Old 07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Program is:
"The Porsche Moment Program"

Now thru Sept 30
I keep hearing "Moment of Truth" when I read that. Maybe it is....
Old 07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Could somebody provide the July residual values? Thanks in advance...
Old 07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Just my $.02 worth, live below your means, and never buy a new car unless you're worth at least $1M liquid.[/QUOTE]

Puhleeez.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
July same as June
Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Did a search and couldn't find June residuals. Specifically for a C2S manual @ 10k miles/year, if anybody knows. TIA.

Edit: For a coupe, potentially in the next week. Car I ordered before Christmas for February build is finally at the port (don't get me started). Without an incentive I had no interest in a 2009 at this point in the model year, but if the money is right I will reconsider.

Last edited by Alan Smithee; 07-07-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

...yawn....

Even with the bigger sale incentives in May, many dealers were not so willing to part with inventory at bargain prices. I'm not looking to lease, but WAS interested in buying new. The chase was fun, the negotiating was ok, but in the end, the dealers I was dealing with would rather pay floor plan for a few months than discount the cars where they should have been.

Oh well, I've lost interest as a result, and will enjoy the C4S Cab (flawless) for a while longer. Someday.....someday.....

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Amazing in about 7 hours not one of the "contributors" could respond with an actual number that you could for planning purposes.

Of course, that has been my complaint all along; their (salesmen, who are not salesmen) MO is the less information you have then the easier it is to control the situation. My approach would be to educate the buyer and then appeal to his sense of decency.. everyone has to make a living!

I don't have the exact numbers and I am not sure whether you are referring to a Cab or a C2S. There is approximately a 2% difference in residuals, the Cab being lower.

An answer that the residuals are the same in July as they were in June is about as useful as "**** on a boar". You can do a lot of calculations with that answer.

For planning purposes use 53-54% on a C2S and 51-52% on a C2S Cab, that won't be so far off (so as the break the bank), and I will check with my local friendly Dealer tomorrow.

Hopefully Alfie (our Rennlist Sponsor) will chime in with the real numbers. He generally provides useful information, wants to sell cars and doesn't pretend otherwise.

If you must buy outside your area, Alfie has for years worked hard to earn business, and has been helpful to me on occasions.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Pogue, Looks like you assume the people here who are nice enough to offer real information should snap to attention whenever a question is tossed out there huh? You really make me laugh. I took a glance at the question before I walked out of the showroom and it appeared as he knew what June’s numbers were from the way the question was posed. NO, I was not going to post a reply asking what model, what transmission, what time frame and what mileage he wanted residuals for then wait till he posted his specific needs. Pogue you’ve got a real chip on your shoulder and “reading between the lines” as you like to believe means something on a public forum, I would say you got taken to the cleaners a number of times by a lot of different salespeople and you still carry a grudge.

I don’t seek sales from this board, on the other hand I am happy to provide info for people to use to make sure they get a deal they're happy with.

You sir, appear to be a pretty crotchety guy who seriously believes that sales people, like myself, who are not seeking prospects here and provide info just because it’s a good thing to do for the community should KYA here.

I took the position with Porsche because I have a passion for the product and fortunately I am in a position to take the time to decide whether or not I want to pursue the business as my next career or not.

To whomever posted the residual question: tomorrow afternoon when I get in if no one has answered you specifically I'll get them for you, no strings attached. “For planning purposes” I suggest you don’t waste time using what someone who is not giving you accurate info posts here, especially since you were not model, transmission, timeframe and mileage specific.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for the record, Trader is the real deal...an honest stand up guy, which is refreshing and not so common these days. And that comes from a guy who did not buy from him. I did recently contact the Greenwich dealer and was treated poorly by phone and was scoffed at when I made a phone offer on a car similarly configured to another 2009 C2. It was friday late afternoon and i was quoted numbers on a car that did not reflect the Porsche moment that Trader had already made me aware of. Earlier in the week, i spoke to one of the new country salesmen. I told him i would buy his car if he did it at the same price as another dealer...the cars were identical except for color. I got the typical story about how much the car cost them and that my offer was less than they had into the car etc etc. So as a result they lost a sale.

Interestingly, i did not buy the other 2009 either, but did buy a 2008 CPO car from a dealer in florida...so dealers making the arguments about internet offers and kids on iphones and other "Trollers" on the internet should take heed...the internet is the way of the future, even for buying Porsche cars.

The truth is out there and the saavy buyer will find it, and even share it on the web. Flame away, but it is funny to note that the posts and threads getting the most reads/visits are those on topics of buying/selling...so the interest is there.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Steve, thanks for the kind words and despite my best efforts you opted for a car I didnt have it was still a lot of fun working with you! I'll stay in touch. We had a nice weekend in p-ville maybe one of these times when I am down we can catch a beverage.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trader220
Pogue, Looks like you assume the people here who are nice enough to offer real information should snap to attention whenever a question is tossed out there huh? You really make me laugh. I took a glance at the question before I walked out of the showroom and it appeared as he knew what June’s numbers were from the way the question was posed. NO, I was not going to post a reply asking what model, what transmission, what time frame and what mileage he wanted residuals for then wait till he posted his specific needs. Pogue you’ve got a real chip on your shoulder and “reading between the lines” as you like to believe means something on a public forum, I would say you got taken to the cleaners a number of times by a lot of different salespeople and you still carry a grudge.

