Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA

We're buying a home in Rancho Cucamonga CA and we will be living there about 1/2 the year (and the other 1/2 in MA). We should be closing in either late Jan. or early Feb.

Can anyone recommend a good Porsche Dealer for Service in the area? It doesn't have to be the closest one, just a good dealer to work with. Right now, I drive about 50 miles to the dealer where I bought the car even though there's a dealer about 6 miles away. It doesn't bother me a bit and they always give me a loaner to drive back anyway.

Thanks for your advice.
Charlie

PS. I'd also like to hook up with the local PCA Chapter. Can someone give me a contact person, either publicly or by private message. I'm already a PCA member but will be keeping my NE Chapter membership as well. Thanks again!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:24 PM
PVP997
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to post your question in the Western Region forum as well.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PVP997
Might want to post your question in the Western Region forum as well.
Thanks, I just did!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:17 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie C
Can anyone recommend a good Porsche Dealer for Service in the area? It doesn't have to be the closest one, just a good dealer to work with. Right now, I drive about 50 miles to the dealer where I bought the car even though there's a dealer about 6 miles away. It doesn't bother me a bit and they always give me a loaner to drive back anyway.
I'd like to hear thoughts on this subject as well. We just bought our S from The Auto Gallery in Thousand Oaks last month and we have one return visit to take care of a couple items we negotiated with the deal. (Colored crests in the wheel centers, a couple of leather key chains, and a minor service item.)

I've spoken to the service manager a couple of times setting up our return and I'd rate his attitude as "polite but not greatly interested" if that makes sense. It occurs to me that we're used to having the finest model the dealer handles, and now we just bought a Porsche from a guy who floorplans Ferrari, Maserati and Aston Martin as well. My personal ranking of those cars won't matter to guys who can't afford any of them but know the list prices. Maybe we won't get the attentive care for our car that we demand.

Any experiences to share about dealers in Southern California?

[Just saw the other replies and learned about regional forums. Will post this question there as well.]

Last edited by simsgw; 01-01-2010 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Acknowledged need to post on Western Region
Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

There are probably a few closer dealers (McKenna / Orange County dealers?) but Downtown L.A. Porsche is where I have bought and serviced all my pcars. Their head tech is one of the best in the country, literally, and a true pcar nut himself. I don't think you can go wrong there if its in your driving range, but I should personally introduce you (which I am happy to do) as I am sure my long relationships with virtually everyone there help smooth the gears.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:47 AM
echere88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Their head tech is one of the best in the country, literally, and a true pcar nut himself."

Would mind share that who is the person you refer to? Thanks
Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jcnesq
There are probably a few closer dealers (McKenna / Orange County dealers?) but Downtown L.A. Porsche is where I have bought and serviced all my pcars. Their head tech is one of the best in the country, literally, and a true pcar nut himself. I don't think you can go wrong there if its in your driving range, but I should personally introduce you (which I am happy to do) as I am sure my long relationships with virtually everyone there help smooth the gears.
Thanks for the info. and the offer. I'll send you a message once we actually move in and get my car there. Also, that's quite a stable of P cars you've got there! Very nice.
Thanks again.
Charlie
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

PCA Orange Coast Region is a very active region!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJones
Thanks, I saved the link.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Exactly what I was going to tell you. While you're technically not moving to Orange County, I think there are several Riverside and San Bernadino members active in the OC chapter. They are undoubtedly your best starting point.

I haven't used them myself but Walters Porsche is in Riverside (which isn't too far from Rancho Cucamonkey). They're a PCA sponsor and might be a good venue.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I've heard less than stellar things about the LA Region of PCA, so the link to the Orange Coast may be the way to go. My region is just too far north for you probably, although we have many LA owners in it.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:57 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Doug you out there?

Look him up here. he lives in Rancho Coocoo

douglas bray
Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You've got one of the most reputable independent Porsche service shops right there in your area there. I highly recommend Loren Beggs of 911 Design:

http://nine11design.com
Old 01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
You've got one of the most reputable independent Porsche service shops right there in your area there. I highly recommend Loren Beggs of 911 Design:

http://nine11design.com
There are several very good independents in OC/Riverside area but I think the OP was looking specifically for a dealer.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:36 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

For dealer service I like Mike Barcelona (service writer) and Master tech Ken at Rusnak Pasadena.

These two have treated me extremely well for more than 15 years.

I joined the SDR region of PCA http://www.pcasdr.org/ for the driving events when I joined because they were the most active but OCR is great also.

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA