Sponsored by:

Pics of new speedlingerie bra

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ojpimpson
Sorry That looks like ****.Why not A clearbra?
With sincere, very sincere, apologies I agree that it looks like ****. Having said that, how can you have a 997 sitting in the garage for weeks just waiting to to put a bra on?

In any case, enjoy your car!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clear bras on my last two cars were all but invisible. The clear bras on the cars at my dealer look all but invisible. So does it come down to crappy fitters? I would sooner spend the money respraying the front than fit some AARP approved baggy number in color. Clear bra is vastly superior in my experience and doesn't damage the paintwork like colored strap-on jobs.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:29 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

I have never been critical on this forum, but that is the ugliest addition I've ever seen anyone add to their car. Sorry for the critique, but get your money back and just drive it. Believe me a few stone chips looks better than that.

Jay
Old 04-08-2006, 12:42 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For me, just driving works fine. If the bra makes you feel good, do it. If you want to leave your car in the garage, well....you pays yer money and you takes yer choice. But life is short. Sometimes you've got to take things out to play with them
Old 04-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I ordered a regular Colgan bra because the speed lingerie was rediculously priced for what it is. I can buy about 7 Colgans for the price of one of those and the Colgans protect more area that the speeds. I'm not a big fan of the clear bras because I think it's a bit overkill to cover up a car like that. Just a little TOO ****. We have to remember these things are CARS and things do happen. I got the Colgan to use in harsher environments and have had excellent performance with them over the last 30 years, with no collateral damage.

Dan
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For pics & more info:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...1&postcount=30

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=clear+bra

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=clear+bra

Originally Posted by Bob/Ft. Worth
...this I can take off at will.
Basically the main drawback to using these bras (besides the ugly factor) is that precisely because they can be removed and put on at will they are not airtight (i.e. hermetically sealing) like the clear bras. Which means that when dirt particles get trapped under the bra they can act like sand granules and scratch away at your paint over time as the wind buffets the relatively loose fitting bra against the paint at highway speeds. ... Ask me how I know.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:09 AM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Wow, harsh crowd here. Jeez, it does look like **** though. J/K If you're not doing a lot of highway miles forget all this protection crap and just enjoy it, au natural. A few touch ups here and there are no big deal, especially considering YOU are the only one that cares and will notice....
Old 04-08-2006, 10:49 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by scycle2020
i totally agree with you...the clear bras are all noticalbe to me, esp with the darker colors....then there issues when waxing and i wonder the effect of the paint not breathing in that area...these are cars, just drive them...a few rock chips are n ot that noticable unless you have a serious OCD problem...probalby cheaper to eventually respray the bumper after several years as needed....
I have no affiliation with Sam or Premiere Mobil, but the attached pictures show his install on the “bumper” area of my black 997. Unless I tell people that it’s on, they don’t know it.
Attached Images    
Old 04-08-2006, 11:48 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

The job Rick of Body Skins did on my Arctic Silver is virtually invisable from any distance and in any light. I'd have just as soon it fit the whole front end!

About 2 D after the install another car threw up a truck tread that whacked off my bumper and lower hood. The rubber marks came right off and nothing to be seen was left. So it paid for itself in 2 D. Still looks like new.

Whenever I've had leather bras it's been major PITA time. T each their own though. That's why they come in different shapes and colors.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:17 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Sounds like the jury is in and the verdict is not favorable.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

My clear bra was very well done. You do not see it unless you are looking for it.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:54 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's weird because when are you gonna use that bra?

If I go on a long special trip I will use mine. If I do my 40 mile commute I won't. Chances are the stone chips are gonna be gotten from the non-bra use of the car.

Frickin dilemma which makes the clear bra look pretty good.

(oh: also can't use it if wet, must remove ASAP when wet).
Old 04-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ojpimpson
Sorry That looks like ****.Why not A clearbra?
I agree. You have a beautiful car but the bra has to go.

I was just looking at a copy of Excellence and there is an ad for that particular bra and I said to myself "it just doesn't look right." That was on a silver car and it looked much better than yours.

Rock chips are a part of life - drive it and enjoy your car.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

You can always see a clear bra if you look closely enough. It does stand out a bit on my car BUT at 1/100th the visibility of that solid thing. I'm rarely critical of people's mods but I don't think it does justice to your beautiful Carmon Red baby...it looks very 80s (which is the last time I had a bra like that - on a car, that is).
Old 04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
...which is the last time I had a bra like that - on a car, that is.
Something you wanna tell us, Dave? .. LOL

Quick Reply: Pics of new speedlingerie bra