I don’t seek sales from this board, on the other hand I am happy to provide info for people to use to make sure they get a deal they're happy with.

You sir, appear to be a pretty crotchety guy who seriously believes that sales people, like myself, who are not seeking prospects here and provide info just because it’s a good thing to do for the community should KYA here.

I took the position with Porsche because I have a passion for the product and fortunately I am in a position to take the time to decide whether or not I want to pursue the business as my next career or not.

To whomever posted the residual question: tomorrow afternoon when I get in if no one has answered you specifically I'll get them for you, no strings attached. “For planning purposes” I suggest you don’t waste time using what someone who is not giving you accurate info posts here, especially since you were not model, transmission, timeframe and mileage specific.
Well, at least I spurred you to action, so now the OP has a time frame and hope for an answer.

If you had been straight up in the first place, you could have said something like the following;-

"I am on my way out the door, not sure of what exactly you are asking, but I will check tomorrow and post details, if no one has responded"

Or you you could have asked " which model, mileage, term" (even though we all know the Porsche Moment maximizes at 36 months )

With the above answer(s) the OP would have been satisfied and optimistic.

Your original response speaks for itself! "**** on a boar".

Don't worry about appeasing me! And for planning purposes I hope the OP finds the information I provided in the ballpark. We'll see how it measures up when you (who is not here looking for sales) enlightens us.

It seems you are versed in "Dealerspeak", and part of that is pretending otherwise. Your red herrings are obvious!!

"me thinks you do protest too much"
Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Trader220
Race Car

The more you post the more I laugh at you. Your paranoia grows with each post and it’s so very clear you were smoked by some or many sales people and you’re so very bitter.

What part of my not being interested in sticking around to clarify what he was looking for did you have an issue understanding? Note where I clearly said I was not going to stick around and ask him which specific numbers he needed… Yet somehow that escaped you and you suggest I should have done just that. Now I am the big bad sales guy and every thing I say should not be trusted because I am out to screw every single person I can despite the fact I am not prospecting here and I have helped quite a few others here get fair deals from dealers and sales people I don’t even know.

Gee did you ever think maybe he’s not doing a Porsche Moment deal or he didn’t know that the Porsche Moment was for a 36 month. Hey maybe he wanted to do a 24 month Porsche Moment lease, gee we just don’t know.

I also get a hearty laugh out of you speaking for the OP and knowing for sure what would have made the OP satisfied and optimistic that’s really hysterical. You are a bitter bitter man and you’re just lashing out at any sales person who dares to post here. ROTFLMA yea you’re a mind reader and you knew exactly what the OP wanted and you’re sure I am out to screw him and give him bad information and speak with a forked tongue.

Now read this slowly. I am not prospecting here, I don’t make a single dime in commission on any car I sell. If you have trouble understanding that ask someone else for help. LOL
Old 07-07-2009, 01:12 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^

Hey, I am just the "average punter" so enlighten me with specific information; not innuendo, assumptions or preconceived notions or half baked intelligence (otherwise I might start to assume why you are not a trader anymore).

Don't make it personal towards me, so your next post should be a table (you do understand matrices?) of the various residuals. It ain't rocket science.

Interesting that you didn't have the wherewithal or time to address the OP but you seem to have enough time and energy to respond to me. Are you trying to make me a strawman so you can obfuscate?

I am not in the market. I responded to the Porsche appeal in May and bought a car from the Dealer (they made me an offer and I took it, no negotiation) last month. That probably surprises you! Yes, I took the offer without any negotiation. There are great Dealers and sales guy out there, even some who admit that they need the business.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
Well, at least I spurred you to action, so now the OP has a time frame and hope for an answer.

With the above answer(s) the OP would have been satisfied and optimistic.

Don't worry about appeasing me! And for planning purposes I hope the OP finds the information I provided in the ballpark.

Interesting that you didn't have the wherewithal or time to address the OP but you seem to have enough time and energy to respond to me. Are you trying to make me a strawman so you can obfuscate?
This ain't Mayberry and Opie doesn't live here. The Opening Poster in this thread is MJones. The poster who hijacked the thread with his question, whom you're apparently alluding to, is Alan Smithee, so it would help everyone else following along whom it is you're referring to. That is all.

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
"me thinks you do protest too much"
Huh? Who you quoting, yourself? If you think you're quoting Shakespeare, I've got news for you, you ain't. So drop the pretense if you're hoping for credibility. There's nothing worse than putting on airs when trying to make a case.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when it comes down to it, ""We should be woo'd and were not made to woo."

pretentious? i hardly think so. but in any regard, at least nobody's quoted stoppie

Quick Reply: Programs are back !!!