Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Likemystoppie? got a ban...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:50 PM
MFC996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW I went and checked that car out back in Dec. when I went up to Cleveland to see Chris. He told me even then they were selling it for a friend on consignment and it was NOT a dealership car. If you look at the duplicate title and the reported lien I would suspect there is something going on with the owner. I'm sure we'll find out soon but Chris has been nothing but truthful in my dealings with him.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
I would like the ban to be lifted so I can hear the explanations about the friend's GT2 with 1700 miles versus the apparent Dealer ownership of the car.
The ban is not permanent and will expire automatically.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Classic tempest in a teapot IMHO. I've watched Chris posts for several years, and twice looked into buying a car from him. Things didn't work out on the purchase, but it wasn't because of Chris at all. I've seen no evidence that he is anything but a stand-up guy, and will look forward to seeing his contributions on rennlist.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I know the story on the GT2 post and it is as I have stated, so no need to wait for that. Explanations are another matter.

The reason for the ban, I plead ignorance and I apologise for even mentioning it. I implied the reasons from an earlier post, my mistake.

However, the reasons for the ban are tangential to my post, and it was only mentioned to indicate that a response at this time was unavailable, and provide an explanation for the silence. I would like the ban to be lifted so I can hear the explanations about the friend's GT2 with 1700 miles versus the apparent Dealer ownership of the car.

I hope your intentions are honorable because you seem to have an axe to grind with Chris. I personally would not really care if the car was his friends or was on consignment or was owned by the dealer principal or the dealership. There must be something behind your intensity to find the truth, even though it really is not that important.

Perhaps it would serve us all well to cut him a little slack.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

He received a 3 day ban.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
I hope your intentions are honorable because you seem to have an axe to grind with Chris. I personally would not really care if the car was his friends or was on consignment or was owned by the dealer principal or the dealership. There must be something behind your intensity to find the truth, even though it really is not that important.

The facts are what the facts are, I didn't initiate any posts about cars for sale. Nor did I suggest conspiracy theories, edit posts or dismiss issues.

However, if you as a Porsche Sales manager can't value a car, get mileage or ownership correct, when all the information is at hand you owe your audience an explanation. If all the information was correct, then you as Porsche Sales manager owe the audience an explanation as to why your Dealership has the incorrect information.

My axe is simple "be what you represent" and that is not directed at anyone in particular including Chris. It is a general requirement. I pay money to belong here and I expect a standard of behavior.

In the recent Madoff scandal, many people lost $ Billions by trusting their supposed friend so as always:-

Caveat Emptor.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

The facts are what the facts are, I didn't initiate any posts about cars for sale. Nor did I suggest conspiracy theories, edit posts or dismiss issues.

However, if you as a Porsche Sales manager can't value a car, get mileage or ownership correct, when all the information is at hand you owe your audience an explanation. If all the information was correct, then you as Porsche Sales manager owe the audience an explanation as to why your Dealership has the incorrect information.
Looks like the poor guy was banned before he was able to offer much of an explanation. I'd be hard-pressed to find a single forum member that had a bad experience with Chris, so there's no question about whether he gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Also, we're talking about a $200k GT2 in the height of a worldwide recession. I don't doubt for a second that nobody really knows what a car like that is "worth" right now.

My axe is simple "be what you represent" and that is not directed at anyone in particular including Chris. It is a general requirement. I pay money to belong here and I expect a standard of behavior.
That's ridiculous. The people in the $100k car forum expect immediate answers for their eighteen bucks, eh?

In the recent Madoff scandal, many people lost $ Billions by trusting their supposed friend so as always:-

Caveat Emptor.
I guess I treat my friends differently than some. Yes, I trust Chris, and there's about eight pages of people that feel the same way over in OT right now.

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ie-banned.html
Old 04-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tooloud10
I guess I treat my friends differently than some. Yes, I trust Chris, and there's about eight pages of people that feel the same way over in OT right now.

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ie-banned.html
Count me as one...
Old 04-12-2009, 11:24 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just remember:

It is an immutable law that the messenger always gets beheaded.

I am trying to stay "open minded" until I see proof and documentation for support. In the absence of such proof, there is a whole different issue in play. Let's stay calm and see what proof is offered when the ban is lifted.

He can start with who is the designated Used Car Manager (required by PCNA?) responsible for establishing GT2 values. When the car came into the Dealership etc.

Don't be distracted this is not about me, I have no financial incentive or means to gain.

With regard to membership my contribution is straight up. I am not selling anything or promoting so an objective and cautious reader can draw their own conclusions.

And by the way, I was surprised to find that Chris wasn't a sponsor.. I'll bet that makes other Sponsors very happy, and I won't be surprised to see them become Members instead.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche

^^^^ What he said.^^^^

WTF is kiss my *** so worked up about?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it's worth, I know Chris, I bought a car from him, and I will probably buy another car from him before the year is out. He makes this forum better, period, whether he also profits from it or not. Should he be a sponsor? Maybe North Olmsted should be one. If that's what it takes for him to stay on RL, his boss would be a fool not to pony up for it.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
^^^^ What he said.^^^^

WTF is kiss my *** so worked up about?
If you went to buy a car with 1700 miles on it, owned by a friend... and then found out that it had more miles on it and was owned by a Dealership.... tell me me you would say all is good.

Now let's just get clarification on what happened, and not gloss it over based upon our emotions or loyalties.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:25 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

frankly, i like chris' participation a lot but the point about the mileage on the car was a valid one. it seemed to me that chris was going to look into a big oversight

this is a discussion board & arguments should be acceptable - i just don't see the ban justification here unless it was for not being a sponsor
Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just remember:

It is an immutable law that the messenger always gets beheaded.

So much for your credibility if you believe that nonsensical pseudo-maxim.

Thanks for establishing a reference.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:38 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^ you want to contradict the Bard?

Quick Reply: Likemystoppie? got a ban...