Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what happens after june 1st...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I have nothing to hide and despite the way I was treated by stoppie in the past I will support him here. I don’t believe he is double talking nor has anything to hide. For the record he took an aggressive nasty attack right at me when I first posted here after I got into the business. I don’t care for the way he responds to me but I didn’t find him to be dishonest about the info he provides.

The programs are going to go away, there has simply not been this good an opportunity to buy a new Porsche in decades and the program achieved what Porsche wanted. They moved a lot of cars out of inventory in the past 2 months and that’s all there is to it.

I am happy to answer any question straight up and many many people have pm'd me with questions and I helped them buy cars with ZERO in it for me or the dealer I work at.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
I have nothing to hide and despite the way I was treated by stoppie in the past I will support him here. I don’t believe he is double talking nor has anything to hide. For the record he took an aggressive nasty attack right at me when I first posted here after I got into the business. I don’t care for the way he responds to me but I didn’t find him to be dishonest about the info he provides.

The programs are going to go away, there has simply not been this good an opportunity to buy a new Porsche in decades and the program achieved what Porsche wanted. They moved a lot of cars out of inventory in the past 2 months and that’s all there is to it.

I am happy to answer any question straight up and many many people have pm'd me with questions and I helped them buy cars with ZERO in it for me or the dealer I work at.

Thanks man. I think we buried the hatchet. I appreciate it.

Also it should be HIGHLY noted and something I completely forgot (because I took it for granted)

The cash back is based on *Certificates*

Dealership must EARN them to earn the cash back. So no, not all dealerships are created equal, or can operate, equally. This is to further prove my point: this is the thinning of the herd. Some of you will see very visible dealerships closing their doors in a veryyy short amount of time.

And who earns the Certificates? That is privvy to the dealer principal, the sales manager and PCNA.

fyi.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:58 AM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ds2k1
Sooooo...what DOES happen after June 1st anyway?
+1. Is someone going to look at sales for May next week and decide or are the rumors already out there?

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
rickmdz
Instructor

Originally Posted by vigilante architect
Hopefully, 50% off on GT2s and ds2k1 gets a new avatar.
OT: Vigilante architect, is your avatar your creation? I'll like to see the full version... nice!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by vexed
+1. Is someone going to look at sales for May next week and decide or are the rumors already out there?

Thanks.
Not rumors. The PDF file we recieved earlier this month states so.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny that someone who changed his identity here is calling out a long term asset to this community's character out.

We don't know what will happen after June 1st. I have cars on the way for clients that may not be here until after and we are submitting everything to PFS and may have to back date the contracts to keep the deals I promised. There hasn't been a better time. 4.4% on a lease, come on.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Trader220
Race Car

I hear it all the time from clients.... "yea the deals are great now but wait till the 10's start comming in" Its not easy to source a Cayenne GTS these days and base cayenne's which are cheap are hard to find. IMO Porsche has done a decent job of inventory management and as Stoppie mentioned the heard is thinning and some big big name dealers are going under.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

It's amazing how some people make their buying experience so unnecessarily arduous and stressful. We're all fortunate enough to be in a position to afford such luxury, but it shouldn't be so agonizing to follow through. All I know is if the buying experience isn't fun, then I might as well not even buy it. Nobody wants to throw money away. At the same time, no matter what you paid, there will always be someone, somewhere, that paid less. The "best" price is simply what you're happy paying. If you're never happy paying any price quoted, then no deal will ever be good enough.

Analysis paralysis is such a kill joy.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by Ucube
It's amazing how some people make their buying experience so unnecessarily arduous and stressful. We're all fortunate enough to be in a position to afford such luxury, but it shouldn't be so agonizing to follow through. All I know is if the buying experience isn't fun, then I might as well not even buy it. Nobody wants to throw money away. At the same time, no matter what you paid, there will always be someone, somewhere, that paid less. The "best" price is simply what you're happy paying. If you're never happy paying any price quoted, then no deal will ever be good enough.

Analysis paralysis is such a kill joy.

+1

Why do so many people think its unfair for a dealer to make money and stay in business?
Old 05-22-2009, 01:40 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Sounds to me that all the non-sponsor Rennlist dealers are in agreement that the best deals are to be had this month and will not continue past May 2009. It should be very easy to determine whether they have supplied us with factually correct insider information or, just like any other salesman, are just trying to sell some cars.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Trader220
Race Car

I am not trying to sell a single car here nor would I ever expect to sell a car to a rennlister. I have however, helped a number of people who PM'd me get good information which helped them get better deals.

jw, you remarks are pretty childish, do you really believe every single dealer and car salesman is a crook? Whats funnier is I was a market maker on 3 different exchanges for 16 years and the only career I could imagine getting more grief from uninformed people then being a car salesman is being a MM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Did I imply that all salesmen were crooks? Heres what I said:

"It should be very easy to determine whether they have supplied us with factually correct insider information or, just like any other salesman, are just trying to sell some cars. "

Does that make you a crook in your book? You need to lighten up. Many professions have a stigma attached - some for good reason.

I am not trying to sell a single car here nor would I ever expect to sell a car to a rennlister. I have however, helped a number of people who PM'd me get good information which helped them get better deals.

jw, you remarks are pretty childish, do you really believe every single dealer and car salesman is a crook? Whats funnier is I was a market maker on 3 different exchanges for 16 years and the only career I could imagine getting more grief from uninformed people then being a car salesman is being a MM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jw97C2S
Sounds to me that all the non-sponsor Rennlist dealers are in agreement that the best deals are to be had this month and will not continue past May 2009. It should be very easy to determine whether they have supplied us with factually correct insider information or, just like any other salesman, are just trying to sell some cars.
Read my post again.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:01 PM
RutgersU
Racer

+1

Why do so many people think its unfair for a dealer to make money and stay in business?
When times were good were the dealers looking for a fair profit or were they selling cars above sticker because they could? Seems like buyers are now taking advantage of the economy the same way sellers did 5 years ago.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
vigilante architect
Track Day

Originally Posted by rickmdz
OT: Vigilante architect, is your avatar your creation? I'll like to see the full version... nice!
Thx rickmdz, can't take credit for it, a friend sent it to me, here's the full sketch I received.

Name:  997sketch.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  61.0 KB

Quick Reply: what happens after june 1st...