Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man, what happened to "paint to sample" prices? Waay high...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Hi Dave. You're a car maniac. I love your new car, and admire you and the others to have the courage to go off the beaten path of colors. I'm not far behind, hopefully.
Nice to see that you're coming back to the p-side!

Thanks,....I am a bit of a maniac. My philosophy with color is that you should get what you really want,....plain and simple. I don't worry about what others think and I don't worry about resale!

I do like some of those cool blues, especially the Turquoise and Riviera.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:45 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
That is unfortunate, but I'm willing to wait so it will not be a problem from my end.

I was thinking, maybe MJones just meant GT3 PTS 's were done for MY10. He posted that to the GT3 forum. It may just be that Porsche isn't going to be building any more GT3s because so many are currently sitting on dealers lots.

Here's a link.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-pts-gone.html

Think I'll send him a PM and find out for sure. I'll ask him to post an answer here.

Phil
Old 12-01-2009, 09:25 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by RollingArt
I was thinking, maybe MJones just meant GT3 PTS 's were done for MY10. He posted that to the GT3 forum. It may just be that Porsche isn't going to be building any more GT3s because so many are currently sitting on dealers lots.

Here's a link.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-pts-gone.html

Think I'll send him a PM and find out for sure. I'll ask him to post an answer here.

Phil
Being the "car *****" I am; it's time for a new girl. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Ferrari.

I've also heard that the PTS is closed, but will await the result of the dealer's communication with Porsche.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:30 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

so, which color are you gonna custom order for? I TOTALLY AGREE on the Black comment... while searching for my car (pre-owned), I'd say 60-70% of all available C4S were BLACK, and 20% silver! If you wanted to get black, you could pretty much find a car with EXACT options you wanted. If you were interested in any other colour, you were totally out of luck!

Also, I am confused, is there an EU delivery at Porsche or not? I was just the factory/museum in October and they said there was an EU delivery in Stutgart, I believe at the dealer across the street from the factory!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Paint to Sample and Interior to Sample Deadlines for MY 2010
PAG has announced the cut-off dates for paint to sample and leather to sample will be the following for both 997 and 987 models:

Paint to sample deadline - November 12, 2009

Leather to sample deadline - November 20, 2009

Please use these dates to plan accordingly for custom sample orders.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After working in sales for a few years with Porsche -

They do a great job of extracting as much out of a car as possible. This was one of my personal favorite cars - a car a customer let me build for him myself-

Polar Silver - one of my favs.

It's all about profit - PTS - Porsche does a great job at that junk and sometimes its really screwed up -- -when cobalt blue went from Exclusive $3k to standard metallic - a customer had ordered a new cayman S.. He didn't say much about it, but boy I was pissed for him. paid $3k for a color that went to $695 the next MY.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:21 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

The colors I am interested are all blues.

Thanks for the dates, sounds rather official.

Porshe profit. It's well known in all circles a majority of their margins come from options on the car. In my opinion, it's getting a little embarassing as they charge for just about everything on the car. When it comes down to it, you're paying for the engine and suspension, and a lot for it.

Not that there's any comparison, because there's not, but my 750Li was $100k and it is loaded up the wazoo with leather everywhere, TV's in the back, twin-turbo engine, GPS, bluetooth, you name it (and some are option$$). My point is not that it's not worth it, but as the "German_Saint" suggests, Porsche is not only building cars that can red-line, but their margins too.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
I've owned it since September. Did I say how happy I was? Part of that giddiness could be my first 911 feeling, part also because I can share my car with my girls and certainly part of it is the pts Maritime.

Bruce- I know I'm new here -- very new but don't even try to play it off...

You look very similar to one of my favorite all time guitarist - Neal Schon from Journey - couldn't find a picture in a bomber jacket---but.....

what do you guys think??? neal or not?

Quick Reply: Man, what happened to "paint to sample" prices? Waay high...