997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ventilated Seats - love them.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009 | 08:17 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Minok...you're going to need them this week! I see your area is going to have record heat! You can put them to good use. I use mine all the time. It does help, but not when it's 95 and 100% humidity!
Old 07-27-2009 | 05:57 PM
Minok
Drifting

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
How does the fan pull air down through the seat leather and eject it out the back of the seat when all the perforations in the seat are covered with one big fat backside?
If you are wearing natural fiber clothes like cotton.. it works really well. The fan pulls air through the holes. By virtue of your or my big fat butt sitting on those holes, the fan thus pulls the air around and over the outside of your pants/shirt, and partly through the material of the clothes. That causes the cooling effect by evaporating away any perspiration.

As for the heated seats, I love those too. They warm my lower back and me much more quickly than the cars heating. With the heated seats, driving with the roof open in the cooler winter months is quite enjoyable.
Old 03-07-2010 | 12:14 AM
TexOne
Intermediate

Default Ventilated seats - anyone know cost of the seats, to add them to an earlier car?

Could ventilated seats be added to a 987 Boxster? Anyone know the cost of the seats or any challenges in installing them? Thanks.
Old 03-07-2010 | 07:55 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

I would imagine it might be relatively expensive to convert. You would have to buy the seats, then solve the issue of wiring the seats so the ventilation can be activated. Since Porsche builds wiring harnesses specifically for each car, the necessary wiring will not be present in your current car. I could not find the cost the the ventilated seats, but I am guessing it would cost you $5K++ to retrofit the seats.

Seat Ventilation
Old 12-05-2011 | 06:33 PM
alexstjo
Track Day

I love them too. But does anyone else find that they don't offer much lumbar support? I need to do something to add support to these seats? Has anyone figured something out or am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2011 | 07:28 PM
sparks259
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What year did they become available?
Wonder if they can be retro-fitted to an older car, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-05-2011 | 07:34 PM
sparks259
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What was the first year the seats were offered?
Old 12-05-2011 | 10:51 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 12-05-2011 | 10:59 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

I took delivery last week of a 997 C4S with black ventilated seats. The seats have marks on them that look like water streaks or stains. I searched and found others with this same exact problem, but nobody has listed a fix that I can find.

Has anybody else experienced this? If you have suggestions for a type of leather cream or cleaner I would greatly appreciate it. I tried Griot's leather spray, not the cream but the spray which is a light conditioner/cleaner and it made it even worse.

It is driving me crazy because the passenger seat looks as if it has a huge stain right down the backrest.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2011 | 12:26 AM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Originally Posted by fusion85
Being a dentist, I use the seat heaters @ the end of the day to burn through my spasming back muscles.

Aaaaaah.
YES! They can be very therapeutic!
I wouldn't have a P-Car without the heated & ventilated seats.
Old 12-06-2011 | 11:13 AM
mander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
I took delivery last week of a 997 C4S with black ventilated seats. The seats have marks on them that look like water streaks or stains. I searched and found others with this same exact problem, but nobody has listed a fix that I can find.

Has anybody else experienced this? If you have suggestions for a type of leather cream or cleaner I would greatly appreciate it. I tried Griot's leather spray, not the cream but the spray which is a light conditioner/cleaner and it made it even worse.

It is driving me crazy because the passenger seat looks as if it has a huge stain right down the backrest.

Thanks in advance.
I had this problem since new. Dealer "cleaned" the seats and problem is now gone and has not recurred. They were originally going to charge me $140 but I balked saying it was a problem since new and thus a warranty issue. They then picked up the cost.
Old 12-06-2011 | 12:39 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

The ventilated seats work ok, but not nearly as well as actively cooled seats. I tried some in another car a few months ago, really cooled you off fast. On our seats, you can run the ventilation with the seat heater on, which works really well. Warm, but not sweaty.
Old 12-06-2011 | 01:27 PM
PCC
Instructor

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
The ventilated seats work ok, but not nearly as well as actively cooled seats. I tried some in another car a few months ago, really cooled you off fast. On our seats, you can run the ventilation with the seat heater on, which works really well. Warm, but not sweaty.
I agree completely. They don't work great. I have a Cab. If the roof is down they are useless. Roof up - they are slightly better than not having them. I drove a Ford rental car with "actively cooled seats" .. they really worked great - I was shockedr. The P Car's ventilated seats are better than std seats ... but not sure I'd look to retro fit or consider them an essential option ... just my $0.02
Old 12-09-2011 | 08:00 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Davidoconn

Thanks in advance.
Keep us posted on stains , I have same in my 2011 Cayman also with black ventilated seats.
Old 12-09-2011 | 08:38 AM
CBnAT
Pro

Holy 2009 thread revival batman

Ventilated seats, just another track luxury . . .

Here in the humid south, I love them. I wish they would add the option to the sport seats though, that would be ideal for me. I like the tighter fit.

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seats - love them.