Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 C2 or 2009 CAB S ? What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:47 PM
jk335
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 C2 or 2009 CAB S ? What would you do?

Okay,

Narrowed down my search to two automobiles. I must have Navagation, IPOD and BLUETOOTH as options. These are the two my dealer has for me to choose.

1. C2- around 85,000.00 i believe and around 1000.00 a month payment.

2. CAB S - 104,000.00, lots of fun options.

BOTH 6 speed manual. I won't do PDK...

So what would you choose? Both are dream cars. The Boxster S is OUT because I cannot locate one Nav Boxster S that has NAV, Blue, BOSE ect. Most dealerrs did not option those up for 6 speed manual.

On the cab side, I drove it and loved it. NO wind with the defuser. Beautiful drive. ABOVE my budget. I will push towards 1100 a month, but folks this is a lease. The 911 C2 is beautiful But... it's not a vert, but it fits my core set of havign NAV, Blue, and IPOD. Originally I had ruled out a C2 but I am reconsidering due to the fact the car is a great drive. I may kick myself down the line for this when I see a vert in the summer though. So what would you do?

Also, do you think after a 12,000.00 mark down, a dealership can ever sustain a lower price? I feel the only way to see myself into a porsche is a payment of 1100 a month. The CAB deal has 500. cap cost reduction too... which I hate to do on leases.

If you have a moment, please comment
Old 03-29-2009, 02:08 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I made the switch form Coupe to Cab it was like a vacation within a vacation. I just didn't understand until I got a Cab how enjoyable they really are.
You should be able to get a bit better than 12K off any new Cab, more if it has lots of options. If your dealer won't do it others gladly will. At 12K off, there is still margin it for them. I would shoot for 14 or 15K off list. Just remember, you might have to make some compromises on color & options to get the best deal.
If you love the Cab at 12K off, and can't do better or find a similar combo elsewhere, it's still a great deal.
Enjoy the summer!
Attached Images   
Old 03-29-2009, 02:18 PM
dD/dt
Racer

Personally, I can't enjoy a car that's outside my budget, no matter how nice. That's why I'm driving a 330i (to which I hold the title) and have put off the 997 purchase for a few more months until it can be bought without inducing any financial stress.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:23 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

From my looking at the market prices likely will continue to drop....not sure how low they will go...I am now seeing several 2007 models (coupes, obviously used...and in my price range) around 50K...and folks seem very very eager to sell....I suspect dealers are giving lower trades-in...and thus leading to lower prices and the factory will start pumping deals....German law makes it hard to shed workers...thus companies tend to produce...keep the place running until better times return...
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM
jlinmd
Racer

If you think there's a possibility of you kicking yourself when you see someone else driving a cab, then just go for the cab. You'll be leasing it for a few years and it's a lot harder to get out of it early than if the car was purchased. I love convertibles, so the cab will be my choice after my lease ends in 3 years.

If you're already looking at a C2 and like it, and want to stay within your budget, why not get a C2 Cab instead of a C2S cab, which is close to $20k more than the C2?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Top down, man, there's nothing better. Just do it.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-29-2009, 05:30 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely a convertible is more enjoyable. In the future I will add a coupe for DE events; however, the Cab is and always will be my first choice.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:57 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

There is just nothing better than going topless.
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

FYI, there are lots of third party add ons like Dennison or tooki which allow the bluetooth and iPod. Flexibility here may open up lots of options.

oh, and get a cab.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:41 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like your color RED HORSE. Atlas looks different every time I look at it.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:34 PM
jk335
Instructor

Thanks for the replies. Had no idea you could deal up to 15,000 off a CAB and still let dealers make money.

The CAB was a tremendous drive, and if I can some how get it into my price range, it will be ideal.

Let's just say I couldn't get it down to my budget. Am I better off gettign a C2, or just doing another car until i can personally afford to drive a CAB the RIGHT way.

For the record, the CAB S is equiped how I'd want to go. Will I get used to the windstop being a screen. Wish it had an element of see through plastic like the BOXSTER S does. But I can't complaint, my girlfriend was THRILLED to not have her hair in knots after the drive. She too prefers CAB to C2. I just see the practicality of a C2 payment wise. It's defnitely a beautiful car non the less. I see what you all enjoy the CAB so much, it felt liberating and luxurious all while being fast and nimble. Porsche is really the perfect sports car bar none. If I can't make it happen this year, in three years I will look into the P CAR again.

But I am not done trying to make this dream a reality...
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM
jk335
Instructor

Originally Posted by todd.
When I made the switch form Coupe to Cab it was like a vacation within a vacation. I just didn't understand until I got a Cab how enjoyable they really are.
You should be able to get a bit better than 12K off any new Cab, more if it has lots of options. If your dealer won't do it others gladly will. At 12K off, there is still margin it for them. I would shoot for 14 or 15K off list. Just remember, you might have to make some compromises on color & options to get the best deal.
If you love the Cab at 12K off, and can't do better or find a similar combo elsewhere, it's still a great deal.
Enjoy the summer!
May I also add your AQUA blue 911 S CAB has beautiful wheels and just lookign at the C2 Artic Silver is makign me change my mind to a coupe!

With the C2, would I miss my current ride's moonroof? GOD, though, would an amazing designed car.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 PM
jk335
Instructor

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
There is just nothing better than going topless.
The wheels, the color, the interior work this CAB death. I used to dislike those wheels, and now, I think they are in my top three wheels of Porsche all around. Perfect car in my opinion.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 PM
jk335
Instructor

Originally Posted by todd.
Enjoy the summer!
Todd, do you miss Artic Silver. Thats my first choice and the Aqua you have is a CLOSE second. Congrats on an amazing car. Do you run a Jeep in the winter months?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Originally Posted by jk335
Thanks for the replies. Had no idea you could deal up to 15,000 off a CAB and still let dealers make money.

The CAB was a tremendous drive, and if I can some how get it into my price range, it will be ideal.

Let's just say I couldn't get it down to my budget. Am I better off gettign a C2, or just doing another car until i can personally afford to drive a CAB the RIGHT way.

For the record, the CAB S is equiped how I'd want to go. Will I get used to the windstop being a screen. Wish it had an element of see through plastic like the BOXSTER S does. But I can't complaint, my girlfriend was THRILLED to not have her hair in knots after the drive. She too prefers CAB to C2. I just see the practicality of a C2 payment wise. It's defnitely a beautiful car non the less. I see what you all enjoy the CAB so much, it felt liberating and luxurious all while being fast and nimble. Porsche is really the perfect sports car bar none. If I can't make it happen this year, in three years I will look into the P CAR again.

But I am not done trying to make this dream a reality...
How about a C2 Cab???? It may be closer to your budget.

Quick Reply: 2009 C2 or 2009 CAB S ? What would you do?