact that it was a race car makes me want it even more. Every aspect of this car is completely flawless. I am passionate about Porsche but even more with this car. I will be satisfied if I can get the car fixed.

https://rennlist.com/forums/7238206-post28.html
hausherrs......since you seem determined to keep it, best of luck. Hope it turns into the experience you're looking forward to.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:53 AM
hausherrs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Transporters are coming to pick up the car today and take it to Austin to have the engine repaired. Anyone that read the other thread I started would know that the engine is being replaced/repaired under warranty. The dealership that I bought the car from is making all the arrangements. The engine that is in the car currently has not been over reved. Those numbers are from the previous engine that has been replaced. The current engine is under warranty and has a rattle that will be addressed monday, this is why its going to Austin. But I have the before and after engine replacement numbers and all the over revs are what caused the first engine failure. Thats why porsche is honoring the new engine warranty. New engine has 1k on it and remaining 1.5 year warranty.

Thanks again,

Steven
Old 01-21-2010, 02:33 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it has worked out for you. But I'm unclear whether it Porsche or the dealership that is picking up the tab for this.

Quick Reply: '05 C2S 997 how many ingnitions in 1 RPM?