Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ventilated Seats - love them.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
peterm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about heated steering wheel --another stupid option youd never select until you have a car with it and then cant live without it!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They are not stupid options, they are options that are highly useful for drivers in very select climates.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:17 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by peterm
how about heated steering wheel --another stupid option youd never select until you have a car with it and then cant live without it!
+1 Had one on an Audi I had when we lived in Montana. Would heat up even faster than the seats, great being able to drive without gloves on when it's 30 below.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
peterm
Racer

I should correctly say these are options I would have though were stupid until I had them. Now I see if I can get them on all new cars we purchase. Stupid was not recognizing there value before!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 PM
JLHendrix
Instructor

Originally Posted by mander
I had this problem since new. Dealer "cleaned" the seats and problem is now gone and has not recurred. They were originally going to charge me $140 but I balked saying it was a problem since new and thus a warranty issue. They then picked up the cost.
I also had what looked like stains or discoloration on certain areas of my 2011
C2 ventilated seats. I have a hypothesis about this. These are not stains they are areas where prior cleaning and conditioning solutions have coated the tiny sidewalls of the perforations. If you go over the seats several times evenly with a good conditioner, it will even out the appearance because the exposed leather on the wall of the little punture gets darkened. Overtime this may lighten up again just as a buckskin shoe leather will absorb oil and lighten as it dries out. Warning: do not put heavy cream conditioner on the seats or at least not very often because this will clog the pores of your seats and obstruct the airflow. John
Old 12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

One issue about vented seats that requires caution is that the leather is fundamentally weaker due to the perforations. Don't over-treat the leather.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Originally Posted by JLHendrix
I also had what looked like stains or discoloration on certain areas of my 2011
C2 ventilated seats. I have a hypothesis about this. These are not stains they are areas where prior cleaning and conditioning solutions have coated the tiny sidewalls of the perforations. If you go over the seats several times evenly with a good conditioner, it will even out the appearance because the exposed leather on the wall of the little punture gets darkened. Overtime this may lighten up again just as a buckskin shoe leather will absorb oil and lighten as it dries out. Warning: do not put heavy cream conditioner on the seats or at least not very often because this will clog the pores of your seats and obstruct the airflow. John
Thanks. I will give it a shot.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 447 Posts

I wonder if it is a retrofitable option? Anyone know?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Minok
Drifting

If it is, and you wanted OEM, it would be expensive.
New full seats + wiring and switches in the console.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
Thanks. I will give it a shot.
Just received this email from the Service Manager at my Porsche Dealer, who had seen the spotting on my ventilated seats, and was interfacing with Porsche NA about how to resolve it:

"Mr. _____. I have just talked to the Porsche District Service who told me there is a specialized cleaning process for these seats that will resolve the spotting issue. It is something we will do here and is covered by Porsche. He told me they have been very successful in remedying the issue."

Hope this helps someone else.

YoungTurk
Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are amazing....the firmness of leather with the ventilation of fabric.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Just received this email from the Service Manager at my Porsche Dealer, who had seen the spotting on my ventilated seats, and was interfacing with Porsche NA about how to resolve it:

"Mr. _____. I have just talked to the Porsche District Service who told me there is a specialized cleaning process for these seats that will resolve the spotting issue. It is something we will do here and is covered by Porsche. He told me they have been very successful in remedying the issue."

Hope this helps someone else.

YoungTurk
Did they issue a tsb? My dealer just says it is normal, nothing can be done.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidoconn
Did they issue a tsb? My dealer just says it is normal, nothing can be done.
Do you have the spotting too? Wasn't told anything about a TSB, but I'll be happy to post here what the service receipt says. I'm curious to know the name of the cleaning product that they're going to use.

YoungTurk
Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Do you have the spotting too? Wasn't told anything about a TSB, but I'll be happy to post here what the service receipt says. I'm curious to know the name of the cleaning product that they're going to use.

YoungTurk
Sure do. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Minok
Drifting

Well, if its a cleaning method that is the one to use on ventilated seats, I'd hope Porsche tells the owners what that method is (vs just the dealers)... so we can clean our own seats the best way possible.

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seats - love them.