Sponsored by:

what happens after june 1st...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RutgersU
When times were good were the dealers looking for a fair profit or were they selling cars above sticker because they could? Seems like buyers are now taking advantage of the economy the same way sellers did 5 years ago.
I am with yaa the market is what it is, some dealers never ever sell cars above sticker no matter what the economy is.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by jw97C2S
just like any other salesman, are just trying to sell some cars.

Your implication is pretty clear.

Even in professions which have a rep there are good people.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 107 Posts

How many times have other car companies said they are doing away with incentives only to put them back in place to move the cars? Don't believe it!! Only way this is true is if Porsche is running out of money (and the may be). There are so many of these cars sitting at dealers, PCNA and in Germany they have to get rid of them. Their cost of having them sit is more than the cost of the reduced rate financing. And the production cuts are no where close to the slow down in sales. It is a good time to buy, but it will probably remain that way until there is a significant improvement in the economy around the world.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
braden
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...this took on a life of its own. Sorry fellas that sell these cars...i thinks its gonna contniue and the arguments put forth dont seem rational. if the economy sucks, the sales have PLUMMETTED 30% worldwide, and incentives have helped, its stands to reason that to sell the rest of the 2009's in the next 4 months (2010 models arrive in sept/oct) porsche like very other manufacturer will have to play the game. who knows we may even see ZERO percent financing. BMW is already at .9% on certain models and 1.9 % on the majority. And remember BMW includes 4 years of service including brakes. A slight uptick in the economy, which has yet to really happen if you follow CPI and home starts has yet to happen and the white house has no idea what it is doing. GM will file bankruptcy. Chrysler is too and is selling remaing stock at 40-60% discounts. Ferrari no longer has two year waitlists. Porsche dealers are going bankrupt, Champion will be the first of many.

Salesman here are salesman, they are trying to create an urgency that frankly is not there. If porsche is running out of money for incentives, i dont want to buy a car from an insolvent entity that cant weather the storm. This is a stress test for the entire industry. Sales commissions are at an all time low for many career carrera salesman.

I like to call this a much needed MARKET ADJUSTMENT.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:44 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Was I implying that the dealers are being untruthful about the deals ending this month? Yes. If that theory makes you a crook so be it. We will see soon enough whether the theory is correct.

Originally Posted by Trader220
Your implication is pretty clear.

Even in professions which have a rep there are good people.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Whats untruthful? Do you have a memo from PCNA which says they are going to continue the deals?
Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
braden
Intermediate

stoppie indicates he has a PDF that states they will be ending....time will tell if he is a liar or a truth teller
Old 05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Will he be a liar if PCNA then posts another momo extending them?
Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 PM
braden
Intermediate

he would have some explaining to do to the forum...
Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
braden
Intermediate

trader i appreciate that you separate your salesmanship from your forum participation.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:03 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Have I made claims that the deals are ending this month? Have the Rennlist "dealers" been making claims the deals are ending this month? In case you forgot, here is what you said in your previous post:

"The programs are going to go away, there has simply not been this good an opportunity to buy a new Porsche in decades and the program achieved what Porsche wanted. They moved a lot of cars out of inventory in the past 2 months and that’s all there is to it. "

Again, lets see what happens after May 2009.

Originally Posted by Trader220
Whats untruthful? Do you have a memo from PCNA which says they are going to continue the deals?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Why? Not that I am inclined to defend stoppie, but PCNA said the deals will end after May in fact they ended the "service loaner program" rather quickly. If they then go ahead and decide they will extend the deals how does that make him a liar? As far as I know stoppie is a GSM at a dealer, he does not work for PCNA per se, therefore he only knows what was sent to him already, not what might be sent in the future.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by braden
trader i appreciate that you separate your salesmanship from your forum participation.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I am just a part time Porsche sales guy. I sort of went this direction with a game plan on learning more about the business and then consider if I want to make it a full time business in becoming a principle at a franchise. I find the perceptions of the general public very interesting and there are great parallels between the ways market makers are perceived.
Ask me about the global capital markets, Porsches or hockey and I can babble on for hours.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
braden
Intermediate

A GSM would do the forum right by being truthful. The repeated calls for action for the general population not to miss an opportunity serves to only increase sales. even if not form his direct benefit, he will indirectly benefit by decreasing dealer stock and effectively moving other dealers cars. This can impact his sales by increasing demand for his cars. A tad UNETHICAL perhaps...are there moderators here for oversight?
He can create a run on the market by spreading misinformation
Old 05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by jw97C2S
Have I made claims that the deals are ending this month? Have the Rennlist "dealers" been making claims the deals are ending this month? In case you forgot, here is what you said in your previous post:

"The programs are going to go away, there has simply not been this good an opportunity to buy a new Porsche in decades and the program achieved what Porsche wanted. They moved a lot of cars out of inventory in the past 2 months and that’s all there is to it. "

Again, lets see what happens after May 2009.

There is no question the programs are going to go away, where is that untruthful? I believe it will be at the end of May from what I have been told but anything can happen. I would bet my life that the programs will be going away eventually.

Quick Reply: what happens after june 1st...