Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Lingerie nose bras now available for '09 (997.2)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Speed Lingerie nose bras now available for '09 (997.2)

I just found out that Speed Lingerie is now making nose bras and side mirror covers for the 997.2. They cost more than other brands but they are far better products, extremely well tailored using high-quality fasteners.

They just sent me photos of their new 997.2 mold which I am posting below. These products are available in all Porsche colors and are excellent color matches. The photos are obviously not color matched (except the side mirrors), to show several color shades.

I have used clear bras in the past and I decided no more. They typically cost 2x what the Speed Lingerie costs, age rapidly and when hit (and they get hit) just look terrible and need to be replaced. For me Speed Lingerie it is.

Note: I am not affiliated with the company. Just a satisfied customer.

-
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

who runs bra's anymore? after u remove it just ruins the paint 10x more than it would without it and 5 minutes of care a week.

just my 2 cents.. maybe you have a better reason but here we have "love bugs" which are pretty much sent from hell and they suck but 5 mins of wiping and they come off.. if i had a bra.. the sand and etc gets trapped between and literally "sands" the paint off...
Old 05-26-2009, 07:24 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
who runs bra's anymore? after u remove it just ruins the paint 10x more than it would without it and 5 minutes of care a week.
I use them all the time. No problems - always a perfect spot-free nose.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Verde
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also endorse the SpeedLingerie bra's and mirror covers. I have one on my 2005 997S (it's for sale - see below) and on my Ford GT. They don't ruin the paint at all, are breathable, durable and fit amazingly well. It's a bit of work to get them on and off due to the exacting fit but no flapping and they do a great job of protecting the finish.
The reason I'm selling my Porsche bra is that I just replaced the bumper with a GT3 piece and so the bra no longer fits. The car is Carrera White if anyone is interested. (and hope I'm not violating the site terms by citing this).
Old 05-26-2009, 07:44 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
.. the sand and etc gets trapped between and literally "sands" the paint off...
Absolutely.

Originally Posted by OCBen
Basically the main drawback to using these bras (besides the ugly factor) is that precisely because they can be removed and put on at will they are not airtight (i.e. hermetically sealing) like the clear bras. Which means that when dirt particles get trapped under the bra they can act like sand granules and scratch away at your paint over time as the wind buffets the relatively loose fitting bra against the paint at highway speeds. ... Ask me how I know.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ml#post2952328
Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
bought a car with high quality bra on and when i removed i was like :-O !!!! grit had gotten in there (tiniest bit) and from car vibrations/etc it basically was like rubbing the car with 80 grit sandpaper in area's... had to have entire front repainted...

these are def much better made and seem to seal tighter.. just please make note nothing is 'sealed" i would personally opt over a clear bra on entire bumper but i know people prefer bra's...

this is not an attack on you.. or your personal preference but just a note of my personal preference..
Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what Ben says.

i don't like the way any of them look, and while i won't question your reported experience, they don't seem to work that well to me.

to each their own...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Thegman
Banned

I have a SpeedLingerie Slate Gray Metallic bra and mirror bras for sale. They will fit a 997-1. I just bought a new car and now they are for sale. $350.00 firm. Send me a pm if interested.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Sadiq
Pro

do you also put plastic on your furniture?

Quick Reply: Speed Lingerie nose bras now available for '09 (997.2)