Sponsored by:

How to remove my C4S badge...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:12 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to remove my C4S badge...

Didn't find anything in a search of badge removal nor de-badge. Is there a good at home technique that I can manage? Not 100% sure yet but am considering it. Color is meteor grey metallic. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Ash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Tooth floss can work if the badge is on via adhesive.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:20 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I removed my "Cayenne turbo S" badge with unwaxed dental floss. That was the easier part.

After removal, I got the residual sticky off with "Goo Gone", micro fiber cloth and elbow grease.

After THAT... I buffed the whole area with some "mid cut" Meguire's and an orbital polisher.

Then I had a beer.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
TheMethLab
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I removed my Carrera badge. It was simple. First I used a hair dryer on low heat to soften up the adhesive then slowly began pulling the badge off and reheating as I went. Do this SLOWLY. I think I took at least 15 minutes just to do the peeling. Then I used some WD 40 to remove any residue left over. You couldn't tell I ever had a badge there. My car is Atlas Grey Metallic.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:47 PM
zekeman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You live in Florida...park the car in the sun for about an hour to "naturally soften", slide waxed or unwaxed dental floss beneath it and slice it off. Remove the residual glue (very little on mine!) with Goo Gone as previously suggested, then wax...took maybe 5 minutes for me.
Z
Old 12-12-2009, 06:07 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I removed my "Cayenne turbo S" badge with unwaxed dental floss. That was the easier part.

After removal, I got the residual sticky off with "Goo Gone", micro fiber cloth and elbow grease.

After THAT... I buffed the whole area with some "mid cut" Meguire's and an orbital polisher.

Then I had a beer.
That's a lot of floss
Old 12-12-2009, 07:19 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't try the method of the hair dryer and pulling - although it worked that is a higher chance of damaging the area. I damaged the area on my mother's lexus - luckily its a white car so it's a big deal - but be careful. *Note - I wasn't using a hairdryer - so the method isn't really a comparable to the posters method.

Careful with high speed orbitals too depending on your -pressure, angle - I would actually pay a nice bit of $$ to get a professional training to detail my own vehicles. Also, have considered going into the business when I had a car wash offered for sale.

Anyone know of some good schools or videos for proper techniques? I believe that detailing really is a craft and not just washing a car.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I wouldn't try the method of the hair dryer and pulling - although it worked that is a higher chance of damaging the area. I damaged the area on my mother's lexus - luckily its a white car so it's a big deal - but be careful. *Note - I wasn't using a hairdryer - so the method isn't really a comparable to the posters method.

Careful with high speed orbitals too depending on your -pressure, angle - I would actually pay a nice bit of $$ to get a professional training to detail my own vehicles. Also, have considered going into the business when I had a car wash offered for sale.

Anyone know of some good schools or videos for proper techniques? I believe that detailing really is a craft and not just washing a car.

I think he was referring to a random orbital buffer which is harmless with the right pads. I have used one many years and have never had a problem with one and hte results are fantastic.

As you say...no one should use a circular buffer unless they are very experienced.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:36 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buckwheat

Thank you for the clarification.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 279 Posts

Ditto the floss, a little 3m adhesive remover, then a spot of polish and wax - voila clean butt!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone. I'll post before & after photos & story. Still have to get first photos posted of my new baybee...what a beauty of a car this is. A body work/ restoration friend of mine said it was " stunning "...never thought of it as such but I now do! Same person is against me de-badging it and in a big brother sense, would not tell me how to tackle it! I know it is well intentioned but once done, should I decide to, I'll never hear the end of it.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Fishing line also works well, followed by Goo Gone.

Quick Reply: How to remove my C4S badge...