997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what happens after june 1st...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009 | 04:10 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Manufacturers always have a deadline - you know that. They then extend or give a new "deal" - you know that too. If you want credibility then stop saying the deals are over and this is the best time to buy. Otherwise you are just perpetuating the salesman "mystique."

Originally Posted by Trader220
Why? Not that I am inclined to defend stoppie, but PCNA said the deals will end after May in fact they ended the "service loaner program" rather quickly. If they then go ahead and decide they will extend the deals how does that make him a liar? As far as I know stoppie is a GSM at a dealer, he does not work for PCNA per se, therefore he only knows what was sent to him already, not what might be sent in the future.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:11 PM
braden
Intermediate

oh no, suddenly no pcars are left in PA, so everyone come to ohio...but you pay more...
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:14 PM
braden
Intermediate

and forget it...you will be left on the sideline while the rest of the team is in the championship game...so forget about 2010, porsche will not deal and only accept retail. Please. Give me a break. Unless the Sultan of Brunei is bailing out the company (poor business decisions are made even in germany) it aint happening.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:16 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by braden
A GSM would do the forum right by being truthful. The repeated calls for action for the general population not to miss an opportunity serves to only increase sales. even if not form his direct benefit, he will indirectly benefit by decreasing dealer stock and effectively moving other dealers cars. This can impact his sales by increasing demand for his cars. A tad UNETHICAL perhaps...are there moderators here for oversight?
He can create a run on the market by spreading misinformation
Now you're talking my language. He can NOT create a run on the market since statistically the number of potential buyers who read this forum is statistically insignificant as compared to the number of potential buyers in the whole market place.

Let’s be generous and say 5 to 7 people read this and push their planned purchase up into May, this will have ZERO effect on Stoppies inventory and unless they purchase directly from him will have no real benefit to him. A case could be made for just the opposite in that if a car around the country got sold to one of those 5 to 7 fictitious buyers and he had a client who wanted that exact car he is now SOL and his client may opt for another brand or dealer.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:19 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by jw97C2S
Manufacturers always have a deadline - you know that. They then extend or give a new "deal" - you know that too. If you want credibility then stop saying the deals are over and this is the best time to buy. Otherwise you are just perpetuating the salesman "mystique."
I don’t particularly care whether someone on an anonymous board believes I have credibility or not, my integrity is intact.
Let me say this again so we’re clear… THE DEALS WILL END EVENTUALLY… please link or quote where I guaranteed or implied that will absolutely end in May.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:22 PM
braden
Intermediate

hyperbole i admit, to the max...only to match stoppies over the top outward demanor
Sorry, trader i agree with you. damn it i hate being agreable.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:28 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Braden,
I have crossed paths with stoppie since the moment I moved over from the air-cooled boards and he took some runs at me, we’ve since buried the hatchet. I didn’t then and I don’t always care for his style of humor and I noted earlier in the thread that I am not inclined to defend him blindly. On the other hand I find it humorous how people really think all dealers and salesmen are bad people and are only out to rape and pillage.

For the record, Stoppie, tried to pin a lot of crappy labels on me when I first moved over here based on 2 or 3 posts I had made on this board. I took exception to his actions, not to the labels. As I mentioned I don’t really care what label someone whom I don’t know and who has never met me puts on me. I simply pointed out to the rest of the readers how silly it is to label someone based on 2 or 3 posts.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:30 PM
Trader220
Race Car

The bottom line is this, you know what you’re getting deal wise right now. Trade in cars are NOT going up in value. Could there be a better deal down the road? Hell yaa there COULD be but then again maybe there wont.

If you hit the lottery would you take a lump sum or would you take the annuity?
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:35 PM
braden
Intermediate

I take exception to his telling us that the low interest rates and incetives are GIFTS to the buyer. They are in fact gifts to the dealer to help him move stock and get stale merchandise off the floor. The buyer does benefit, only if he has not been hammered by the market as well. I no one who has money in the market for the psat two years who is UP. We are all down, everyones home is worth less and we are all paying for it. Car companies dont give GIFTS to buyers. Although there was the pilon i got after buying my last pcar...
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:38 PM
braden
Intermediate

if i had not lost 40% in the market, i would be more thatn happy to pay full MSRP. But i and many other potential buyers took major hits in the market, both stocks/commodities/bonds and real estate. There are no winners. So if Ican lose less, and pay less for a car that i want, then i see nothing wrong with it. Its my money (what is left of it) and the industry should be happy that i an even considering their product in the longest and deepest recession since the great depression
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:40 PM
Trader220
Race Car

I know a lot of people whose net portfolio is up over the past 18 months. In fact until I sold out to my partners about 13 months ago I was running a bear fund, and I stood on my milk crate and told anyone who would listen to sell all their equities back in the beginning of 2007. I didnt call the top by a long shot but those who listened were happy and those institutional clients who placed capital with us were very happy. I can see where the choice of the word "gift" can come off as inappropriate but that’s just stoppie being stoppie in my mind.

Low rates are out there in fact I have not used PFS except for leases to write a single deal in 2 months because other banks are just as competitive and the way the programs are set up from PFS the cash back is a better deal. Are they gifts? Depends on where you sit. I think a better term would be tools.

For the record I am long a spare home in Florida which I am taking some major pipe on. I got greedy and broke my own rules on flipping and I am paying the price. I agree most are not ammune to the economy.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:42 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by braden
A GSM would do the forum right by being truthful. The repeated calls for action for the general population not to miss an opportunity serves to only increase sales. even if not form his direct benefit, he will indirectly benefit by decreasing dealer stock and effectively moving other dealers cars. This can impact his sales by increasing demand for his cars. A tad UNETHICAL perhaps...are there moderators here for oversight?
He can create a run on the market by spreading misinformation
I'm not sure who you are, or if you're a troll; but have you fallen over and bumped your head?

You've been told by numerous people that the programs end on June 1st 2009. Don't believe me? Get off your *** and go to the dealership and ask to see the PDF file which states such. Better yet, *look* at the 1st mile program. It CLEARLY states that it ends June 1st. Coincidence that the "programs" end June 1st? Uh, I think not.

And are you even familiar with 'how' leasing and marketing work? Doesnt sound like it to me. You've been told numerous times, over and over how it works. This has nothing to do with 'us' selling cars. Don't believe me? I don't care.

Click on my screen name and you'll see start seeing a trend - that I help a lot of people here on RL. What have you contributed to this forum? Other then attempting to throw gas on a camp fire. Zilch.

So, besides US trying to convince YOU to go buy now or not; That's not my concern. You asked a question. It's been answered.

Again, DO NOT believe a word any of us are saying- Go, run- do not walk; and go SEE for yourself.

You'll clearly see that there are two groups of people here. Those who know And those who don't know.

Go inform yourself.
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:43 PM
braden
Intermediate

Sure PENFED offers 3.9 all day long. Take the money from porsche knock down teh price and then go outside for financing...
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:46 PM
Trader220
Race Car

BoA was running 4.19 for a long time, so taking the cash back from Porsche was a hell of a lot btter then taking the 3.9 from Porsche. I havew written a lot of sub 5% deals from BoA
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:46 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

braden with all due respect, you have 10 posts and they're all in this thread. You are not a member and just became a user. You need to develop some of your own credibility before calling into question a valued Member's who has been here for years.

Some of us have been here long before we started selling cars. We do it for fun, as enthusiasts. Stoppie is an enthusiast and he knows his business. We don't know what PCNA is going to do in June. We do know that there are great deals to be had NOW. It ain't rocket science.

Quick Reply: what happens after june 1st...