Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Vivid Racing | Agency Power Roll Bar for 997 Carerra, GT3, & Turbo

Agency Power Roll Bar
w/Harness and Diagonal Bar

Porsche 997 Carrera, GT3, & Turbo

Safety is the number 1 priority in any high horsepower or track vehicle. Since the release of the Porsche 997, there's been a limited availability of quality roll bars on the market. Agency Power has worked with Vivid Racing to develop the best fitting and functional roll bar available for the Porsche 997 Carrera, GT3, and Turbo vehicles.

Needing a roll bar for our Project 997 Turbo, we wanted to have something that would provide us the ultimate in protection but also be functional for those days where you needed the back seats. Unlike other roll bars we have used in the past on our Project 996 Turbo, there is no drilling required. This roll bar is a direct fit using the factory seat belt mounting points with the CNC machined bushings included. To 1-UP the competition, Agency Power have added functionality by creating a separate removable diagonal and harness bar.

The harness bar is essential for those at the track running their 4 or 5 point harnesses to keep them secured in the seat. The diagonal bar is added safety for roll over accidents and together they add rigidity to the chassis. However both these are removable to provide full functionality of the rear seats. Each bar is independent of each other mounting securely in place with the hardware provided. Another factor added in production of this roll bar is a lower height for easy installation and clearance on sunroof vehicles. Other companies roll bars are really designed for non sunroof cars or full track applications. As we found out testing another product, this hits your headliner causing damage to the beautiful suede interior.

Once installed, there is plenty of room to recline the seat or even move it backwards for the taller drivers. These bars meet safety regulations required by most event associations. To build these roll bars, a CNC precision mandrel bender was used to create the basic hoop shape which fits all Porsche 997 Turbo, Carrera, and GT3 models. The 1.5" diameter 1010 steel bars are robotically welded together. These roll bars are made exclusively for Vivid Racing by Agency Power and available in Black or Silver for immediate shipping. Custom colors can be done for an additional fee of $100. This item ships via oversized freight and includes all hardware needed for installation.

Call, PM, Email, or AIM for Pricing!

Last edited by evolvedaz; 08-03-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
kw_1055
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will it fit a 997 cab?
If yes, is it high enough to pass the broom test?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:53 PM
macleod
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you run a 6 point harness with the 997 GT3 seats and this rollbar?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Thius roll bar is usless with those seats...you need seats that can accept 6 point harness.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:44 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Worse than useless, downright dangerous. If you try to use harnesses with those seats 1) You won't be allowed on the track and 2) if you snuck on you'd be taking your life in your hands. Bars and harnesses only work with seats set-up for 6 points and the only Porsche product for our cars I know of is the Sport Bucket (GT2) seats, which I have in my car.

Note, this thread started as an ad from a former vender. I was going to delete it, but this is a good safety thread now on how not to set up seats / harnesses / roll bar.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Thius roll bar is usless with those seats...you need seats that can accept 6 point harness.
I'm not defending the vendor here, but I don't think the roll bar is quite useless, it will still serve as a roll bar. I agree you shouldn't even THINK about 6-pt harnesses without the right seats, but it still provides roll-over protection, right?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

there were several discussions about that, proper roll bar has to be secured in rear to strut bolts and in front to plates that get bolted to the car`s floor, metal to metal, not get bolted to stock seat belt holes.
some say DE rules do not enforce that, PCA DE docs say that club racing rules must be used for DEs (which do enforce all that written above) - I would say that anyone who buys a roll bar should probably do some discovery and decide for himself what to choose.

From what I was told roll bar that sits on seat belt bolts brakes off them during rollover and can do very serious damage to your head/body plus it does not stiffen up car much. essentially a brey krause 1030 harness bar is less dangerous and does all the same for less money.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
macleod
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sorry it was a typo. I meant the GT2 seats.

I am trying to find the easiest way to get a 6 point harness in my car (997.1 S). I'm not sure quite sure where to look though and thought I would ask in this thread because it seemed like a simple solution.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing | Agency Power Roll Bar for 997 Carerra, GT3, & Turbo