Pics of new speedlingerie bra

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of new speedlingerie bra

Finally I can drive my car after 3 weeks of sitting in the garage
A speed lingerie bra arrived last night after about 2 weeks, one day after a black colgan bra arrived (that took 3+ weeks). The colgan is the standard black variety and easy to fit.

The speed longerie is carmon red. it looks lighter in the pics but is actually a fairly good match in person. Fitting it was a bear, though. I think it probably took 45 minutes of fighting it and trying to stretching it across the bumper. But it is very well made and does fit well once I got it in position. It sat out all day in the Tx sun which is recommended so it starts to conform to the bumper. Should be much easier the next time around, especially since i now know how it works.

So, if you have patience, I can recommend the speed lingerie route vs. colgan. It's a bit pricey but doesn't stand out like the colgan (which I'll use on long road trips since it goes over the fenders)

It is impossible to find a 997 bra; you have to order it direct from Colgan. Porsche doesn't stock them like the 996's, etc. Their customer service was crappy and their manual is a washed out xerox copy that is not readable. I'm glad the bra is of good quality.
The speed lingerie experience was better and a very good quality

no affialiation, just a plain 'ol customer.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:50 PM
ojpimpson
Banned

Default Look like ****?

Sorry That looks like ****.Why not A clearbra?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

I have a clearbra on the boxster and it stands out like sore thumb. don't like it and it's semi-permanent. plus it doesn't standup to larger rocks
this I can take off at will
to each his own
Old 04-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Snoopy
Racer

How often will you actually take it off though given that you didn't want to drive the car without it? It seems like some of the clear bras and clear bra workmanship that you can get can be terrific. OC Ben has posted quite a bit about the various films that can be used -- might want to check it out.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Just becareful with the bra when the car is in the sun... you will notice that the paint under your bumper will look different then the rest of the car.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:26 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

That thing will really damage the paint underneath and I agree it looks like SH*T...sorry.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

yeah, I know a lot of folks don't like bras-any kind. But it sure work for me. My 996 had one everywhere it went -including leaving the dealer when i bought it. And, the front was perfect.
you just need to be careful (ala Riad), use some tape at strategic spots and always take it off when wet.
The boxster looked terrible with hundreds of rock chips. I had the front re-sprayed and the clear bra put on. sorry i did the clear bra
Oh yeah, fogrot to say my cars are concours pca cars- hence being ****
ugly is ok
Old 04-07-2006, 10:39 PM
ojpimpson
Banned

You have A very nice car. just did not care for the bra.You are right each to his own.Again nice p-car.oj
Old 04-07-2006, 10:40 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow! Not diggin that at all. Looks way low rent for the car (and yes I realize they are pricey bras). Maybe b/c the Carmon does NOT match up well. One of the guys over on the 996 board has one as well on his Orient Red 996 and it looks alot better. (His user ID is Orient Express).
Old 04-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

i think it's the light. the folks at work saw the car on the parking lot and didn't know it had a bra on it until they got up close. I wonder what y'all would have thought if i had the black colgan on it. NOW that is ugly
the pic does stink, though
Old 04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Bob....I think you are probably right. I would hope in better light that it would be virtually invisible. Not my cup of tea but if color matched perfectly, then I am sure it looks good. Personally, I went with the clearbra and haven't looked back. Even had a serious "off" at the track and while my door, etc were just rock chipped to hell, the front looked brand new still. I swear by that thing.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

LV, funny you should say that. I've wondered from day one whether the boxster clear bra install was using something like 3M or some cheap version. i never asked (from the dealer)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 284 Posts

Very few clear bras and installations look as good as you guys make them out to. Almost everyone one I have seen done using a pre-cut package looks worse than the rock chips you're trying to prevent. To each their own indeed.

I use a colgan at the track.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:28 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Mine was custom laser cut on site and I watched the entire process. But paid through the nose for it. This is clearly (no pun intended) one of those instances where you get what you pay for.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:05 AM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Very few clear bras and installations look as good as you guys make them out to. Almost everyone one I have seen done using a pre-cut package looks worse than the rock chips you're trying to prevent. To each their own indeed.

I use a colgan at the track.
i totally agree with you...the clear bras are all noticalbe to me, esp with the darker colors....then there issues when waxing and i wonder the effect of the paint not breathing in that area...these are cars, just drive them...a few rock chips are n ot that noticable unless you have a serious OCD problem...probalby cheaper to eventually respray the bumper after several years as needed....

Quick Reply: Pics of new speedlingerie bra