Sponsored by:

AGLA 997 GT2 style wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:05 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AGLA 997 GT2 style wheel

AGLA has for sale at the link below a all black leather 997 triangular airbag wheel with a number of special features yet retains the original wheel so you may stiil use your current airbag and or mutifunction controls.
We added on the following features
- GT2 style padded wheel - not available on these multifunction wheels/only the non multifunction round airbag version as on gt2 version.Adds @ 1/3 inch more in diameter /@3/4 - 1 inch circumference vs stock wheel.
-Thumb rests at 10-2 oclock- also not seen on this wheel /only on the sport
-Perforated leather sides /for a more sportier feel- smooth black leather top and bottom areas for a subtle two tone custom wheel.

See this link at my ebay store or call me directly at 1 800 780 4500
If you have a wheel but do not have a black interiorl or prefer alcantara
materials let me know.I also can send all of you more pictures of this wheel and others
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

thank you very much
Alan Gun/AGLA
Old 03-17-2009, 01:26 AM
hello911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sure wish you would figure out how to take better photos, i think your business would skyrocket if we could see the quality. Almost looks like a camera phone, maybe it's time to hire a photographer to do justice to your product? I am real interested in using you but even photos you've emailed me are fuzzy....
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

A lot of ebay users don't know how to host photos. NEVER use their location to display photos. ALWAYS upload them onto your own image-hosting site and then provide an embedded URL to that photo on eBay. they come out much larger if you so choose. Ebay hosting shrinks them down.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:22 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

I will try to improveon my pictures however they are a collection of pictures that I have from over the years - since this is a mail order business i would love to have the car and set up how they look installed but that rarely happens.I always am shipping the item elsewhere. I use a old 2 megapixel camera however i will see about gettng a better one since they are cheap these days.I try to prioritise getting products made so picture taking is not a top priority - I shoud not oeven be here typing -i have to get a number of orders out and a sewing machine is not working correctly.....
However i will try to correct it.
Thanks
A Gun
Old 03-21-2009, 07:40 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALAN!!!!

I am so glad I found this!

Please look at the pictures of a wheel Alan did for me. There are some real PROs here on Renn that know how to do custom wheels. Alan Gun is not one of them. This mess cost me over $500.00 and when I pulled it out of the box, my wife actually laughed. It was absolutely PATHETIC. You can see glue spots, bunched leather and more.

Not only did he not fix it, he is genuinely one of the rudest most obnoxious people I have ever dealt with. Some of the things he said to me on the phone were beyond the pale. When I was dealing with Alan, I had just been diagnosed with cancer. When I called to complain about the wheel, Alan said that I doctored pictures with Photoshop and that I actually caused the damage to the wheel. When I wouldn’t give up, he called me “Cancer Boy” and told me to hurry up and die so he wouldn’t have to hear from me any more.

Well, Alan, I still have the cancer, but I’m still here and every time you post something on this forum and try to sucker some of the best folks I have ever come across. I will post this story again, and again, and again.

Rennlisters BEWARE!

Alan,

I got the steering wheel today. Thank you for the expediting shipping.

I must say that I am not very happy with the way it turned out. In fact, I'm very upset about it. I have included pictures of the areas that I have problems with.

First of all I sent you what was for all intents and purposes a brand new steering wheel on the 1st of March, two day Fed Ex. You called me on the 3rd telling me you had the wheel in your shop and we discussed once again the details of the work you were to do. On previous conversations, you told me that a "simple wheel like yours would take about a week". Today is the 26th of March, a full 3 weeks after you had the wheel in your shop. I called you Tuesday the 21st looking for the wheel and you said it was done and that it would ship out the next morning. You said I would have it by the weekend. I called you again on Friday the 24th of March because the wheel had not come. You told me that you were inundated with relatives and that you had not been able to personally inspect the wheel. You told me that once you did, you would send it right out. I asked you about Saturday delivery and we agreed that you would send it via express mail USPS.

Second, the quality of the wheel is in my opinion very substandard. The stitching is very uneven. The padding is lumpy and the fit and finish of the edges is just downright poor. There is glue everywhere and both the left and right spokes are damaged. Also, the seams towards the bottom of the wheel where the alcantara and the leather meet is much lower that specified in my letter to you.

All in all, I am very disappointed. I would appreciate the money spent for the work you did refunded to my credit card. Even if you thought you could fix all the problems mentioned here, I am unwilling to spend another three weeks without my car. Secondly, since this wheel is in no way suitable, I would ask that you bear the burden of a replacement steering wheel from Porsche. I will do the leg work and find the best price I can for a wheel and let you know what the cost is.

