Sponsored by:

Lloyds floor mats.......issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 04:07 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts
Default Lloyds floor mats.......issue

Bought a new set from Automotion.com/Performance products http://www.automotion.com/dept.asp?dept_id=4810&level=9. The mats themselves were nicely done and seem to be of good quality but the fasteners that hold them in place are not. They snap in place as they should but step in and out of the car 2 or 3 times and the mat is loose and has moved 4-5" forward. I got a PM from an other member with the same issue so it's not an isolated thing.

Called Perf. products and explained the problem. They in turn called Lloyds in California who said they need to have the mats shipped there to figure out how this can be fixed. So the end result here was an offer by Lloyds to take a look at this and then decide what if anything can be done......after I ship the mats to them on my nickel. Thanks but I think I'll pass. I already paid them $135 for the mats and now they want another $20 plus 2 hours of my time so they can figure out what they screwed up in the first place? I have a better solution, at least for myself: Reposition the defective mats by hand until they wear out and then get a different brand.
Attached Images   
Old 10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Those mats do not have the velcro attachment. Their attachment method is unacceptable. OEM mats are just fine (and on sale now at Suncoast).
Old 10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Lloyds makes a clip system for their mats. It appears you're not using them. They are highly effective.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:42 PM
CayenneS2083
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Lloyds mats with the clip system and they are held down perfectly, I love them.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:15 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

id just stitch some velcro to the back to work with oem spots... or buy oem's from suncoast.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:22 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Lloyds makes a clip system for their mats. It appears you're not using them. They are highly effective.
I am using them (please read my post again: but the fasteners that hold them in place are not. They snap in place as they should but....). They are highly ineffective imo.....at least the clip system delivered with my mats.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if I’d continue to use the Lloyd mats if you’re having difficulties with them staying in place, as this could be very dangerous while driving. I, too, have heard of the issue that you describe.

Perhaps you should consider switching brands. As noted earlier in this thread, Suncoast is running amazing deals at the moment on OEM floor mats (see http://www.e-partssales.com/miva//me...y_Code=997mats). They also have extended their lineup of Porsche-branded rubber floor mats.

Regardless, given the dangers posed by sliding floor mats, I’d encourage you to return them to Lloyd for troubleshooting. Given that at least some have indicated similar experiences, perhaps a batch of mats with defective clip systems evaded quality control and made it into the marketplace. Your efforts could be very helpful to the company and its customers. Of course, I’d request that Lloyd at least pick up the shipping tab.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i honestly think it was nice of them to offer to fix the issue, would have been nicer for them to cover all costs, but still that offer is better than most would do.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:41 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

For the record in case someone isn't familiar.......this is what the clip system looks like (the same system that it appears I'm not using ). Again, the two pieces attach to each other as they should but don't hold together.
Attached Images   
Old 10-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I am using them (please read my post again: but the fasteners that hold them in place are not. They snap in place as they should but....). They are highly ineffective imo.....at least the clip system delivered with my mats.
Did you bolt them down to the seats? Or are the buckles/clips failing to stay joined? Mine have worked fine.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Did you bolt them down to the seats? Or are the buckles/clips failing to stay joined? Mine have worked fine.
They're bolted down exactly per the instructions but that's not where the problem is anyway. The barbs on the male portion of the attachment are to wimpy. Once inserted and snapped in place I can pull it back out with ease using two fingers.
Attached Images  

Last edited by sandwedge; 10-25-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

I'm with you now. I guess I have been lucky. But then, I don't routinely run with the Lloyds. I went with what I have always considered the best aftermarket mat for a Porsche--CoComats.

They are highly durable, and rather heavy. They will NEVER slip on you. I can assure you of that. Look on line for them. The quality of them lately is way better than what was made back in the 1970s.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not return them for a refund?!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:03 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

First of all, you are right . If it were me I go down to the garage and try a creative solution to the problem and not loose sleep over it. Nothing a well placed screw couldn't fix.
Your solution is to insert a small rubber piece to keep some tension on those forks or to file the base of the tips so that it hooks rather then slip when you pull them apart. Then again you can make a big mess, brake it , and then for sure they will not refund you anything.
abe
Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PHDX2
Of course, I’d request that Lloyd at least pick up the shipping tab.
They won't. I asked....very politely and the answer is no.

Quick Reply: Lloyds floor mats.......issue