Default Likemystoppie? got a ban...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=58627

Not real clear as to why.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:31 PM
MFC996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
Sounds like he got a little hosed by his buddy.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:45 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am very confused by this. what did he do?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:49 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There are Posting Guidelines (rules to follow)
Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

That is definitely an odd thread.
Chris is a great guy but has somehow always managed to do a little business on RL without being a sponsor. I'm assuming that this is what the ban is about. I'm sure he'll be back in 3 days or less.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
fxhomie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Coochas
Chris is a great guy but has somehow always managed to do a little business on RL without being a sponsor. I'm assuming that this is what the ban is about. I'm sure he'll be back in 3 days or less.
Yeah, but the 'KMA IB' edit to his post wasn't too cool.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fxhomie
Depends on your point of view, I guess.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I'd politely point out that Chris often goes out of his way to help members that never spent a dime with him by using his contacts and access to information that most of us do not have. It seems to me that what happened is that Chris volunteered himself enough that he became known as a "go-to guy" of sorts, and yes, he probably made some off-site sales by that. He's a victim of his own success, of sorts.

Chris has not once ever helped me out in a professional manner, but guess who has the first shot at selling me my next Porsche?

IOW, I don't find it to be nearly as cut-and-dried of an issue as some might. I'm not looking for an argument, Dave, just trying to point out the other side of things.

Originally Posted by fxhomie
Originally Posted by am722
Depends on your point of view, I guess.
+1
Old 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Gee Whiz....what has this world come to when you have one of the more helpful guys on this forum banned. Just when I needed his help on a new car decision!

We need to organize a rally to "save Chris". Send all fund raising donations to the Mjsporsche wants a new 997.2 C2S Fund. Your donations will be put to VERY good use!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Just for the record, I'm not passing any sort of judgment here.
I like Chris....I think he is a valuable member of our forum.
It's just that I've seen many people over the years shut down for even mentioning business without being a sponsor.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Gee Whiz....what has this world come to when you have one of the more helpful guys on this forum banned. Just when I needed his help on a new car decision!

We need to organize a rally to "save Chris". Send all fund raising donations to the Mjsporsche wants a new 997.2 C2S Fund. Your donations will be put to VERY good use!
He's not banned from the telephone.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

I guess the world is really all about $$$$
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Read the GT2 thread very carefully, before you draw conclusions.

The ban might only be the start of his problems, if not satisfactorily explained. I think we are seeing a classic thread in the making, and we might expect to hear from the GM of the Dealership before it is all over. I don't think PCNA would take too kindly to cars being misrepresented, if that's, in fact, what happened.

He sought market value and offers for a car represented one way (a friend's car) with 1700 miles; then the car appeared to be a Dealership car with higher miles, and in that Dealership's inventory for months. See the GT3 forum and the "never mind" thread. His initial post has been edited out (why?) but you can see my response(s).

His attempt to close the thread and, after posing a "conspiracy theory" only served to raise more questions than it answered, certainly in my mind. I was an active participant in the thread.

In the meantime, he was banned for breaking forum rules so we will have to wait, until he comes back, for more information and a clarifying explanation before we draw any conclusions.

However, the documentation on the GT2 thread seems to be pretty clear that it was a Dealership car, so it will take some interesting documentation to refute that it was not a Dealership car. And, how as a Sales Manager you would not know that? As the Sales Manager of the Porsche Dealership, it is fair to expect that he knows the inventory. Then why would he represent it as a friend's car (and break the rules in the process)?

"Never mind", as an explanation for Rennlisters, will not do it here (for me anyway). Enquiring minds want to know what happened, so we can come to the correct conclusion.

We wait for the complete story.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
We wait for the complete story.
The reason for a ban, much like a PM, is sent to the user. As such, that communication (along with all preceeding communications) are considered private.

In other words, they are not for public discussion, therefore, unless you know the facts of the case, it is foolish to speculate.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know the story on the GT2 post and it is as I have stated, so no need to wait for that. Explanations are another matter.

The reason for the ban, I plead ignorance and I apologise for even mentioning it. I implied the reasons from an earlier post, my mistake.

However, the reasons for the ban are tangential to my post, and it was only mentioned to indicate that a response at this time was unavailable, and provide an explanation for the silence. I would like the ban to be lifted so I can hear the explanations about the friend's GT2 with 1700 miles versus the apparent Dealer ownership of the car.

Quick Reply: Likemystoppie? got a ban...