what happens after june 1st...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebmd
can't we all just get along..after all we are talking about porsches here
Apparently not when you have a couple rotten apples who try to ruin it all for the gang.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:34 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

aahhh...I know that the cars have a cost to buy and a floor rate...my point was that even if the car is sold at "invoice" ..that number we see on edmunds/kbb/ etc...the average consumer will never know what the car really costs the dealer and what other monies the dealer sees for selling cars. You have stated your self that is a shell game, so this is not new material here. I have bought many cars under invoice and i know that i have left money on the table, but i felt it was a fair deal and the dealer served me well and was there for my needs after sale. i have also bought cars well under invoice, felt that there was no way the dealer made a cent and yet they still made the deal because there were other incentives and trunk money on the car. as long as everyone is happy....then everyone should feel good. But dont get me started about insurance company reimbursement because trust me, there is no mark up and infact knee replacement surgery paid under medicare is less than an oil change and brake job on my benz...its that bad
Old 05-22-2009, 01:42 AM
MattMDDC
AutoX

You guys need to see a gynecologist. Sounds like you're menstruating. Buying and selling a car is supposed to be fun. I don't care how much a dealer makes on my purchase as long as I get what I think is a good value for my money. Just look at your local hardware store if you want to see what happens when you try to squeeze every penny out of your local business person. Oh that's right... you no longer have a local hardware store. But at least you get a good price at Home Depot... on your POS Chinese screws that come 10 in a box when you only want one. But it's a good thing there are 10, because the 1st three break before they're tightened, and the next three have a crappy zinc coating... and the last 4 are your safety net so you don't have to drive your Honda Civic back to HD and wait in the line of 15 customers, at the one register that's opened on a Saturday morning... All so you can get the absolute best price. Well... you got it. I'd rather pay my local hardware store a dime extra for 1 good screw, in a paper bag, and the service of a salesperson that walks me over to the screws, picks it out, and walks it up to the register. Welcome to America. This is what you wanted. Personally, I drive my Porsche an hour to a hardware store, walk on hardwood floors, and have fun doing it, and keep some poor guy alive with my dime... instead of some corporate investor in Malaysia. HD can rot in hell. I'm not that desperate.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

with regards to Porsche there isn't just 'one' answer. But it goes like this:

10% markup on car.
10-13ish % mark up on options. Depends really, some could be closer to 15%.

theoretically the margin is approx 15%. But the point is, it depends on options. And that 15% is NOT guaranteed. Every dealer get's 10% mark up. Then if you A) build a new facility or invest in manditory equipment/ facility up keep- you get an extra 3%. Earn your CSI score, another 2%. Total is around 15%.
Any OTHER money depends on the region and dealership, and THAT is not uniform, or privvy to really anyone but the Dealer Principal.
However, based on todays incentives of $6000 for all 911s and $10k on Turbos, then it changes what 'invoice' is.

The real variable in todays market is HOW well or poorly that particular dealership is performing in their market/region. And no, not every dealer is bleeding dry. Some actually doing well- because (close your ears pigmyhone) some dealerships actually do HONEST business and clients (another shocker, close your ears piggy) appreciate honest business!

Hope that helps Steve. And you can PM or email or call me anytime you wish if I can assist further.

Chris
Old 05-22-2009, 01:48 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by MattMDDC
You guys need to see a gynecologist. Sounds like you're menstruating. Buying and selling a car is supposed to be fun. I don't care how much a dealer makes on my purchase as long as I get what I think is a good value for my money. Just look at your local hardware store if you want to see what happens when you try to squeeze every penny out of your local business person. Oh that's right... you no longer have a local hardware store. But at least you get a good price at Home Depot... on your POS Chinese screws that come 10 in a box when you only want one. But it's a good thing there are 10, because the 1st three break before they're tightened, and the next three have a crappy zinc coating... and the last 4 are your safety net so you don't have to drive your Honda Civic back to HD and wait in the line of 15 customers, at the one register that's opened on a Saturday morning... All so you can get the absolute best price. Well... you got it. I'd rather pay my local hardware store a dime extra for 1 good screw, in a paper bag, and the service of a salesperson that walks me over to the screws, picks it out, and walks it up to the register. Welcome to America. This is what you wanted. Personally, I drive my Porsche an hour to a hardware store, walk on hardwood floors, and have fun doing it, and keep some poor guy alive with my dime... instead of some corporate investor in Malaysia. HD can rot in hell. I'm not that desperate.
+ 1 billion.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:51 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Chris...very helpful, informative and confusing...As you have said before, no two deals are alike. I hope that they get off you back a little...but only a little. We need a whipping boy here and you are gracious to take the heat, personal attacks aside.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 AM
stevebmd
Racer

MattMDDC must shop at my hardware store...Strosniders? Fantastic personal attention and service, but you pay for it and when you leave feel good about it.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:54 AM
MattMDDC
AutoX

I'm happy to pay a fair price for my toys. And when I walk back in to the dealer a week, a month, a year, 3 years, 10 years later... everyone drops what they're doing to greet and help me. For me... that's worth a lot. And when I call with an issue, some how, magically, my car is in the shop 1/2 hour later... every time... with a smile on everyone's face. And an awful lot of "No charge today. Have a great day." Create the world you want to live in.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:54 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Matt... you paid a dime for one good screw.....well done
Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 AM
stevebmd
Racer

matt pm your dealer, none of my experiences have been that great for pcar service in dc/md/va. thanks
Old 05-22-2009, 02:12 AM
MattMDDC
AutoX

Last motorcycle I bought (BMW) resulted in my dealer (over an hour away) selling 5 bikes on my referrals. Including clothing and accessories.. over $100k in sales. They like me. Local dealer (5 mins away)... doesn't like me... especially after I showed him the receipts.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 AM
MattMDDC
AutoX

Not a good screw... a great screw. That's cheaper than my girlfriend... and DEFINITELY cheaper than my ex.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:47 AM
ds2k1
Racer

Sooooo...what DOES happen after June 1st anyway?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 AM
vigilante architect
Track Day

Originally Posted by ds2k1
Sooooo...what DOES happen after June 1st anyway?
Hopefully, 50% off on GT2s and ds2k1 gets a new avatar.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

wow, I missed alot while sleeping!

Quick Reply: what happens after june 1st...