Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeling the Porsche hate lately? .... Hey Douche!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Nope....

Nope it was the bankers sorry.... My company puts stress on me to produce as well but I am not faulsifying docs, reporting inaccurate numbers, lieing, misleading, and so forth to deliver. Instead I work harder.... In this market I have to work twice as hard for half the business until things turn around... a concept a banker would never understand. Are you really suggesting the bankers are in the clear no matter how they acted just because they had some pressure to deliver some big returns? Come on....

PS: There are some great people in the banking buisness, but all in all the bankers had a HUGE role in putting a hurting on the people of this world.....

Originally Posted by mooty
there seems to be some confusion here. bankers didn't bring down the econ. it's the greedy investors who demanded double digit returns from their bankers that brought down the econ. i tell my investors if they want more than 5% annual return, take their money else where. i wont manage it for them. zero leverage zero risk very very low return.

high leverage, big return, CDO, CMBS, MBS, and other ABS and derivatives are created to satisfy NOT the bankers but the greedy investors.

back to topic. those young kids who yelled "douche" and some such will never amount to much and rest assured they will never drive a porsche. so dont bother with them. when i was making $4/hour, i looked at the nice cars and worked harder so i can perhaps one day have one. calling the hard working ppl who drives porsches/ferrari's aint gonna help advance the perp's fortune.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had nothing but kind comments. Usually the nature of "Nice Car," and usually when I have the top down or am getting in or out of the car.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:03 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a guy yell at me that my car was not a "real" Porsche.

He was riding an old ten speed bike, and was bare chested....

I laughed my *** off.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm taking my CAB on a road trip next week, and running into idiots is definitely a concern. There are those who will simply yell stuff, some will chase you down for intimidation, others will actually vandalize your nice ride, or go as far as to cause you bodily harm.
Either way, I carry a gun and welcome the concept of natural selection should things get out of hand and my safety be comprised.

It's disgusting that we live in a country where people are penalized for success and rewarded for failure. Planing a road trip in a nice car takes some thought to avoid trouble. Thanks to all the those who voted for Obama, enjoying the finer things in life is now shameful.
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by todd.
I'm taking my CAB on a road trip next week, and running into idiots is definitely a concern. There are those who will simply yell stuff, some will chase you down for intimidation, others will actually vandalize your nice ride, or go as far as to cause you bodily harm.
Either way, I carry a gun and welcome the concept of natural selection should things get out of hand and my safety be comprised.

It's disgusting that we live in a country where people are penalized for success and rewarded for failure. Planing a road trip in a nice car takes some thought to avoid trouble. Thanks to all the those who voted for Obama, enjoying the finer things in life is now shameful.
I have a LTC also, That piece you have is hard to conceal

ps.. I didn't vote for him, but our state sure did, including cow hampshire

Last edited by Sweeper; 06-08-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: more
Old 06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
peterm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scares me that you flaunt carrying a weapon and consider using it- Most of the people I know who carry do so discretely and for their own defensive protection, not advertising it to others.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give it a rest. Go rant on the political forum if you want to drag the conversation down with such ridiculous generalizations.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ds2k1
Give it a rest. Go rant on the political forum if you want to drag the conversation down with such ridiculous generalizations.
+1
Old 06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It's not just the USA or Obama
http://izismile.com/2009/03/02/luxur...y_16_pics.html
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Last week motoring about PDX in my new PDK equipped Cayman cab, a male teenager yelled at me "nice car" , I responded with a sincere, "thank u".
Old 06-08-2009, 03:14 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Last week motoring about PDX in my new PDK equipped Cayman cab, a male teenager yelled at me "nice car" , I responded with a sincere, "thank u".
Yeah, thankfully positive responses are far more common than negative.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:14 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was happening to me during the Bush years when the right wing was bashing Europe and all things there from... and every true believer was a big, bad *** kicker tuning into Lush Rimjob on the AM radio. "Freedom" fries? Hmmm.

Obama's the catalyst? With $4 million in income and Ivy League papers? That doesn't make sense. The Lush Rimjob hate machine? Now, that makes sense.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only time I've gotten dirty looks is when I'm passing someone in the right lane. Yes I shouldn't do that but when someone is driving 65 in the left lane with a mile of cars behind them what are you supposed to do?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Got that right....play the haves against the have nots.
abe

Originally Posted by nyca
You are living in a country where any measure of success, is being demonized from the highest levels of government. What do you expect.

Last edited by abe; 07-18-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:41 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick Reply: Feeling the Porsche hate lately? .... Hey Douche!