Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1222mi on the new C2S PDK and kaput...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009 | 09:55 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Jack, Jack, Jack.

With all my posts offering my support, my advice and NYC attitude, you agree to $500??? Porsche has deep pockets. Very deep and you need to take them big time. At least $501! If you keep thinking small, you will let Managed Care take over the medical profession. Oops...it has ready.
Old 04-15-2009 | 12:34 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Jack, Jack, Jack.

With all my posts offering my support, my advice and NYC attitude, you agree to $500??? Porsche has deep pockets. Very deep and you need to take them big time. At least $501! If you keep thinking small, you will let Managed Care take over the medical profession. Oops...it has ready.
I KNOW! I'm a wuss. I know I could have gotten a lot more from them. I'm just not the confrontational...type...of....person... It's just not worth my energy and my breath. Life is too short to worry about $500 extra dollars, which is probably something I'd have asked for if I had fought harder to make it one monthly payment worth.

Tell you somethin' though. I'm glad it's fixed cuz I'm having a blast driving that thing! You need to get one....sooooon!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2009 | 02:09 PM
useridchallenged
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by jlinmd
they went ahead and poked their heads under the car and prodded around the engine bay, and found a "loose" wire around the starter
Which wire was it precisely? Might it have been a fusable link? I don't know if the 997 has a fusable link, but this has caused me trouble with the same symptoms on other vehicles. Or perhaps the B+ Cable (I had to recently replace this on my 997.1)?
Old 04-24-2009 | 03:05 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Jack, Jack, Jack.

Originally Posted by jlinmd
I KNOW! I'm a wuss. I know I could have gotten a lot more from them. I'm just not the confrontational...type...of....person... It's just not worth my energy and my breath. Life is too short to worry about $500 extra dollars, which is probably something I'd have asked for if I had fought harder to make it one monthly payment worth.

Tell you somethin' though. I'm glad it's fixed cuz I'm having a blast driving that thing! You need to get one....sooooon!!!!!!!!!!!
Uh huh....

See a common theme here, Mark?
Old 04-24-2009 | 05:22 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Originally Posted by useridchallenged
Which wire was it precisely? Might it have been a fusable link? I don't know if the 997 has a fusable link, but this has caused me trouble with the same symptoms on other vehicles. Or perhaps the B+ Cable (I had to recently replace this on my 997.1)?
It was a cable connecting to the positive solenoid on the starter.

Quick Reply: 1222mi on the new C2S PDK and kaput...(long)