Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AGLA 997 GT2 style wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frankly it was so long ago that i do not remember warranting the wheel-what I remember was him not sending it back nor do i have records dating back that we saw the wheel back here again.Not an excuse - just the truth - I don't remember anything about Mr Sila other than the cancer issue and not gettitng to see the wheel again.Again what does cancer have to do anthing with any issue here -so why do I need to address it - i am not practising medicine these days anyway - it had nothing to do back then nor does it now- He used the cancer issue just too much with me to the point that I thought it was a fake way to get back his money.The proof is in the fact that how did I know he had cancer - I'm in Florida - he's in Utah??Don't know him - He brought it up out of the blue -why?? No need for it.It was brought up by him with his insistance on getting a refund - otherwise why would i know.
Yes he has cancer - he's survivor -Congratulation for surviving this horrible disease.
And at the time though it was not a valid reason and still is not to give back monies. Had i been treating him for cancer then we would have had a discusion on it and we'd be on a cancer forum but we are taliking about a custom made wheel I made years ago and about 1000 wheels back.
I can not prove anything other than my word and since some of you at rennlist have decided that i am worse than dirt _ I guess Mr Sila wins .He got his revenge - congratulation.I still don;t know how is it i have made all these wheel for alot of people plus all the ****/boots etc.Go ahead ask any sponsor here in rennlist- I know all of them.GO ahead ask them if i ripped them off. If i need to get this abuse from several past customers and in return have 1000's of happy customer -fine I accept it .
See my web site at www.aglausa.com and better yet my ebay store for 997 customers.While there go through my feedback- you'll see a 96.7 today - nothing over a 8 year period since I have been on ebay about shoddy work-OK maybe one but i am not wasting my time going thru endless pages of feedback to verify it- you'll find lost or delayed issues at best .So pleasereview its there for all of you to read at my feedback- that I can not make up nor do i have access to it - Its ebays property

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Enough said - this is a personal matter that was closed the second mr sila sold the wheel whenever that was which was his choice - up until then it was under warranty for me to redo.He refused to take up my offer
Was i rude to him- yes - I am truely sorry- I know what cancer victim go through but MR sila - Who told you that's a reason for a refund???. I am sorry -I am not politically correct nor will i sit here and accept that someones illness has anything to to with a business transcaction.I would ask in your new found heatlh that it not a reason for any business transaction either buying or selling.
Again for any wheel I make I will gladly redo it - and have always done so-am i perfect NO- but i try my best .Many have been satisfied with the work worldwide
MR Sila in my 20 years of doing this won my award to being one of my most difficult customers in a 20 year period.He decided to take this to a public stage and frankly and honeslty he pissed me off becasue nothing ever made him happy .If I try to accomodate someone /bend over backwards and still nothing makes them happy then thats it - there is nothing else i can do and he pissed me off- bottom line
If any of you don;t wish to do business with me then fine MR sila got his revenge but frankly I live and breath these wheels every day - None of you know what it is to sweat the details out on every wheel made .You think its easy - thats why very few of us do this type of work.And if I did not care why would I waste my good time here -I have deadlines to meet on alot of wheels and parts being made.
Feel free to call me at 1 800 780 4500 and we can discuss it - any one of you - i have nothing to hide
A gun
Old 03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Sadiq
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but don't you think a customer who is not satisfied with the work is entitled to a refund once he has already sent it back once and it has once again come to him in a shoddy state?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
autoboy70
Intermediate

Alan,

The pictures Tom posted are pretty bad. I would highly suggest that you take new pictures of your wheels and show that you have done better work than Tom shows. Detail pictures will turn out blurry if you do not use the "macro" setting on your digital camera. It is usually represented with a flower icon. That will let you move the camera closer without getting blurry pictures.

Pictures hosted by eBay are expensive once you get past the first. $0.15 an image. If you want larger pictures, you can use a third party hosting service like Photobucket. Or, you can use a third party listing tool like Auctiva.com. They will host your pictures for free and post a nice looking auction template with zoomable images. It is really easy to use Auctiva. Photobucket requires some extra knowledge.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Sadiq
Pro

also, please feel free to PM me if you want help uploading your higher quality pictures, or displaying them on your eBay page.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
autoboy70
Intermediate

Alan, you might also want to install Firefox browser instead of Internet Explorer that you likely use. You can find it on firefox.com. It has a built in spell checker. It will spell check all your entries in forums and on eBay. I am a bad speller as well. Proper grammar and spelling will help you sell more on eBay. It is a community based on trust. The more trust you can give your buyer, the more willing they are to buy from you. Instead of reading this forum that is basically a lost cause for you, I would recommend that you do a few things to improve your appearance of trust and professionalism on eBay. Your eBay auction listings are full of grammar mistakes that betray your professionalism. If you made these changes, I wouldn't be surprised if your sales doubled.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