Sincerely,

Thomas Sila
Attached Images       
Old 03-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Sadiq
Pro

oh man... buyer beware

well alan, looks like it's time to find a new line of work :-/
Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 PM
hello911
Intermediate

they look better in the blurry photos
Old 03-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 03-22-2009, 01:31 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

I would be outraged at this... what sub par work. Alan what do you have to say for yourself?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:18 PM
md11plt
Pro

More here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=39883
Old 03-23-2009, 04:29 PM
cmoss

Originally Posted by Sadiq
oh man... buyer beware

well alan, looks like it's time to find a new line of work :-/
Well, he prolly had to pay IB to be a sponsor... Perhaps what goes around, comes around.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

To all rennlisters here
This person has a issue with me - ihe has turned it personal- I tried my best with him- he's even posted his scars on anothe forum;- he refused to send back the item for warranty -why should I be any differnt than any other company large of small- send it back for warranty and we'll correct the matter - he refused to send it back and wanted his money back using his illness that has nothing to do with this mater -he brought it up and what does that had to do with a refund????Sorry it does ot work this way neither for me or any of you .So how is it i am in business all these years ?????Tell me all the wheels we have made making them with literally blood sweat and tears and 1-2 people pop up over a 20 year period with an issue with me .Any of you will have 1- 2 people pop up with an issue after 20 years also.

AGLA has and will continue to be a legitament hard working business regarless of one individuals' issue with me. I am a sorry that one rennlister has decided to wash his laundry in public-He got his revenge
All I know when someone refuses in any business large or small to return an item for warranty there is no refund.Why should I be any different? Becasue he has cancer is the logic here???Sorry.....NO

Last edited by AGLA; 03-23-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by AGLA
To all rennlisters here
This person has a issue with me - ihe has turned it personal- I tried my best with him- he's even posted his scars on anothe forum;- he refused to send back the item for warranty -why should I be any differnt than any other company large of small- send it back for warranty and we'll correct the matter - he refused to send it back and wanted his money back using his illness that has nothing to do with this mater -he brought it up and what does that had to do with a refund????Sorry it does ot work this way neither for me or any of you .So how is it i am in business all these years ?????Tell me all the wheels we have made making them with literally blood sweat and tears and 1-2 people pop up over a 20 year period with an issue with me .Any of you will have 1- 2 people pop up with an issue after 20 years also.

AGLA has and will continue to be a legitament hard working business regarless of one individuals' issue with me. I am a sorry that one rennlister has decided to wash his laundry in public-He got his revenge
All I know when someone refuses in any business large or small to return an item for warranty there is no refund.Why should I be any different? Becasue he has cancer is the logic here???Sorry.....NO
Dr. Gun,

In all fairness, it sounds like he did return it for warranty service once and did not achieve satisfaction. Why should he have to return the wheel again? Why not do it right the first time?

Also, it sounds like you took way longer than promised both times you had the wheel. For most people, that's not too huge of an issue, but when you have cancer, time is the most important thing you have. That was the point he was making by bringing up his condition, not "I have cancer therefore give me free money."

Do you deny his allegation that you called him "cancer boy" and asked him to die so you wouldn't have to deal with him? That's pretty bad, but you don't address that anywhere.

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I want to hear both sides of the story. I don't think we want to crucify you over nothing. But from what I can gather, 1) you take longer than you promise to do work, 2) you are satisfied to send out shoddy work, 3) you are not pleasant to deal with, and 4) you do not have a satisfaction guarantee.

Furthermore, you don't apologize for any of these things, you basically just say it's all the customer's fault. I agree with you that 1-2 unhappy customers in 20 years is a great track record. But it looks like this unhappy customer was not at fault. It wasn't just "this customer is a ***** and there's no pleasing him" - it really looks like you took no pride in your work with this customer's item.

And the wheel that he showed us is the ONLY detailed example of your work we have ever seen. You state in other threads that you're not a computer person and you don't have time to sit around and take pictures, and that the pictures you have up on eBay are 4 years old. Like it or not, you are not just a wheel-maker - you are a business owner. That means you're responsible for growing your business, and that includes showing good examples of your work. If you can't figure out how to use a computer, go on craigslist and hire someone to do it for you; it would only cost you $20-30.

Furthermore, you need to have someone edit your posts for grammar and spelling. How can I justify trusting you with my Porsche steering wheel and $500 when I'm seeing words like "legitament," "mater," and "a issue." This is YOUR business and YOUR money at stake, and yet why do I feel like I've taken more time and care on my post than you have on yours?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 PM
md11plt
Pro

The pictures tell it all, Alan. And I will tell this story again, and again, and again.

See, here on Renn, rule one is to look out for each other. There is a Rennlist "code" that we all live by and I would be doing my brethren a disservice by not letting them know of your character. If you make it here is not up to me. If people think I'm full of crap, what I say won't affect you.

Unfortunately, with all the lies and double talk you have posted today, you have proven me right again and again. You are untrustworthy and a liar.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
simplysql
Instructor

as you unfortunately know, life is too short to deal with stuff like this - I don't know anyone who would trust their Porsche to a business where this "might" happen. Maybe it won't - but maybe it will.

Quick Reply: AGLA 997 GT2 style wheel