Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER Dension & B&M Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts
Default NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER Dension & B&M Group Buy!

As primary distributors for these two phenomenal products for Porsche, we are proud to announce a special Group Buy for November, and an opportunity for us to say ‘thanks’ to all of you for your past, present and continued support, by offering these top-flight products for your Porsche at discounted pricing.

Here’s the deal:

If you are interested in the Dension products (details on our Order page) for iPod and Bluetooth integration for your Porsche, or the B&M Short Shift Kit for your Porsche, simply email us and let us know the products you want and what year/model you have, and whether or not you have PCM.

info@bumperplugs.com (mention November Group Buy)

We will collect all names and email contacts until November 23, the date at which the Group Buy ends. If you can hold out for the three weeks, we promise it will be worth the wait. At the end of the period, based on the number of interested people, we will email everyone ‘the deal’ for the products they are wanting, and will send out email to everyone whose name is on the list as of the closing date. There is NO obligation or commitment required in advance, but if you are not on the list, you will not receive the group buy pricing.

Inventory will be in stock and will begin shipping no later than November 30th.

For those with questions, feel free to email me.

The Dension Gateway 500 is the fiber optic integration base unit for iPod integration in your Porsche. It is applicable to all ’03 – ’08 models, ALL head units including PCM and CDR head units, and is a tremendous high quality digital direct-to-the-loop feature-rich addition to your Porsche. For those with PCM, you can add the BTA1500 for Bluetooth integration (sorry, PCM required for Bluetooth at this time). But iPod integration (Gateway 500) works on ALL CDR and PCM head units!

The B&M Short Shift Kit is a class leader and long time, history-proven accessory that will enhance your manual shift driving experience. The typical throw on the Porsche is about 5” from first to second. The B&M will take that down to about 3”. It’s a direct bolt-in replacement for your factory shifter. One big difference is you will eliminate the plastic housing and bushings from Porsche, and install the B&M machined bushings for a long-life, high quality shift experience. You reuse your standard boot and shift ****. Ask around, you’ll find plenty of folks have installed this, and it’s the best bang for the buck for improved driving experience.

Again, no obligation in advance. Just email us your interest, mention the November Group Buy, the products you want and your name, and we’ll notify you after the 23rd for the purchase. If you are interested at that time, buy the items for the discounted group buy price, and we’ll begin shipping right away.

Prior sales not applicable.

Thanks again!

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you with a CDR-23, here's an interesting email exchange that I had with Dension Tech support:

-----------------------
You state that the product (BT1500) would only work on PCM type head units. By selecting disc 6 / track 6, I get to use handsfree with my iPhone without issue. You only have to take / close the call by using the phone instead of a button on your head unit.
Just FYI. JP
----------------------
Dension's reply:
Thank you for your feedback. We actually know this, but since the functionality is very limited without the text display, we don't recommend it and don't advertise it as compatible.
Best regards,
Dension Support Team
www.dension.com
----------------------------

I am very happy with the (limited) capabilities of the BT1500 and can recommend it to anyone.

JP
Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Very much aware of your CDR experience, and we've had a few installers tweak the setup to do this....and appreciate your expertise in doing this and reaching out for others.

We just carry forward on the Dension recommendation for BTA that PCM is needed. Of course, what others decide to do, all the better if it works for them. It's just not a supported mode of operation.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in the Denison Gateway 500 with the BTA1500 Bluetooth adapter. However, I've been reading about firmware issues with this. Have the issues been resolved? If so, could you give the approximate cost for this?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The discounted selling prices are on our Order page, but this group buy will likely be a savings beyond those already reduced prices.

If anyone has issues and they bought from us, they simply email us. What we've seen over the past three years have been a minimal number of issues, mostly related to flawed installations or missing programming steps (all covered in our detailed instructions), but few issues with the units or firmware.

There are spotty issues for the iPhone on Bluetooth, but we've narrowed this down and know it's a flaw in the iPhone. Dension has been working hard on a workaround since Apple has not tackled it....

Beyond that, very few issues.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy

We just carry forward on the Dension recommendation for BTA that PCM is needed. Of course, what others decide to do, all the better if it works for them. It's just not a supported mode of operation.

Thanks!
But it still doesn't 'work' with PCM! The PCMs in the 996TT 2004-2005 is not 'phone ready' and therefore still will not work, right?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:47 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eric...what is the "flaw " in the iphone. I have a 2008 C2 with phone button. i am interested in "ipodding and BT'ing my car and would like to know of any known problems with iphone
Old 11-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Adam - it 'can' work with pcm and non pcm head units, if tweaked and an installer or customer wants to hack around with it. But the development team specifically set it up to function fully through PCM systems that have to have the telephone on/off buttons on them.

Steve - the solution is out, and our BTA units in stock now have a workaround in their firmware to hopefully resolve the flaw in the iPhone that made outbound volume an issue.

Again, anyone interested please email me to get on this group buy list (no obligation) since we're going to close it out very soon.

info@bumperplugs.com

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Put me down for a short shift kit!

Email sent.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Less than one week to go until this closes....if you are not already on the list, EMAIL me immediately!

First rounders have already ordered and received some of their group buy product.

info@bumperplugs.com

Give me full name, and we'll get you the details within a few days!

Thanks.

Quick Reply: NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER Dension & B&M Group Buy!