I havbe not spelled checked becasue i am in a rush texting hear and working trying to make these items that seems to some of you so easy to make -My wife/kids are screaming at me to come home from work and it 9 pm.
As for the pictures finally someone at rennlist with a nice offer.I got a new camera last week 7 meg sony . I like the idea of recent pictures to post .I'll do that later this week as i do have some happy customers ......
Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Its been along day-I would love to write correctly/spell if i had the time-I did get an education.My wife has asked me for her to write the postings however she has no clue what to answer half the time- so its just easier for me to type it in and get back to work.However I deeply see that some of you care and are defending me or giving me a chance .I agree my pictures can be better- We are working on it with the new camera. My idea is to post all of them onto a facebook page.There are hundreds of pictures so I guess we have had some happy customers over the years ....
A Gun
Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
autoboy70
Intermediate

I'm just saying that if you are trying to impress Porsche fans you may be limiting your market with poor grammar such as using the word "hear" instead of "here." If there is one thing you can say about nearly every one of us, is that we are pretty smart folk.

Also, excuses never get anything done Alan.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:26 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Yes I agree- it gets by me as I type too fast - sometimes I spellcheck ,sometimes I do not in my haste .I don't like to use " here for hear " or "there rather than their" either. Just trying to keep up with all things all the time .Add to that all the things I must do and there is not enough time for half of it - If any of you are in manufacturing then you know what I am talking about....
Of all the forums I have been in Rennlist certantly wins the awards for grammer correctness.
A Gun
Old 03-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by AGLA
Yes I agree- it gets by me as I type too fast - sometimes I spellcheck ,sometimes I do not in my haste .I don't like to use " here for hear " or "there rather than their" either. Just trying to keep up with all things all the time .Add to that all the things I must do and there is not enough time for half of it - If any of you are in manufacturing then you know what I am talking about....
Of all the forums I have been in Rennlist certantly wins the awards for grammer correctness.
A Gun
YeA yO we TaLK TyTe Yo!! wE r wIn TeH GrAmMarzZ
Old 03-24-2009, 01:21 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

To all rennlisters here
This person has a issue with me
Hello Alan,
Make that two - I also have an issue with you. you screwed me on a steering wheel re-cover years ago. You picked the wrong place to hawk your crap!

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 AM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Not especially impressive eBay feedback as far as eBay feedback goes:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...tems=25&page=2

Based on my very unsatisfactory experience with AGLA, md11plt's posts are certainly within what I would consider the realm of believability. Personally, I gave up after 6 MONTHS of promises and excuses. A friend of mine saw the workmanship, laughed, and said it was crap. If you will look around, I am not the only one: https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...stored.html#11

I even went so far as to ask up front if I could pay an upcharge for work done right as apparently not all his work is bad. I was told an upcharge wasn't necessary. I don't have an axe to grind. I have given up on AGLA and my money. Similar to here, I offered some advice on his business practices. When times are good, you can jerk people off and get away with it. When times are a tougher, you remember who were your good suppliers and support them.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by md11plt
When I wouldn’t give up, he called me “Cancer Boy” and told me to hurry up and die so he wouldn’t have to hear from me any more.
O . . . . . M . . . . . . G

What a douchebag!

And judging from the Tijuana grade quality of work, that wheel isn't fit to go on a go-cart, much much less on a Porsche.

I can't believe this purveyor of bona fide inferior products is still posting here. (Heck, if it had been made in China at least it might have come back somewhat decent looking. But this looks like it was put together by illegals hanging out at Home Depot desperately looking for work who eagerly said, "Si," when asked if they had experience in upholstery.)

If this guy had any decency at all he would have folded up his snake oil stand long, long ago and taken his act elsewhere, after being so thoroughly exposed here. What an embarrassment! But then again, maybe he has no sense of shame or decency.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:52 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

MR Sila in my 20 years of doing this won my award to being one of my most difficult customers in a 20 year period.
Being a vendor I do know there is always two sides to any story. Though when it comes down to it, the customer is always right. But I have to say that I have had numerous dealings with Tom (Mr. Sila) and he was one of the nicest people to do business with that I have come across.

Last edited by viperbob; 03-24-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM
V.A.G.
Three Wheelin'

E-bay store...pictures that don't tell you anything...not having any records..WHAT type of business is that??!

You better look for another place to sell your crap...

Quick Reply: AGLA 997 GT2 style wheel